BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Away

Personally, couldn't see much wrong with the interview. It was the sort of response I would expect from any manager. The problem isn't in the dugout. That's merely a sideshow. No manager is going to be successful having to replace good players with free transfers and inexperienced loans. We know that and the players know that and hence you get performances like last night.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, couldn't see much wrong with the interview. It was the sort of response I would expect from any manager. The problem isn't in the dugout. That's merely a sideshow. No manager is going to be successful having to replace good players with free transfers and inexperienced loans. We know that and the players know that and hence you get performances like last night.

I wasn't there but Ian Dowie was doing the live feed and said that Cardiff were playing a system that Rovers couldn't cope with and that a tactical change was needed to cope with this. By and large you are right but tactically Coyle must be one of the worst managers I have ever seen. If a team is set up right it can make a big difference and results can be obtained despite having inferior players. Also a good manager can galvanise lesser players as we have seen in the past but this bloke seems to have 'lost' the players already.

Breaking News.

Burton Albion appeal Shane Duffy's red card from last night.

"In the interests of maintaining the game as fair and transparent we feel it is only right that Shane Duffy plays against us on Saturday. We feel it would be a gross injustice if Blackburn fielded a strong side when other clubs have benefitted from the performance of Shane Duffy."

It's all the same drivel, Parson and it will be the same in March when we slide out of the league! I know Coyle can't be held accountable for our demise but I won't forget that he sat there in his first interview as Rovers manager, and in between the 'prestigious shirt' and 'fans to be proud of' waffle he openly said that he had never heard of SEM/Kentaro. He showed blatant disregard for the fans and complete ignorance of any understanding of the disgusting situation at this club right at that moment.

Didn't we hear that Cheston had picked his man before he went off on his holidays.... and it wasn't Coyle... Leads me to wonder just who exactly do we think advised the Rao's to appoint someone that, in all likelihood they will never have heard of, and who was at the time just packing his bags in bloody Texas.

But that doesn't apply to Shane Duffy who single handed threw that game for us last night not any inexperienced player or free transfer.

Another midweek away game, another soul destroying performance, another defeat, another embarrassing capitulation, another team that couldn't buy a win or even a goal, there for the taking, who we roll over to and gift them an easy victory.

Its times like this that I question my own sanity. To take half a day off work yesterday, spending more than 8 hours on the motorways, spending my income to go and watch that garbage, before arriving home at 2:30am and having to be in work for 8am. I must need my head looking at.

I have never seen one player cause so much self destruction to a team in one game. I've known for a long time that Duffy is a loose cannon and hardly the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, and he always appears to be on the brink of a stupid decision, but to watch that last night took it to a whole new level. The very least I expect is a thorough and wholehearted apology from him on the club website before the Burton game.

Was it deliberate? I'd like to think not, although its only natural to suspect it was after such a collection of events in one game. The problem is I don't think Duffy has the brains to do something like that deliberately and even if he did it won't have got other clubs queuing up for his services.

I knew we would struggle this season, and I predicted relegation many weeks ago (as soon as Coyle got the job). But even I am surprised at the level of ineptitude that we've seen so far. This team looks utterly bereft of any aspect of a decent team. No organisation, no confidence, no quality, no cohesion, no motivation, no leadership. Slow, lethargic, predictable. There literally is nothing I have seen from the first three games that suggests we can even compete in this division, let alone survive.

Cardiff are not a good side. I'd bet a lot of money that they will end up in the bottom half of the league this season and will be towards the bottom of the goalscoring charts. Yet barring a short spell around the time we pulled a goal back they were comfortable throughout. Had they had a finisher in their side they would have been out of sight by half time.

Last season our only strength was our defence, which was among the strongest in this division. Lambert and Bowyer both managed to maintain a tight and organised defence that would rarely concede more than one goal. Going into this season we should have built on that strength and used it to our advantage, instead we've appointed a manager who has a track record of showing he can't organise a defence to save his life.

I wasn't there but Ian Dowie was doing the live feed and said that Cardiff were playing a system that Rovers couldn't cope with and that a tactical change was needed to cope with this. By and large you are right but tactically Coyle must be one of the worst managers I have ever seen. If a team is set up right it can make a big difference and results can be obtained despite having inferior players. Also a good manager can galvanise lesser players as we have seen in the past but this bloke seems to have 'lost' the players already.

Which is what Holloway commented on on Saturday before he tried to deflect blame onto fans with his little hint. Also basically what Kevin Gallacher has said about every game so far.

This is down to Coyle and it's largely the same players that have managed to be at least average most of the time under Lambert. I know this situation isn't of his making at all but Coyle is making things worse just by his sheer cluelessness of how to set up a team. On the 'lost' the players I don't think he's ever had them, not for a second.

Then again is he really that clueless or a bit crafty ???????

No manager could be more spectacularly inept over his first 3 games than Coyle has proved to be though. As forecast.

In addition to his tactical disability or perhaps because of it,he has lost the dressing room in no time at all.

Cannot remember anything as shameful in over 60 years as a fan. Batty/Le Saux scrap in European Cup the nearest off-hand.

To me last night bore the hallmarks of a player who went on strike after he bundled the ball which was easy to clear over the line into his own net on Saturday. Duffy was pictured on Sunday evening at a music festival in Ireland obviously enjoying himself amidst plenty rumour he'd agreed a deal with Celtic.

An Irish non Rovers supporter tweeted next time you see him he'll be wearing the hoops, tweet then disappeared. Also factor in rants from Duffys family on twitter and him deleting his account.

Sounds to be like he's been told he has too play last night of face discipline and that was his way of registering his two fingered salute at ALL things Rovers.

Be nice for them if his classless family had a few quid on certain bets as well eh !

Quote froM Cardiff blogger on Duffy's headed own goal. I thought the first looked just as bad personally.

'I’ve watched a couple of replays of the incident now and it must be said that Duffy looks like a striker timing his run and leap to perfection to guide in a header from a quality dead ball delivery – maybe the club will provide pictures on their website which show that the ball came off the side of Duffy’s head rather than his forehead, but, for now at least, it looks like a very strange own goal for me.'

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/duffy-puts-in-early-bid-for-cardiff-city-player-of-the-season-award/

• Backroom

I said the same last night, a defender wouldn't ever head it like that, it didn't skim off his head it went back the way it came from and into the ground

I would agree with you, up until the last bit of the interview, where he takes a pop at the fans. The rest of it was the usual bla bla, but he squeezes an unnecessary dig in there.

As for the goals. Both look deliberate to me. Second one in particular. First one he doesn't open his body up or go to hook the ball away and seems to let the ball hit his foot. Second one, as a defender, you would NEVER direct a header in that manner. As you rise you would seek to flick the ball away or put your head behind it to bounce it out. You'd never arch your neck and power a header downwards in such a manner, not even by mistake. Up the other end, it's a great finish.

I would agree with you, up until the last bit of the interview, where he takes a pop at the fans. The rest of it was the usual bla bla, but he squeezes an unnecessary dig in there.

It doesn't help that 'so called fans', I call them something else entirely (and thank goodness there is a profanity ban on here) are abusing his son on social media.

In terms of the game it was an awful performance and result and in this game we shot ourselves in the foot with such an inept display and key errors. Coyle has to sort it out and quickly.

It doesn't help that 'so called fans', I call them something else entirely (and thank goodness there is a profanity ban on here) are abusing his son on social media.

In terms of the game it was an awful performance and result and in this game we shot ourselves in the foot with such an inept display and key errors. Coyle has to sort it out and quickly.

Coyle couldn't sort out a p1ss up in a brewery

Good article and nothing you can argue with. Duffy and Marshall need to go as soon as possible. No player, particularly these two individuals, can be bigger than the club.

Good article and nothing you can argue with. Duffy and Marshall need to go as soon as possible. No player, particularly these two individuals, can be bigger than the club.

Agreed, but we will then follow the inevitable process of replacing them with inferior players.

They, (particularly Duffy), are bang out of order, but perhaps had we appointed Warnock, they may have seen a future for themselves at Rovers.

Agreed, but we will then follow the inevitable process of replacing them with inferior players.

They, (particularly Duffy), are bang out of order, but perhaps had we appointed Warnock, they may have seen a future for themselves at Rovers.

What would I give to have Warnock here right now?!

Archived