Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well yes he has. He has told you several times through the media

It is just who I think Mowbray is targeting

exactly. 

cant believe how many fans are so negative even on the 1st time

Give it a rest Chaddy.

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

We've all known since the end of last season that Graham can't do more than 70 minutes that's why it was so poor that we went into this game with Nuttall as the backup.

Yeah that's obvious to everyone, but why take Dack off too, unless he was carrying a knock of course.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Evans was better than Smallwood. Not the problem.

Gallagher is not the answer. He cant hold the ball up as we saw at home to Preston.

I don't think we can afford to play both of Evans and Smallwood at this level in the same team. I thought Conway was retained for this very situation. Coming on late to help us see out games. Whoever thought that was going to work needs to give their head a wobble.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant be throwing points away like that.

Both full backs started shakily but Nyambe did really step up after that. Williams got the run around by Edwards.

Felt like Evans was better than Smallwood.

Dack shouldnt have been taken off. Needed his ball retention. Palmer had to score that chance, badly cost us in the end.

Samuel not up to it, we all knew that. Another hold up player needed, again we all knew that.

Very dissapointing, feels like a defeat.

Great summary, agree that Evans looked better than Smallwood. Would like to see what Davenport can do in the next match.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

exactly. 

cant believe how many fans are so negative even on the 1st time

Chaddy its not negative! Anyone can see where the holes are in this team, highlighting them doesn't make you negative. We can still trust Tony and pick out the weaknesses in the team.

• Like 2

I only saw the 2nd half but I thought we were well on top until that ridiculous goal.  We looked good at the back and every time Dack got tho ball it looked like something could happen.  2 points thrown away by careless and lazy defending and a goalkeeping error.

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Armstrong and Gallagher in that team would make all the difference, with Davenport and Palmer. I expect us to have a settled side in the next few weeks. 

I'm not a Gallagher fan. He's just a bigger version of Armstrong for me. I don't get why people want to sign both of them. We need another Graham pronto.

3 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Armstrong and Gallagher in that team would make all the difference, with Davenport and Palmer. I expect us to have a settled side in the next few weeks. 

exactly. 

Its the first game and we got a point away from home. pleased with that and would have taken that before the game

• Like 2

Just now, McClarky said:

I only saw the 2nd half but I thought we were well on top until that ridiculous goal.  We looked good at the back and every time Dack got tho ball it looked like something could happen.  2 points thrown away by careless and lazy defending and a goalkeeping error.

I've only seen it once but I felt that Raya was blameless for both. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Later in the season it would be - but sounded like a very hot day - and still working up to full fitness.

Nice one. I guess Ipswich are a bit more used to the climate down there.

I'd have taken a point before the game but disappointing to lose all three so late. The fact we are bringing Nuttall on when he's nowhere near ready for championship football is a concern but once Armstrong signs I'm hoping we will loan Nuttall out. Not a bad start at all, platform to build on. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

cant believe how many fans are so negative after 1 league game. very embarrassing to read 

Every message board in the country reacts the same way to conceding a last minute equaliser.

Folk are extremely frustrated and say so. They then move on to suggesting why their club didn’t win the game.

You know how it works, so what do you expect to see? 10 pages of ‘ah well’. ‘It’s a point’, ‘we move on’. ‘Never mind’ ?

Do you try and shut down debate in the pub, at work, wherever if someone has the temerity to make a point you deem ‘negative’?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

exactly. 

cant believe how many fans are so negative after 1 league game. very embarrassing to read 

:lol: you are like a walking talking post-defeat cliché.

We are allowed to be disappointed at the manner of the defeat, Chris.

‘Embarrassing’ is hardly the word of the day. Most have been pretty balanced about it. You (and the Mowbray-is-God-Squad) are looking for an argument that isn’t there.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

:lol: you are like a walking talking post-defeat cliché.

We are allowed to be disappointed at the manner of the defeat, Chris.

‘Embarrassing’ is hardly the word of the day. Most have been pretty balanced about it. You (and the Mowbray-is-God-Squad) are looking for an argument that isn’t there.

What defeat?

Didnt we draw today?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

My fault for turning on the radio in minute 89!

The players sounded knackered and were giving the ball away in the last few moments-tired minds and legs according to KG. Their equaliser sounded like a total fluke though.

A sickener in the end, but I'd have settled for that result at 3.00.

The equaliser came from a stupid free kick conceeded by a very tired Smallwood, defence non reactive and Raya made to look stupid.  A poor goal which we gave to them.

Previously Williams was AWOL for the first Ipswich goal. 

Ipswich deserved a point. Edwards mullered our left side a class act,  thought he played like an improved Armstrong. 

Dom tried hard but ffs, Nuttall same.

Why did take Dack off? He was not amused. 

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think we can afford to play both of Evans and Smallwood at this level in the same team. I thought Conway was retained for this very situation. Coming on late to help us see out games. Whoever thought that was going to work needs to give their head a wobble.

Chaddy. Head. Wobble.