BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

When do you ever get an "official" statement on money or transfer arrangements?

It would be crazy for any club to do that, as they would get ripped off or open to criticism from their fans.

True - however, our "problems" were highlighted by the press - in return we hear "constructive dialogue" is taking place between the club and the bank, surely we need a bit more detail than that, especially as money is owed by the end of this month.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be crazy for any club to do that, as they would get ripped off or open to criticism from their fans.

No that's very true, didn't expect anyone to say there has been an official statement either tbh.

Why the panic round here then?

(appreciate venkys track record isn't to good mind).

If the rumours about the venky's not investing are true then surely Steve "sympathy" Kean should be in his presser tomorrow saying there's no cash available i'm just going to have to try do my best. He will either get more sympathy and switches the rovers fans attentions a bit more to the wanky's or get sacked (better than being sacked for being a clueless tit) gets his big fat payout, will spout about no investment and rubbish fans as reasons for his abysmal record. Seems like a good get out to me...

Article earlier in the year, sums it all up

Mrs Desai said she remained impressed by the job that Kean is doing for Rovers and she played down the future role at the club of Mr Anderson, whose SEM/Kentaro group brokered the takeover deal.

On Steve Kean, she said: "The manager is very good. When my brothers first met him they realised that the more you spend time with him the more impressive he becomes.

"He is a thinking manager and we are very impressed with him and we are confident going forward."

Absolutely John.

The Raos are the rich, vain, stupid fall guys.

Kean is the puppet (albeit a willing one).

All attention must go now on the puppeteer.

The puppeteer is laughing all the way to the bank. Even his ridiculous Sunday league footballing son is taking our famous Blackburn Rovers Football Club for a ride.

I know that there are several journalists who follow this forum.

Here's a tip.

Have some cojones and investigate.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Quite right Modes! Another thing we fans have to prove! When do we ever get a plain,honest answer from the owners? Obvious anyway that Kean is looking for new players in Poundland.

If only Santa could take back all my presents and give me something I'd cherish - a big fat Pinocchio nose forever stuck to SK's hooter, so that all unsuspecting non-Rovers fans would be instantly alerted to Steve Kean's version of reality, versus the truth.

The Mirror

David Anderson has had enough of the bull as well.

As far as Rovers-related articles go, thats a pretty accurate, honest summary of a terrible and embarrassing year following Rovers. Shame the more Kean-esque (ie totally deluded) pundits like Shearer keep coming out with nonsense about Kean doing a good job and not deserving any flak. Talking to friends and family who follow football I'm amazed at how many of them have the impression, based on TV and newspaper reports, that things aren't too bad at Rovers, have been blown out of proportion by a 'section' of fans, etc.

Clearly January with Venkys and Kean is only going to get worse... Happy New Year.

Can't disagree with Ferguson, but I believe we would end up where we are now regardless - just a bit later down the line. Big Sam would never accept being turned into a clown by the Venky's Circus.

We'll get a beating tomorrow, but all anyone seem to care about is the unfair treatment Kean is receiving from the fans. It all stems from the ignorance from the 'owners'. I don't fear relegation in itself, we've experienced it and overcome it before, but these muppets are threatening the very existence of Blackburn Rovers Football Club - and Steve Kean is along for the ride as it is money in his pocket.

Modern football. :angry:

What a situation.

If Kean had anything about him he would walk away. Unfortunately he's still here and the people who could sort out this mess have walked away instead.

Keans about to make himself richer than he could ever of imagined before he joined Blackburn Rovers football club and no one can do anything about it.

No wonder hes constantly smiling to himself.

I'll second guess that they already know what their exit strategy is from Ewood Park so calculating they seem to have been.

What a situation.

If Kean had anything about him he would walk away. Unfortunately he's still here and the people who could sort out this mess have walked away instead.

This is why Kean deserves stick - even if he isn't the root cause. He's made excuse after excuse and tried to become some kind of motivational self-help guru, with all his positive mumbo-jumbo.

I'm so angry with Kean and Venkys. Neither are suffering. With the media protecting his reputation he's probably not even finished in football like he deserves to be.

I trust Venkys believe in karma by the way. I'm not a hateful person and never before have I hated anyone I haven't even met but I hate these people with a vengeance.

Keans about to make himself richer than he could ever of imagined before he joined Blackburn Rovers football club and no one can do anything about it.

No wonder hes constantly smiling to himself.

Sorry to pick on you JAL but it's HAVE not OF. It's a small thing but people are starting to use this as the norm and it's driving me insane!!

If you think that's bad Jisty I suggest you never read any of Glen's posts, you'll be screaming its 'were' not 'was' at your computer repeatedly. Or is that just me?

No, you're absolutely right. If anything it's worse in Glen's case as he's a blogger,and it can ruin otherwise very professional looking statements, but I was trying to be more general.

The number of times I've nearly PM'd Glen with "were, not was". Maybe I should have.

(With apologies to Glen).

Talking to friends and family who follow football I'm amazed at how many of them have the impression, based on TV and newspaper reports, that things aren't too bad at Rovers, have been blown out of proportion by a 'section' of fans, etc.

I am absolutely furious with all those managers and pundits that made us out to be terrible supporters last week. Quite a few people I know were pretty sympathetic and understanding, totally understood why I donned yellow and black and had been driven to singing 'Kean out' and attending protests.

All of a sudden, Fergie et al spoke. I'm apparently not a very good Rovers supporter anymore. Poor Kean, he's a big victim.

Talking to friends and family who follow football I'm amazed at how many of them have the impression, based on TV and newspaper reports, that things aren't too bad at Rovers, have been blown out of proportion by a 'section' of fans, etc.

This is so true, my brother in law (originally from Blackburn) lives and works in Liverpool and when he was over at Xmas he was saying how all his colleagues and friends over there keep commenting how "disgusting rovers fans are" for the way we are treating S***e K**n. Needless to say I put the situation right, ranted for literally 30 minutes til I was blue on the face. I told him to spread the word but don't think it will do any good, the average person is too ignorant to care about what Is going on here.

Archived