BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need goals from around the rest of the team as Big Sam mentioned in his chat with Sammi. How many did the back 4/5 get ? The centre midfield players ? Any at all ?

We need our bloody CF to be a goal threat, along with the two wingers / wide players. 

CBs chipping in with set piece goals would be a nice cherry on top, but we're currently missing the whole cake.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is Nixon on the Venkys payroll? He's always quick to jump to their defence.

He just hates Rovers and loves reporting on things that annoy us. Very strange man.

• Like 9

Unless someone bids money for Hyam, when his stock is low, so unlikely, can we really afford to let him go.

I am not his biggest fan but he is one of only 2 senior centre backs that we have fit, so we need reinforcements there anyway. I don't think we can afford to just "offload" him if it is even possible,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We need our bloody CF to be a goal threat, along with the two wingers / wide players. 

CBs chipping in with set piece goals would be a nice cherry on top, but we're currently missing the whole cake.

Helik from Hudds would be decent 

• Like 4

Broughton set to leave then, I had high hopes for him and he did manage to stop the rot of allowing our best players to leave on frees. However his record of signings speaks for itself, not good enough. Seems we did better on that front before he arrived. The BBC gives him credit for sigining Szmodics but that is dubious.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Helik from Hudds would be decent 

good no nonsence centre back,definately be good for us,think he`ll have a few clubs after him and we`de have to be quick to get him,the word quick is`nt used widely in rovers circles so no doubt he`ll end up at one of our divisional rivals

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

good no nonsence centre back,definately be good for us,think he`ll have a few clubs after him and we`de have to be quick to get him,the word quick is`nt used widely in rovers circles so no doubt he`ll end up at one of our divisional rivals

For me our £/position/ability is a bit all over the place.  We've fluked Szmodics much like we have Armstrong etc al.  Currently Gallagher if he is on the 15-18k per week people say is just not justifying it and for what he brings is a dime a dozen for a better rate.  Ive said before id rather we sling him for Draper from Lincoln who's much younger and can do a similar role.  We then need to spend some money adding goals across the board.  Our wingers and defenders need to contribute more because otherwise, no one is scoring 20 next year and we really are up the creek.  I can see Sigurdson getting 10 or 15 but that leaves us 20 adrift and that's for a league position of 19.  Helik if he can get 7 again, Koroma got about that this year and adds a bit of pace, Demebele from blackpool and suddenly weve a bit of pace and a threat at set pieces.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sverrehh said:

I think Sigurdsson has 10-15 goals in him with a proper pre-season. Shocking stats on Gallagher.

Siggy is to weak and chicken to get into the thick of things and score many goals.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Al said:

Siggy is to weak and chicken to get into the thick of things and score many goals.

Correct.

A big part of Sammies success is his workrate and attitude, that isn't coming from Siggy he's a luxury player who will struggle under Eustace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Correct.

A big part of Sammies success is his workrate and attitude, that isn't coming from Siggy he's a luxury player who will struggle under Eustace.

Let's rely on Gallagher impeccable finishing when Szmodics leave then, after all he has great workrate?

Slightly joking aside, Siggy has the technique and he did recently admit the season has been tough, injury ridden, and a learning curve, despite a good start. If he gets a pre-season he can only improve on last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sverrehh said:

He did manage 7 goals and 4 assists this season. A season he started and ended injured. He arrived in june last year and got injured shortly after, missing out on preseason. His movement inside the box and his ability to finish is second only to Szmodics.

I remember Gamst Pedersen arriving at the club, struggling at first until he put on a few kilos of muscles and toughed up.

Siggy has to follow suit and add some physicality to his game and get up to speed. He is clearly one of the most talented in the squad.

Just need to get him fit with a good pre season and figure out which position he's going to be most effective in!! 

1 hour ago, sverrehh said:

Let's rely on Gallagher impeccable finishing when Szmodics leave then, after all he has great workrate?

Slightly joking aside, Siggy has the technique and he did recently admit the season has been tough, injury ridden, and a learning curve, despite a good start. If he gets a pre-season he can only improve on last season.

I don't think it's his actual work rate that was the issue! Its more that he just couldn't get fit enough for long enough to be able to work as hard as Some of the others. 

As well as him having to keep filling in in different forward  positions in different formations in a struggling team! 

Sigurdsson had a good six weeks or so between injuries. Other than that was just as useless as the rest of the forwards, obviously excluding szmodics. We look to have sorted the defensive side out but need players to put the ball in the net to turn those draws into wins. I don't mind playing boring football under Eustace as long as we get results. 

Please no thumbs down, BUT:

Would anyone take George Hirst back? I doubt Ipswich see him as PL quality and would probably be available on loan in the summer or later on in January. We're not exactly shopping from the top shelf at this point, so just a thought.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

He just hates Rovers and loves reporting on things that annoy us. Very strange man.

He genuinely turned on us after he got called out multiple times on here. Also the fact nobody bought any handbags from his daughters business, 100% true story and I'm surely not the only one on here who remembers it.   

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Would anyone take George Hirst back? I doubt Ipswich see him as PL quality and would probably be available on loan in the summer or later on in January. We're not exactly shopping from the top shelf at this point, so just a thought.

He wasn't physically ready when he was first with us - had some raw attributes, but just wasn't ready.

However, he looks to have bulked up a bit and has scored a few goals for Ipswich this season.

I mean, he'd score more than Gally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

He wasn't physically ready when he was first with us - had some raw attributes, but just wasn't ready.

However, he looks to have bulked up a bit and has scored a few goals for Ipswich this season.

Another low bar.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Andy said:

He'd probably play better in a JE setup, as opposed to JDT's as well, tbh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torgeir said:

He's already seen what a fucking joke this club is. Not a chance in hell he's coming back here.

4 hours ago, Andy said:

I'm absolutely dog shit and I probably have more of a striker instinct than Gallagher.

He's not as bad as a lot of people make him out to be but he's not got the instinct to b a number 9. He's never where he should be.

If he was more of a bully and actually used his massive stature then he'd actually be alright but he's just not enough of a nasty bastard.

• Like 5