BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It shows a distinct lack of ambition by the CEO.

He'll be employed with the remit to keep us in the league - both this year and going forward - with a shoestring budget. 

Look forward to being big, physical and good at set pieces for the next few years. 

‘A progressive model of playing throughout the club from the under 9s to the first team’ didn’t last long, did it…

• Like 6

I think the academy and first team identity stuff is nonsense anyway. We’ve had academy teams that play expansive football for a number of years, well before JDT and will do way beyond as that is what the modern game looks for. The aim of the academy is to produce pro footballers for rovers or elsewhere, they will follow the model that delivers saleable assets which is currently technical players comfortable moving the ball at speed with both feet. In 5 years time it might revert to big direct players, and our recruitment and coaching model will change as that’s what we’re set up to do. We’re an academy that is reactive to what the industry wants, we’re unfortunately not in a position to be proactive in shaping what the industry wants like City, etc 

• Like 1

Best football the U23s played in recent times was when Johnson was in charge and it was different to the bland over cautious stuff Mowbray tended to serve up a first team level.

Leading to calls for the first team to align more with that style, then DJ got promoted to the backroom and hidden from view.......

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

what gives you right at all to have an opinion on a DOF? 

Understanding of the role. Understanding of the working structure and circumstances. 

Far too many people act like experts and so easy to do so.

I have listened to a number of interviews on training ground guru youtube channel with director of football and learn and develop the understanding of the role. 

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Why do you always insist on names? I doubt you know any names other than the obvious ones, who's to know what good looks like? None of have a clue unless we've worked in elite football.

I know a plenty of Them thanks. Given the number of podcasts and interviews I have watched over the last few months. 

Stockport DoF is Simon Wilson. Salford City DoF is Chris Casper. I named those 2 clubs in an earlier post. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Understanding of the role. Understanding of the working structure and circumstances. 

Far too many people act like experts and so easy to do so.

I have listened to a number of interviews on training ground guru youtube channel with director of football and learn and develop the understanding of the role. 

I know a plenty of Them thanks. Given the number of podcasts and interviews I have watched over the last few months. 

Stockport DoF is Simon Wilson. Salford City DoF is Chris Casper. I named those 2 clubs in an earlier post. 

do-you-want-a-sticker-brother-hulk-hogan.gif.421991ef4a9174b13f8c43a50bf2aaf6.gif

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

None of us are managers or professional players either so lets not comment on their performances either.

Wouldn’t be much of a forum would it

• Like 1

Blimey Chaddy, when you're in a hole stop digging!

Anyhow on Eustace, he seems to be doing what it says on the tin i.e. hopefully grinding out enough points to limp to safety.

Whether playing in this manner with zero attacking intent is viable over a full season though, I very much doubt.

And is there ANYTHING to do with the Club that will encourage people to buy a season ticket next season? If there is I must have missed it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Blimey Chaddy, when you're in a hole stop digging!

Anyhow on Eustace, he seems to be doing what it says on the tin i.e. hopefully grinding out enough points to limp to safety.

Whether playing in this manner with zero attacking intent is viable over a full season though, I very much doubt.

And is there ANYTHING to do with the Club that will encourage people to buy a season ticket next season? If there is I must have missed it.

Another one for Chaddy

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Suggestions last night that Eustace might produce a combination of the best of JDT with pragmatism. 

To a degree.

Buckley made a difference; we moved the ball a lot better when he came on and controlled possession more.

The same old problems were there though, mainly that for all the possession, we just don't get the ball in the box anywhere near enough.

I was happy with the result though. A point on the road, when you're scrapping away near the bottom, is a good point.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

To a degree.

Buckley made a difference; we moved the ball a lot better when he came on and controlled possession more.

The same old problems were there though, mainly that for all the possession, we just don't get the ball in the box anywhere near enough.

I was happy with the result though. A point on the road, when you're scrapping away near the bottom, is a good point.

Last night highlighted why implementing a plan b is not easy against teams that sit back. With SG off, and no Hedges the last 20 were “JDT” football. If Telavovic was trusted and we dared go to a back 4 then we could have just bombarded their box.

That it didn’t/can’t/won’t happen under current circumstances I can fully understand given the players available and our shocking record of conceding late goals.

32 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t know which is the harder job brain surgeon, sorting out the immigration policy or the person doing rovers highlights since JDT left

Sorting out the highlights is easy peasy, there are none

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the approach last night.

Set out to stop the opposition and go long then opened it up later on and tried to win it.

Working with a very limited squad and asking loaness to throw themselves into tackles and in front of the ball.  Didn't come off attack wise but there was still some decent bits of play without actually creating anything and that's nothing new.

Other clubs, your Brums and Sunderlands and co have bright young players who can nick games like that, we don't.

When you concentrate on defence it's going to take something away from the previous flowing back to front attacks it's a price you pay with a limited squad.  Can't do both as we saw with JDT so it has to be one or the other at times.

That's called plan B.

• Like 5

There definitely feels a likeness to the beginning of the Hughes era in our first 4 games under JE. Hopefully once the mild threat of being sucked into the bottom 3 subsides we will start to see a similar shift as we did with MH and the reigns being loosened a little. 

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

There definitely feels a likeness to the beginning of the Hughes era in our first 4 games under JE. Hopefully once the mild threat of being sucked into the bottom 3 subsides we will start to see a similar shift as we did with MH and the reigns being loosened a little. 

Auto correct ? “ Reins “ ?