BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

Despite two goals that was an awful half of football. Both teams should be ashamed people are paying good money to watch this dross. Don’t feel like it’s an important game for neither sides. Let’s hope Rovers improve somewhat in the 2nd half and get this season done with.

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Different era, different team , not really comparable with todays mob.

ps we might be on level terms but it’s still a poor half of football from us, which you can usually tell from the first 5 minutes what mood we are in. Can’t say it’s not a valid point 

But still football. 

Not necessarily aimed at you because you are normally an excellent poster but folk should probably refrain from hyperbolic posts during games. One poster was absolutely berating Rovers after 20 mins at Sunderland recently and within 5 minutes we were 2-0 up. 

This second half will be interesting with both teams shooting towards their own fans

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

We are so poor.

A one man team.

God help us next season when SS has gone and the sales proceeds snaffled by our owners.

Have to agree, for me there's a lot of players out there stealing a living whilst the magnificent SS keeps us afloat.

We'd be on about 20 points without him.

At a normal Club a huge clear out would be required in summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed, I actually thought it was him that gave the ball away for their goal.

I'm still struggling to see what everyone sees in him.

He has been poor today, but he’s been very good for the majority of the season.

Does the simple tasks but does them well.

He’ll be 2nd in the POTS awards and rightly so.

• Like 3

Just now, moerpho said:

Despite two goals that was an awful half of football. Both teams should be ashamed people are paying good money to watch this dross. Don’t feel like it’s an important game for neither sides. Let’s hope Rovers improve somewhat in the 2nd half and get this season done with.

Its like local league, the ball's in the air most of the time. Our defending is terrible, feel another blunder is just round the corner, thank God we haven't been under much pressure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Shudder.

Why?

Two very poor teams but Wednesday are utter dross.

Lumped on Rovers at 8/5 and also stuck £20 on 3-1 to Rovers at 10/1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moerpho said:

I'm never usually remotely happy with a point at home but in the context of the relegation scrap a draw wouldn't be the end of the world today. 

I hope we win but I'd take a point now.

Looked at the goal properly and to be honest, it's a clanger from Pears as well as Hyam there. Pears' "clearance" leaves Hyam with a player either side of him - he should have booted it into the stands but didn't and then Pears is way too slow back to his line. 

Neither of them should be starting next season. 

• Like 3

Just now, RTM08 said:

Looked at the goal properly and to be honest, it's a clanger from Pears as well as Hyam there. Pears' "clearance" leaves Hyam with a player either side of him - he should have booted it into the stands but didn't and then Pears is way too slow back to his line. 

Not the first time he has done this weak clearance to one of their players , just get it away man 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Spot on.

Wahlstedt does that and people go into meltdown.

Pears needs replacing next season or we’ll keep seeing the same errors.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Agreed. Unfortunately they probably will. Hyam is our captain too 

Shocking 

IMO, Pears will cost us at least 10 goals a season and countless points.

Sadly, the shambolics of Leo make Pears look good in the eyes of the naive and gullible.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to agree, for me there's a lot of players out there stealing a living whilst the magnificent SS keeps us afloat.

We'd be on about 20 points without him.

At a normal Club a huge clear out would be required in summer.

I worked this out yesterday and removing his goals put us on (I think) 35 points.

Of course this doesn’t take into account the influence of the rest of his game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Don't see how anyone can place any blame whatsoever on Pears for that. He makes a perfectly acceptable headed pass to Hyam who loses it.

The latter seems to be on a one man mission to send us down.

• Downvote 1