BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I would be looking at Joe Taylor who is striker on loan at Lincoln from Luton. He scored goals at league 1 level since January and league 2 in the first part of the season. He would probably cost £2m. His finishing reminds me of Jordan Rhodes tbh

On 16/04/2024 at 20:38, J*B said:

Because JRC has played his best football for us as a right back, Buckley has never quite managed to do what he teased he might and Garrett is not good enough. 

for me, I much prefer JRC in centre midfield role and think him and Tronstad are a good partnership in there. 

12 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Liam Millar - 2.5m

would be smart signing and can play either wing. 

7 hours ago, J*B said:

Burrows - likely going up with Peterborough - captain? 

won't Peterborough be in the playoffs? not going up automatic are they? 

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Szmodics does leave, I actually think Markanday will be ahead of Dolan for the central role, with Sigurdsson being first choice.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Szmodics does leave, I actually think Markanday will be ahead of Dolan for the central role, with Sigurdsson being first choice.

Agree with that - and I think Sigurdsson will make a very decent number 10 (certainly better than left winger).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, B16Rover said:

John McAtee or Joe Taylor from Luton

Spotted John Mcatee (older brother of James at Sheff Utd) the other night against Pompey. He'll be 25 in the summer and out on loan in League 1... So Luton can't rate him that highly. Perhaps a loan opportunity or being involved in some deal for Sammie or Dolan. 

He signed for them in 2022. Can't seem to see anything about the length of his contract but some state May this year it ends, guessing they must have an option of another year else they wouldn't have loaned him out. 

Anyone seen more of this lad? Stats look decent but good enough to do it in the champ? 

Edited by Neal

I think it's likely that we could look at players from the Teams that get relegated, provided we aren't one of them of course.

Some decent players are there to be snagged from the likes of Huddersfield, Birmingham, Stoke, QPR and Plymouth.

Edited by TheRevAshton

So assuming the squad is everyone under contract with dolan and gally retained with none of the loans extended. I think the priority would be

A starting centre forward

A starting goalkeeper

A starting winger

A left back to challenge Pickering

Once you've got those then you can look at other areas and moving people out. If you've got a starting striker then you can look to move gally on for example or cash in on dolan. Youd sell whichever keeper you got a bid for. You've also got the potential exit of szmodics which could cause a rethink.

From that your then looking to 

Potentially replace szmodics

A backup striker

Another body in cm

Either a rb or a cb 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Bargain basements/preying on teams below us.  Issue with this goes without saying, buy league one players end up playing league one football.  

Keeper

Can see us making no change here, or changing to pears and a loanee punt.  Buying outright is hard, and I don't think any keeper in this league is that good. Tickle at Wigan or Ripley at Vale (son of a decent footballer I've heard).  

Fullbacks 

Jordi Jones at notts county 

Liam Bennett at Cambridge

Sorenson at Lincoln 

Both offer a bit of variation to what we have on each side 

Centre back 

Santos from Bolton

Out of a deal, can knock on the door.  Otherwise stuck, think the search is for height and strength.

Central midfield 

Is McCann an option from PNE? Chalobah end of his deal at WBA, Sibley the same at Derby although under 23 as mentioned.  Saville at Millwall? Reece cole at Exeter, Baron at Aberdeen, Wiredu at Fleetwood

Wingers 

Demebele from Blackpool, Azeez at reading? 

Strikers

John McAtee or Joe Taylor from Luton

Sam Smith (not that one) or Mark Harris 

It is only a few times , I have seen him but the Rotherham keeper is better than anything we have ...

Granted a relegation keeper is always busy ..

Doesn't appear to make the howlers , ours do ..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

It is only a few times , I have seen him but the Rotherham keeper is better than anything we have ...

I think he'll be in the Championship next year. No idea of what he'll cost (£1million?) or if we'll be interested, but he's a good keeper. 

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

The main concern for him is other clubs popping us.  Id have him here too.  I can see Eustace going for height in the team this year and adding physicality.  At our price bracket you can't get physicality and technique so it's one of the other.  JDT tenure saw us go down technique (Moran etc).  I think Eustace may get one trick pony fast wingers, nasty central players etc.  

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Spotted John Mcatee (older brother of James at Sheff Utd) the other night against Pompey. He'll be 25 in the summer and out on loan in League 1... So Luton can't rate him that highly. Perhaps a loan opportunity or being involved in some deal for Sammie or Dolan. 

He signed for them in 2022. Can't seem to see anything about the length of his contract but some state May this year it ends, guessing they must have an option of another year else they wouldn't have loaned him out. 

Anyone seen more of this lad? Stats look decent but good enough to do it in the champ? 

I raised him as someone in the dack mode.  Goal scoring attacking player but not necessarily phenomenal at anything physically not likely to lead a line.  If we lose gally on 18k or whatever daft wage he is on, a big man knocking down to Dolan and a goal scorer may work 

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

I think it's likely that we could look at players from the Teams that get relegated, provided we aren't one of them of course.

Some decent players are there to be snagged from the likes of Huddersfield, Birmingham, Stoke, QPR and Plymouth.

Of those I think wages wise we are priced out of Stoke players, potentially Blues players too due to their new owners.  Just chucking names into the ether 

Rathborne 

Odoffin

Windass

Rudoni

Helik

Kuroma

Bacuna

Laird

Jordan James

Chair 

Willock

Field

Paal

7 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Of those I think wages wise we are priced out of Stoke players, potentially Blues players too due to their new owners.  Just chucking names into the ether 

Some interesting ones there. As a rule I don't like going for players just relegated and used to losing every week, but that doesn't always work. 

I don't think they'll go down, but there are massive red flags around Chair and especially Willock from QPR. Talentwise they should both be amongst the best players in the league (and might be beyond our reach), but they've looked like they've downed tools for really long spells over the last few years. Risky. 

I'd definitely be interested in James and Bacuna from Big Club. There'll be loads of interest in James though with him being so young. 

Don't think I'd take anyone from Wednesday. Rathbone stands out because of his name and that he always seems to do well against us, but he's older than I thought he was. Wouldn't be against signing him for the right price. 

12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Some interesting ones there. As a rule I don't like going for players just relegated and used to losing every week, but that doesn't always work. 

I don't think they'll go down, but there are massive red flags around Chair and especially Willock from QPR. Talentwise they should both be amongst the best players in the league (and might be beyond our reach), but they've looked like they've downed tools for really long spells over the last few years. Risky. 

I'd definitely be interested in James and Bacuna from Big Club. There'll be loads of interest in James though with him being so young. 

Don't think I'd take anyone from Wednesday. Rathbone stands out because of his name and that he always seems to do well against us, but he's older than I thought he was. Wouldn't be against signing him for the right price. 

Bacuna is pony. Flatters to deceive, looks a worldie when on it but it's few and far between. Sh*te mentality. There's probably a manager that can squeeze the talent out of him somewhere though. 

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Bacuna is pony. Flatters to deceive, looks a worldie when on it but it's few and far between. Sh*te mentality. There's probably a manager that can squeeze the talent out of him somewhere though. 

For some reason I expected him to be a sicknote, but I've looked again and he seems to have played near enough every game. 

I must've seen him on his good days, and his goals probably helps mask some of the weaker aspects to his game. I like how physical he is - it's really stood out comparing him to some of our midfielders when we've played them. 

• Like 2

Hyam is only contracted till 2025 isn't he?

If that is the case then can see him moving on in the summer.

No way are we in contention to sign James,Brum will be looking for good money for him and reportedly they had bids from an Italian team and Palace in January 

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Did Eustace have any control over transfers at Birmingham does anyone know? 

Be interesting to see what players he brought in if he did.

Presumably yes, made some decent signings at the start of this season - had them playing well too.

I've wondered if he'll try to move in for any of them, wouldn't say no to a good few of their players. Possible, if they go down.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

broughton in the telegraph today,giving it the old spiel about the summer transfer window,give credit to the cupid stunt,he talks a good game,if he could do his job as well as he addresses the media he would be half useful,the comments section completely of the scale in the ludicrous stakes,they are obviously telegraph staff members writing uber positive spin about the club,probably on the order of swag/pasha

Although it's good to hear him speak and he should do regularly he goes through the same stuff now. Clearly says all the right things but also absolving himself of everything and putting spin on the funding problems whilst trying to stir pity for the owners over it.

He 'recommends' everything to the board that's his job and their job is to take his advice or not.

So as iv'e pointed out before he is just another hired consultant giving his opinion he isn't really directing anything.

• Like 3

Like the sound of this, on the record:

We have a commitment that we can operate normally in the summer. We have had conversations on what that might look like in terms of shaping the budget and transfer funds.

"My recommendations to the board are that we will have a significant influx of money. It does not all hit in one transaction with Adam Wharton and the David Raya sell-on, but transfers do not go out in one hit either.

"My recommendation is to invest in four areas - transfer fees, wages to be competitive, the Academy and infrastructure and then money put aside for the season in case we need that for whatever reason. Do not spend it all in one hit, you never know how you might go into January.

"The indication is that yes, we will have money to spend”.

But then the politician comes out with the qualifying statement…

“But I have been on record before and said last summer we had clarity on the budget and that had to change for reasons out of our hands.”

• Like 1

You can't blame Broughton for the last bit Matty. The bloke probably knows that at any point the rug can be pulled. He's at risk of sounding stupid...twice

He has an impossible job to be honest. Since GB has come we have come close to landing two very good signings. For whatever reason they haven't been allowed to be finalised. I know some blame Broughton but I certainly don't. We were never close to signings like Lewis OBrien or McGuire before him. Perhaps that is because nobody was trying that hard. Yet now they have a person who seems to be actually trying to 'push the boat out' we are seeing incompetence that is suspicious at best

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead

My prediction (and I’d love to be wrong, of course)- we’ll sell Szmodics and won’t buy anyone anywhere near the same quality, or enough in the areas that we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

My prediction (and I’d love to be wrong, of course)- we’ll sell Szmodics and won’t buy anyone anywhere near the same quality, or enough in the areas that we need.

celtic interested in sammie,better off up there than playing for bloody luton,where he`ll most likely end up back in the championship,bang on with his replacement,either be a loan or a bargain basement purchase from god knows where