BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why is it pathetic and small minded?

The lad has been at Rovers since he was 12 years old and is looking forward to seeing old friends on his return (his words), yet he demanded the clause in his contract that allowed him to be sold for well under his market value.

Why would I cheer him? He's shafted the club that I support. He couldn't wait to leave. 

He demanded, or his agent?

1 minute ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If it wasn't for a very soft red card decision, Rovers would have took the 3pts. What have referees got against Blackburn Rovers, they always seem to side with the visitors. One good thing Sam Szchmodics on target again. I can't believe Tyrys Dolan was on the bench, he's one of our best players this season.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are - Plymouth should have scored at least 3/4 in that first half.
We sat deep and were wide open.

A proper team today would have been out of sight by HT.

The only surprise is that we managed to not concede more than one goal, though you do have to say Leo had a decent game.

But then, the manager publicly stated that a point would have been a good result before the game (at home to Plymouth...), so at least we lived up to his expectations.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Because it was never a red card in a month of Sundays.

What's the normal colour card for the last man bringing a player through on goal down? 

Not suggesting he should be boo'd but was just odd 

• Like 2

Been feeling like a 1 man outcast for all my McFadzean slander this past month... "thumbs down" everytime i comment what is blatantly obvious. The guy is not up to this league.

Finally i come back today to see my "McFadzean is actually shit" club is getting quite popular. Hopefully that's him done as a lumbering plodder in this ineffective back 5.

He has been nothing but a liability since day 1 - he has! The POTM was a joke, his involvement hasn't worked, and has been more detrimental than helpful. Today was the icing on his woeful cake, and the fact is we actually played better without him/10 men tells you it all. The guy is washed, and between him and Eustless, will be two huge and fundamental causes as why Rovers go down... which they likely do.

25 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Why was McFadz clapped off for a daft red 

This made my blood boil! A relegation 6 pointer and the biggest (and slowest) liability in our team gets a standing ovation from half our fans for literally striking a monumental nail into the relegation coffin.

I wish it was a 9 game suspension.

Eustless out.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Warnock just left/quit/got fired.

Why don't we sack this useless coach and get Warnock in to keep us up for the last couple of months

I still think we're down but at least some of them would get a bollocking.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If it wasn't for a very soft red card decision, Rovers would have took the 3pts. What have referees got against Blackburn Rovers, they always seem to side with the visitors. One good thing Sam Szchmodics on target again. I can't believe Tyrys Dolan was on the bench, he's one of our best players this season.

Tell us you weren't watching without telling us you weren't watching.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lraC said:

He scored PNE so can’t be right 

Still one of the worst players ever to wear the shirt though whatever roversfan 99 might say.

Might have been a few worse, O Mara, Mckinnon, Chris Brown and every striker the Egg has signed  spring to mind, but by god there isn't much in it.

The decision not to cash in on him looks worse by the week. What's up with Leonard? Imo his movement is far better than Gallagher's (not difficult admittedly) and he'd be the better option.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Still one of the worst players ever to wear the shirt though whatever roversfan 99 might say.

Might have been a few worse, O Mara, Mckinnon, Chris Brown and every striker the Egg has signed  spring to mind, but by god there isn't much in it.

The decision not to cash in on him looks worse by the week. What's up with Leonard? Imo his movement is far better than Gallagher's (not difficult admittedly) and he'd be the better option.

Hes scored 49 goals for us so he clearly isnt one of the worst to have e ever played for us. Poor again today but being played out wide again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Been feeling like a 1 man outcast for all my McFadzean slander this past month... "thumbs down" everytime i comment what is blatantly obvious. The guy is not up to this league.

Finally i come back today to see my "McFadzean is actually shit" club is getting quite popular. Hopefully that's him done as a lumbering plodder in this ineffective back 5.

He has been nothing but a liability since day 1 - he has! The POTM was a joke, his involvement hasn't worked, and has been more detrimental than helpful. Today was the icing on his woeful cake, and the fact is we actually played better without him/10 men tells you it all. The guy is washed, and between him and Eustless, will be two huge and fundamental causes as why Rovers go down... which they likely do.

This made my blood boil! A relegation 6 pointer and the biggest (and slowest) liability in our team gets a standing ovation from half our fans for literally striking a monumental nail into the relegation coffin.

I wish it was a 9 game suspension.

Eustless out.

Mcfadzean has been relegated 3 times from the Championship. Shortly to make it 4.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/march/09/red-card-changed-the-game/

We actually predicted that his excuse would be the sending off. He mustn't have been facing the pitch much in the first half as they got in behind us several times. He chose not to change anything at half time so this is entirely on him.

Why even say "no excuses" when every interview is littered with them. Simply because it's an empty 'positive' cliché. 

• Like 5

I genuinely couldn't get past the first sentence of that post-match interview:

'The effort the group put in to limit them to very few chances was amazing'

Does he think that the game was played behind closed doors?
We saw Plymouth have about 17 efforts on goal with our own eyes - and they should have been out of sight by HT.

Baffling.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 5

We should have been beat by 5-6 goals today. Luckily Plymouth couldn’t finish their dinner.

The formation was all wrong as they seemed to have the run of the flanks all game whilst we had 3 centre half’s marking a single striker. The 3 then kept arguing over who was supposed to be marking him and letting him run through.

Total shambles we are going down and deserve it.

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Change of subject…

Somewhere recently, I saw a list of our players out of contract on June 30. 
I know Gally is on the list, Dolan, Fleck, & McFadzean. Anybody else? 

Gallagher and Dolan have year options in their deals. Obviously add all the loans to your list.

Wahlstedt, Sigurdsson, Markanday, Telalovic, Garrett amongst the players contracted into next season...

Woulsnt surprise me to see McFadzean getting a new deal as Eustace seems to think repeatedly having him amongst the back 3 is a great idea and will no doubt continue with it after his suspension.

• Like 1

arbitro tells it well.

First 10 minutes and thought this was going to be a good match for us. Get the goal, lovely short stuff between Ayari (in particular), Sammie, Buckley, Siggy and things look good. Then it goes pear shaped. They get some belief and for the rest of the game dominate, albeit we look dangerous on the break. Adam Forshaw controls the game for them. Nice open game, totally different to Millwall, they came to play. But the space in midfield was frightening. They could drop it in behind our wingbacks, outpace us on the flanks or outpace us in the middle. Frankly, they were pretty poor in front of goal and just as well, could have had a hatful. On one occasion, their lad (Mumba?) was clean through and had a horrible touch which just gave it back to Leo. Rovers tight at the back? No chance. Time and time again our back three were so stretched (not to mention a horrible out of line) that a simple ball over the top to a runner had them in. And yet Siggy misses a sitter to make it 2-0.

Second half and not much changes until McFadz pointlessly get himself (rightly) sent off. Why do it? Let him go. You’ve got a good chance that a 1 on 1 will go in our favour. And if not, the score goes to 1-1 and you’ve still got 11 men on the pitch to try and make a difference. Down to 10 and you end up firefighting.

Ayari was good throughout the game but couldn’t get in to it enough. Nobody else on the pitch makes the glorious early pass to Sammie for the goal. Sammie lovely, one touch onto his right and curler round their player into the corner. Looked knackered at the end, poor lad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Jesus! Reading through these comments does make me think that you really do get the club that you deserve sometimes

Eustace has come in at another dreadful period on and off the pitch and has been playing games back to back literally from day one without so much as an international break to spend a little extra time coaching and getting to know the players one to one. 

I’ve seen a lot of what you’ve posted recently and you’re either a good WUM or a dingle. You’re no supporter of this club, if you are, you’re aiding our downfall. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1