BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We scrapped a point playing shite at Cardiff, that was a positive.

We haven't managed it today despite a good second half because weak play by the usual suspects gave us a mountain to climb after 10 mins or so.

That's a negative, where you negative on Tues ?    Actually don't answer i can guess.

How is playing shite a positive? Short-termism that will bite us (and has) in the behind. We were clearly not moving towards mid-table and instead closer to the bottom 3 - nothing to be positive about.

I was positive on Tuesday as the players actually looked like they were interested in the shirt they were wearing, which can’t be said often recently, and clearly wasn’t backed up today.

Anyway, besides the back and forth, we’re in agreement that we’re run by morons, the majority of players are weak at worst and uninterested at best, the owners have ripped any quality we had apart and any manager would struggle to get a tune out of what’s left.

6 points from Millwall and Plymouth needed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

I wasn't convinced when he came in and I've seen nothing to change my mind.

And the most worrying aspect is that he had the perfect run of games to start his tenure with a few wins.

We've not just failed to win any of those, but we've been awful to watch (Newcastle aside).

No excuses.

Not only was I not convinced when he came in I hold him in the same regard as the likes of Kean & Coyle, a lip service bullshitter who has somehow managed to con his way into jobs that he has no right to be in. File Michael Beale in that category too who will probably be the next chancer to smear our once great club.

• Like 3

A lot of JDT style football played in that game. Not sure where it's been for any of the other games.

In the six games he's had we should have won three of them at least. All poor teams. Not good enough. No excuses.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

And the most worrying aspect is that he had the perfect run of games to start his tenure with a few wins.

We've not just failed to win any of those, but we've been awful to watch (Newcastle aside).

No excuses.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No offence but that-s absolute bollocks.

Great signing in Szmodics, Tronstad maybe OK, the rest ranging from poor to downright disastrous.

So if it's "absolute bollocks" then which period under the venkys other than bowyers where we consistently signing better players? Mowbray avaraged one successful signing roughly every couple of years id say and he had more m9ney to spend at times! 

12 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's not though, is it. 

We've been better defensively since he arrived. He's suffering from the same problems that JDT had - zero attacking options and a weak squad. 

Selling A. Wharton and not replacing him was suicide. 

All part of the Raos plan , I am afraid..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy said:

No excuses.

Totally agree mate

What a perfect set of winnable games and we have won 0

Really frustrating.

Very poor style of football too. Some basic and individual errors, does he even show them videos of the previous games?!

8 hours ago, Spankus Munky said:

Not only was I not convinced when he came in I hold him in the same regard as the likes of Kean & Coyle, a lip service bullshitter who has somehow managed to con his way into jobs that he has no right to be in. File Michael Beale in that category too who will probably be the next chancer to smear our once great club.

God we have had some awful managers since this lot came in. 

Yep agreed. Add him to the list

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's not though, is it. 

We've been better defensively since he arrived. He's suffering from the same problems that JDT had - zero attacking options and a weak squad. 

Selling A. Wharton and not replacing him was suicide. 

Have we actually been better or has Pears been the difference? Any stats guys willing to compare xg against for the last 6 vs 6 games with Wahlstedt 

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Totally agree mate

Really frustrating.

Very poor style of football too. Some basic and individual errors, does he even show them videos of the previous games?!

God we have had some awful managers since this lot came in. 

Yep agreed. Add him to the list

Very true , the best one by far was their first ,sacked within a month!

That in itself, shows you the lack of ambition by the Raos , since day one of their tenure...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Really frustrating.

Very poor style of football too.

Against Stoke, Norwich and Newcastle much the better team and created the better chances. Still yesterday we created the better chances for example. 

The style of football very poor? What style would you play with this set of players and Formation 

11 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Some basic and individual errors, does he even show them videos of the previous games?!

I would imagine so and alot of the work since he has come in as been in the video room and team meetings as JE as sad repeatedly..

After Saturday home game against Plymouth we have 1 game in 3 weeks and I would fully expect Eustace and his staff to have the players in for most of those days with on set pieces, attacking and defensive game plus working on formation shape

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Against Stoke, Norwich and Newcastle much the better team and created the better chances. Still yesterday we created the better chances for example. 

The style of football very poor? What style would you play with this set of players and Formation 

I would imagine so and alot of the work since he has come in as been in the video room and team meetings as JE as sad repeatedly..

After Saturday home game against Plymouth we have 1 game in 3 weeks and I would fully expect Eustace and his staff to have the players in for most of those days with on set pieces, attacking and defensive game plus working on formation shape

It's refreshing to see an opinion framing the current situation in positive light. 

If we were awful, but winning games against the teams around/below us, nobody would care one jot.

But we're awful AND being beaten, struggling to draw against those sides.

We needed a Warnock/TM/Big Sam type to get us over the line this season, then review options in the summer.
We got a rookie who has shown nothing so far, nothing to suggest things will improve and he's apparently telling the fans to 'fuck off' at the end of matches...

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

If we were awful, but winning games against the teams around/below us, nobody would care one jot.

But we're awful AND being beaten, struggling to draw against those sides.

We needed a Warnock/TM/Big Sam type to get us over the line this season, then review options in the summer.
We got a rookie who has shown nothing so far, nothing to suggest things will improve and he's apparently telling the fans to 'fuck off' at the end of matches...

TM?

He failed the last time we were in this situation. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Millwall and Plymouth games come before then, they are make or break games.

We need to get a few of these players in hospital for heart transplants.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Aside from promoted coaches and Appleton every manager Vs have employed has been unemployed having been sacked elsewhere.

Tomasson bucked that trend having stepped down himself after winning two Swedish titles and was looking around for his next venture.

They have reverted to type having yet again learned no lessons about anything but the prospect of relaunching a young coaches career, then maybe getting compen for him in 18 months time, i'd say is probably the driving factor behind this appointment not the impending spectre of a real relegation fight.

That's how stupid they are

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Millwall and Plymouth games come before then, they are make or break games.

We need to get a few of these players in hospital for heart transplants.

Nailed it. Average, even poor players can go a long way and get results when up for it and fighting until their last breath.

Same old with The Rao’s. They never learn. As for JE. This appointments on Waggott. 

That says it all.

The next two games are massive. Let’s see us crumble.

1 minute ago, Moptop1 said:

Same old with The Rao’s. They never learn. As for JE. This appointments on Waggott. 

That says it all.

I’ve been around long enough to know that is very likely but let’s not wish it happens ! Let’s at least hope that the players put a shift in and somehow get an unexpected win.

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The squad is fucking shit. The worst squad I've ever seen in my life.

JDT made no bones about how bad the squad is and bear in mind he had three transfer windows deliberately sabotaged. A bunch of stupid cunts out there kept complaining about him 'moaning' when he was just stating the bare facts.

This new Mon has completely set himself up to fail with this no excuses bollocks and banging on about or squad being good enough. No it fucking isn't.

League two here we come.

My favourite post of the weekend 👏🏻 

• Backroom

He speaks like an automatron programmed by Waggott. After JDT's honesty I can't be bothered with hearing that, so am already skipping all of his interviews and press conferences. 

In terms of the job he's doing, if we don't get at least 4 points from the next two games then we're most likely done for. He says we have a good squad and "no excuses", so let's see. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

That says it all.

The thing is, they could do it against Newcastle, how come they can't perform in the League?

Because it wasn't on tele or something?

27 minutes ago, 47er said:

The thing is, they could do it against Newcastle, how come they can't perform in the League?

Because it wasn't on tele or something?

The. Newcastle game was effectively a “ free hit “ against a team that wanted to play football. Nobody expected us to win. No real pressure, just like West Ham away and Leicester away last season.  Tuesdays game will be the diametrical opposite of that. We have too many ” knife fight “ players going into a “ gun fight “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But when we kept saying JDT had to change the way he was playing and be slightly more direct you were adamant that we should keep playing tippy tappy possession football. You said we didn't have the players to change style and this is how you wanted to watch your team play.

Now you seem to be saying that, with the payers we have, we can only expect a boring style of football. 

The problem is the squad is unbalanced. It's not all shite, but is lacking in certain areas. Looking at the Milwall thread, Im thinking you can't play a midfield two combination from Buckley, Ayari and Moran as we will just be lightweight and get overrun, but unless Tronstad is fit we have no options. A problem entirely of our own creation. 

And up front we either stick with Gallagher and hope he has one of his 1 in 4 'good' performances, or end up switching around and playing an attacking midfielder up there which might have suited JDT at times but doesn't seem to suit Eustace's gameplan.

JDT clearly had stubbornly downed tools and that was creating animosity in the squad. Broughton has recruited poorly and has been part of the January transfer balls-ups. Waggot has been happy to cost cut with glee, and I hardly think he goes into meetings with Pasha and the owners with any determination to affect the outcome. A complete pound-pinching yes man.  Ultimately they all carry some degree of responsibility here, so whilst Ive been disappointed in Eustace I'm not calling him out yet.

Ultimately Venkys oversee the whole shit-show. They put charlatans running the club and their dodgy activity has forced the financial crisis that is now upon us. Their apathy to the club engulfs Ewood.

Back to the manager, Eustace hasn't been great and hasn't had a new manager bounce but I think it would take a pretty good manager to have had a serious impact with this squad. I fear JE is just an average one. I just hope we can have a spell at the end of the season with Hedges, Carter and Tronstadt all fit and available.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2