BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He didn't look that good against Ipswich.

Every now and again, like today, he looks like a really useful player that warrants some of the hype he gets (Luton interested in him etc). 

He won MOTM on here so plenty must have disagreed with you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Season tickets are counted as part of the gate. 

Aware of that, but you’re talking anywhere between 11k and 15k people staying away, based on the visuals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I imagine it was because he was on a hattrick and Eustace bottled taking him off. 

After CB, #10 is our strongest position - we have about 5 players lined up to play there, but Szmodics is never subbed off. 

Szmodics likely only has 6 more games as a Rover.

Might as well enjoy him whilst he's here.

• Like 2

very pleased I bought the game on Rovers tv. £10 well spend. 

excellent Rovers performance. Delighted for the Players, Eustace and the staff aswell as the fans. Well done to every fan who went today. Pleased we won today

Scored 5 excellent goals and Szmodics took both his goals very well. Hedges and Dolan both took their goals clinical. Szmodics should have got his third goal but scuffed it and Moran slotted home. 

We defended as a team and Hyam was back to his best. Chrisene coming on and he shown his quality both defensively and attacking. 

Having JRC in this team makes such a difference to us, with him and Tronstad as partnership suits each other.  

5 points clear now and with a better goal difference than Huddersfield. 

My man of the match is Dolan but players like Hyam, JRC, Szmodics, Hedges and Brittain very close also

John Eustace's Blue and White Army 🔵

Rovers till I die!!! 🔵

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Dolans best game in a rovers shirt in a long time. 
Tronstad on a free is surely the bargain of the decade? Moran & Markanday with a nice cameo.

I see the Nobbers haven’t helped us out…Again - But 5 points clear with a healthier GD is nice.

Still loads to do but really happy for Eustace! 

A very good player Tronstad, think he would stand out even more in a better team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No idea where some of you are getting we are safe from, I still think we need to beat Wednesday and at least one other 

Yeah, I think we need to beat Sheff Weds and nick two points from the upcoming three. We could be safe by 3pm on 21st April.

• Like 1

No idea where some of you are getting we are safe from, I still think we need to beat Wednesday and at least one other 

Definitely not safe and I'd say we need to beat Sheff Wed along the way.

• Like 2

If we draw with Sheff Weds, they will need to get 7 points from 4 games to catch us.

I think 4 points probably does it, 5 to be safe.

• Like 1

Massively unexpected but that was superb, they were playing with such confidence you wouldn't believe we're struggling at the foot of the table. Sunderland were absolutely dreadful mind, if any of of relegation rivals have them to play I'm pretty sure they'll beat them too! Just had a gander and only Millwall have them, and sheff weds last game but I imagine they'll be down by then.

Dolan has impressed in his last 2 games, long may that continue.

I can't see us getting much from the next 3 games, which makes the 3 points even more crucial today. Still lots of work to do.

I enjoyed that!! To a man we were excellent.

Hyam with a really dominant display, which has been lacking far too often recently. I thought Chrisene was very good too. JRC makes such a positive difference, and if he didn’t have his fitness issues, and was a bit quicker he’d be playing in the Prem. Szmodics doing what he does, what a finisher. Hedges was great and Dolan absolutely unplayable - deserved his goal and MOTM on the day.

The Boro, Ipswich and Sunderland performances have been a lot more coherent and we’ve deserved more than the 4 points out of those 3 games. Massive win that, and I’ll sleep a lot easier tonight!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

who say we are safe but we are 5 points clear and with a better goal difference than Huddersfield

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah agreed but after 2 years at the club under two different managers he has never been subbed to save his legs / protect him. Even when looks absolutely shattered, carrying a knock etc.

There must be something where he has made it clear he wants to always be on. Fair play as well as he never stops running. Got to respect that attitude.

Sadly he does - I've lost count of the number of games where he's clearly out on his feet, but they don't take him off. 

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I agree, we're not safe but things are looking a lot better than they did before todays games. 4 points will be enough to keep us up and if we keep those front 4 fit and JRC then we have a good chance. 

Plymouth lost a very winnable home game today and time is running out for them. They lack the experience and nous at this level - they do have Rotherham next though and will surely change their manager.

I think Millwall losing today and Stoke drawing were also very significant results. I don't think either will go down but we do need them to stay in the mix so that they are fully up for the games they have against Plymouth and Hudds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I enjoyed that!! To a man we were excellent.

Hyam with a really dominant display, which has been lacking far too often recently. I thought Chrisene was very good too. JRC makes such a positive difference, and if he didn’t have his fitness issues, and was a bit quicker he’d be playing in the Prem. Szmodics doing what he does, what a finisher. Hedges was great and Dolan absolutely unplayable - deserved his goal and MOTM on the day.

The Boro, Ipswich and Sunderland performances have been a lot more coherent and we’ve deserved more than the 4 points out of those 3 games. Massive win that, and I’ll sleep a lot easier tonight!

I think if JRC was just less injury prone he'd be playing in the PL. 

Chrisene made a massive difference at LB - Pickering's lack of pace was killing us. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yeah I agree with that. I feared the worst after back to back home draws and shocking displays against Millwall and Plymouth.

But we’ve much improved since then - personally I think it’s because we ditched the useless 5 at the back, but also maybe because we got Tronstad back, and then Hedges and JRC too

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3