BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LT could have added "no one from the Club was available to comment".

The LT probably haven't asked for a comment.

They are doing ok at commentating on the the fan uprising but only printing copies of statements and letters readily available on the www.

But they seem to be doing @#/? all actual journalism of their own.

Lazy useless @#/?.

Isn't journalism asking the questions? Banging on the doors...getting a plane to Pune...whatever it takes. LT exclusive which isn't just cut and paste journalism.

They are doing ok at commentating on the the fan uprising but only printing copies of statements and letters readily available on the www.

Lazy useless @#/?.

Isn't journalism asking the questions? Banging on the doors...getting a plane to Pune...whatever it takes. LT exclusive which isn't just cut and paste journalism.

That's journalism, all right..but .this is The Lancashire Telegraph...

Just imagine what the Manchester Evening News or Liverpool Echo would have written about such a situation with one of their clubs!

Lazy useless @#/?.

You are exactly right but we have to work with what we've got. The LT has reporters not journalists so it's about giving them something to report.

You are exactly right but we have to work with what we've got. The LT has reporters not journalists so it's about giving them something to report.

And Wheelock's tone on both radio and social media is generally far more critical of Venkys than Cryer was

Despite what some say on here that Andy Cryer was an ok journalist, in my opinion he was very poor.

He must have been aware of the "time line" or dossier about Venkys and or agents but he just ignored it. He could have made his name as a decent investigative journalist but he failed. He had all the contacts within the club. Why did he not bother, maybe because he was threatened and lost his bottle? Or, was he just lazy, looking for a gig with the BBC?

Is anyone on here au fait with corporate tax laws and the term 'switching'? I have been doing a lot of digging on the subject at hand over the past few days and a few common themes are emerging. Equally they may mean nothing so there is absolutely nothing to get excited about but would like to pick the brains of an expert if there is one on here.

I have seen a lot of chat over the last few days about a boycott having an effect on venky's. It won't. As I have said previously the ONLY way to have any effect on Venky's is to create negative PR for them in India.

What a boycott is good for is to create media awareness in the UK that is also needed but we need to somehow get Indian media interested which is proving extremely difficult.

The financial side of a boycott will have little impact as well, it seems clear to me that Vemky's have made a decision to stop putting any further money into the club (hopefully this suggests they are preparing to exit). They have raised well over £30 million over the last 12 months or so from sales and that figure could rise to above £40 million if Duffy and Marshall are sold and if we receive the 15% sell on for Judge (who looks to be be heading to Newcastle). The vast majority of that has been taken out of the club and I guess used to pay back some of the bank of India debt which is secured against Venky's India assets. Up until now everyone who has come in has either been a freebie or a loan.

The hope is that once the window closes and they have sold all of the players that can generate a proper fee that they will then start the process of selling the club, if that does happen I very much doubt that they will sell to anyone local. They are paranoid so my guess would be that if they sell it will be to someone they know in India or to one of their middle east contacts.

In the meantime go ahead with boycotts as it will generate UK media interest but the primary focus needs to be on somehow trying to generate bad PR for them in India doing that could be a game changer so to speak as they will then know that we can now get to them in India.

I have seen a lot of chat over the last few days about a boycott having an effect on venky's. It won't. As I have said previously the ONLY way to have any effect on Venky's is to create negative PR for them in India.

What a boycott is good for is to create media awareness in the UK that is also needed but we need to somehow get Indian media interested which is proving extremely difficult.

The financial side of a boycott will have little impact as well, it seems clear to me that Vemky's have made a decision to stop putting any further money into the club (hopefully this suggests they are preparing to exit). They have raised well over £30 million over the last 12 months or so from sales and that figure could rise to above £40 million if Duffy and Marshall are sold and if we receive the 15% sell on for Judge (who looks to be be heading to Newcastle). The vast majority of that has been taken out of the club and I guess used to pay back some of the bank of India debt which is secured against Venky's India assets. Up until now everyone who has come in has either been a freebie or a loan.

The hope is that once the window closes and they have sold all of the players that can generate a proper fee that they will then start the process of selling the club, if that does happen I very much doubt that they will sell to anyone local. They are paranoid so my guess would be that if they sell it will be to someone they know in India or to one of their middle east contacts.

In the meantime go ahead with boycotts as it will generate UK media interest but the primary focus needs to be on somehow trying to generate bad PR for them in India doing that could be a game changer so to speak as they will then know that we can now get to them in India.

I think it's important to remember that boycotting for many is a matter of principle, not just a form of protest.

One the statement issued by the trust

Last night a Blackburn Rovers spokesman said: “This statement is directed towards the owners so the club will not be commenting on such matters at this time.”

No-one from Venky’s was available for comment.

One the statement issued by the trust

Aren't they intrinsically one and the same thing? Reading between the lines, I think think it basically means we can't comment because we can't get one out of the "owners".

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14702696._The_club_has_become_a_toxic_brand_for_Venky___s____fed_up_fans_urge_owners_to_sell_Blackburn_Rovers/

I read the LT comments and it reminds of the one BIG reason I don't go to Ewood at this time. Some of these 'fans' are just bloody moronic, I can't stand shoulder to shoulder with them. Look at the state of some of those comments below... When will they get the bloody picture?

"they are not bad people"

"the Twitter campaign should be changed from #VenkysOut to #VenkysSortItOut."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14702696._The_club_has_become_a_toxic_brand_for_Venky___s____fed_up_fans_urge_owners_to_sell_Blackburn_Rovers/

I read the LT comments and it reminds of the one BIG reason I don't go to Ewood at this time. Some of these 'fans' are just bloody moronic, I can't stand shoulder to shoulder with them. Look at the state of some of those comments below... When will they get the bloody picture?

"they are not bad people"

"the Twitter campaign should be changed from #VenkysOut to #VenkysSortItOut."

That made me laugh. They will realise a problem when they are sat there all on their own and we are in the Pritt Stick League.

I've been back and forth with him for the last hour. He's got a bit of front but to be honest he was a good reporter. Given the flurry of injunctions flying around it would not surprise me if the LT couldn't publish what they wanted to on the Brunei one.

There is much much more than Brunei that was unpublishable by the LT or anyone else for that matter.

Relegation is probably the only catalyst that will make them sell.

The difference between Championship TV money and Div 1 money is £5M. Venky's can't fund the extra shortfall relegation would bring.

If you read the Kean contract, you could be forgiven for thinking relegation is the plan and objective is to go down to League 1. The football authorities will probably also be ecstatically relieved when it happens.

Yes we are starved of Championship level players but I have just watched a compendium of goals we have conceded so far this season and the defensive "organisation" is non-existant to criminally bad.

That is either rank incompetent management (I could set up a defence better than Owen Coyle as could any other poster on this message board) or something deeply smelly and dark.

Archived