BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

• Backroom

I don't think this was in any way a 'scandal'. It was stupid, embarrassing and extremely naive of him to talk so frankly whilst in the position he is in but it was not scandalous. It will be a crying shame if he loses his job over some vile journalism such as this. There are much bigger scandals to uncover than Big Sam saying what he has said. Brendan Rodgers wasn't wrong in what he said.

I sincerely hope the FA stick with him. There's no doubt in my mind they have covered up bigger "scandals" than this in their time. Stick with Big Sam - it has to be better than turning to the likes of Southgate/Bruce. Jesus wept.

Whilst the FA are a hypocritical joke, you can't be as stupid as Allardyce was here and get away with it. Nobody can be surprised that he's been removed.

There are plenty of things the press can be taken to task for - but investigating the current England manager advising on circumventing the rules of the game for cash benefits? The England manager telling total strangers about the England team being fragile, and his employers being idiots? No, this isn't even in the top 1000 things the press should be targeted for. They didn't need to do it, but there's little here to castigate them for imo. We've all been crying out for the game to be cleansed of this crap for years, if it starts here then so be it. Allardyce only has himself to blame for being the first in the firing line. That's what happens when you're in the top job and put yourself out there to be taken down. He should have known better.

It's a huge shame as I genuinely believe Allardyce could have taken us to a decent tournament, but he's tied his own noose. No sympathy from me, and I've always been a supporter of him as a manager.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Man tells truth, loses job"...

That's how screwed our "beautiful game" is.

Oh and abbey, do I have to explain the difference between calling a comment "idiotic" and calling a person "idiotic"?

You only posted sampathisers for a reaction, and you got it! Id leave it at that, as you are kind of proving Mr Wilkinson's point about the biggest reaction merchants are often the first to bleat!

• Backroom

Oh and abbey, do I have to explain the difference between calling a comment "idiotic" and calling a person "idiotic"?

You only posted sampathisers for a reaction, and you got it! Id leave it at that, as you are kind of proving Mr Wilkinson's point about the biggest reaction merchants are often the first to bleat!

If you were filmed chatting @#/? about your employers, offering advice on how to break their rules (truth or not) and criticising your team to a set of strangers, what would you expect to happen?

In the real world you don't get away with things like this. Nobody is saying the FA or the Press are angels, but Allardyce was a fool who allowed himself to be led into a trap. Before he'd managed a single match for the national team. For £400k, when he was on a £3m a year contract and is undoubtedly a millionaire many times over. It beggars belief.

Let's not forget the entirety of the evidence hasn't been released, either. I'm sure there's plenty more.

What an absolute idiot.

Can't agree more. What a plonker. I had high hopes for Allardyce's England.

If someone mentions to me - someone who is not the England football manager - that I can earn big money just by talking to a few blokes in Hong Kong I'd be wondering about the legitimacy of it. What made Allardyce think that it was anything but dodgy is a mystery.

As has been said, if the FA are to come across as squeaky clean he had to go.

The English FA are total enemies of football. Everything they do, every decision they make, works to impede and stem the growth of the national team. Including non decisions such as keeping Hodgson for so long. For decades they have done their very best to ruin any and all chances for the team.

Enjoy a dead England under Southgate or Gary Neville or another idiot like that.

Jumping into a thread without knowing the facts does you no favors.

Allardyce talked about taking a cut from agents, and breaking FA laws on 3rd party ownership that we know of, that in itself is enough to get rid of him and with more to come he was always going to be up against it.

He's a complete fool and greedy b*****d to boot.

If you were filmed chatting @#/? about your employers, offering advice on how to break their rules (truth or not) and criticising your team to a set of strangers, what would you expect to happen?

In the real world you don't get away with things like this. Nobody is saying the FA or the Press are angels, but Allardyce was a fool who allowed himself to be led into a trap. Before he'd managed a single match for the national team. For £400k, when he was on a £3m a year contract and is undoubtedly a millionaire many times over. It beggars belief.

Let's not forget the entirety of the evidence hasn't been released, either. I'm sure there's plenty more.

I chat @#/? about my employers all the time - since the very top bosses of the past 20 years have put education in a place that is unworkable!

Micheal Gove is a moron...

Point you missed DE - he is exposing the "rules" for what they are, not fit for purpose! So instead of dealing with what he said, people are happy just to deal with him and sweep his words under the carpet.

Whether you like Sam or not, if you can't see what this says about our FA, then you aren't looking properly!

We knew this anyway supposedly, being Blackburn fans who's team ignored whilst pilfered..

Yet let some rejoice! Yay Gareth Southgate.

I was looking forward to seeing a hard to beat England who had a chance of not capitulating to the football powerhouse nations. Ah well, back to another inadequate appointment who will pick the same old failing faces and employ the same old failing tactics, but who essentially won't rock the boat. What a pity. Don't get me wrong, Big Sam might have failed too, but I would have liked to have seen something different.

Daft by Allardyce (by the sounds of it, not seen the footage), but also daft by the press. Allardyce might have been able to achieve something, but would always have been a potential whipping boy for the press. The press could have had years of bashing him to their hearts content, but instead they have got him chucked out early with barely a front page or two to show for it.

Whichever way you look st it this is englands loss, we had a manager finally who would make something of us.

I look forward to Gareth Southgate tenure.....not.

It's a shame the members of the FA aren't cut from the same moral cloth they expect the manager to be.

Big Sam, your a chump for what you've done....

1st to bleat ? Bit like you bleating over being pulled for spelling .... and as for that crackpot that's another story

He's taken the fall then, I knew there was no way he would grass because it would end up back on him and his mates. The scum at the FA will embark on another clean up job now.

It's amazing how they do it even without Ray donavon

Jumping into a thread without knowing the facts does you no favors.

Allardyce talked about taking a cut from agents, and breaking FA laws on 3rd party ownership that we know of, that in itself is enough to get rid of him and with more to come he was always going to be up against it.

He's a complete fool and greedy b*****d to boot.

I've seen the footage, read the article (which is a desperate piece, the main things of interest not even included) so in the style and words of chandler Bing, could you BE any more patronising?

Man tells truth, loses job. Full stop. Was he a fool? Yes. Are the FA fit for purpose? No. Will this change anything there? No.

End of.

• Backroom

I chat @#/? about my employers all the time - since the very top bosses of the past 20 years have put education in a place that is unworkable!

Point you missed DE - he is exposing the "rules" for what they are, not fit for purpose! So instead of dealing with what he said, people are happy just to deal with him and sweep his words under the carpet.

Whether you like Sam or not, if you can't see what this says about our FA, then you aren't looking properly!

We knew this anyway supposedly, being Blackburn fans who's team ignored whilst pilfered..

I've already said I've been a fan of his for some time. As far as Allardyce's sacking goes, what the FA are or are not is irrelevant. What you're saying is that because the FA are hypothetically corrupt, it's alright for Allardyce to act unprofessionally as well. Absolute nonsense.

If you think that the England manager should be telling a group of strangers how to circumvent the rules of the game, whilst potentially agreeing to bring in investors to said scheme, then OK. If you think it's OK for the England manager to tell a group of strangers that our team are mentally weak and his employers are ridiculous, then OK. But ultimately you cannot deny that Sam has dug his own grave and is an idiot for doing so.

England under Southgate is a stomach churning thought, but it has no bearing on whether there were grounds to remove Allardyce. I don't like that he's gone, but he has nobody but himself to blame.

1st to bleat ? Bit like you bleating over being pulled for spelling .... and as for that crackpot that's another story

It's amazing how they do it even without Ray donavon

Saying something is irrelevant ain't bleating... Moaning about a comment is bleating!

So he's actually performing a sting operation of his own.....?

Come off it, you're making it sound like he's a white knight trying to bring about change by highlighting the rules for being so poor.

He's tried to make a quick buck, he got caught.

Whether anyone thinks it's right or wrong, it's cost him his job. The biggest job he's ever had.

Shame, I like him (as a manager) and I was looking forward to watching England under him.

Archived