BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

49 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

According to his wiki page, Celtic had three bids rejected by Hibs for McGinn in July. Do we have the funds and would he want to move here? 

The highest bid was 1.5 million, and Hibs wanted closer to 3 million. Not an unreasonable amount of money for us especially as he’s on the last year of his contract. 

Armstrong is a very good signings, 10+ goals this season from him.

• Like 1

Just now, Ruaney said:

I hope this McGinn rumour is legitimate. What a player - best player in Scotland outside of Celtic!

I know we are well stocked in CM but he is a class above anyone else we have there so if it can happen, I hope it does

Agreed. Shame our interest has got out. That supposed asking fee would be peanuts for a premiership club...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tom said:

Anyone got super vision to work out the names on Moggas white board

first team and subs then other categories of players 

Large

Raya, Williams, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Nyambe, Smallwood, Evans, Samuel, Dack Bennett and Graham.

Whilst we have the phone line open to Newcastle United, wonder if Mowbray is tempted to make a cheeky bid for Rolando Aarons and Ivan Toney?

Edited by RovingRover
  • Like 1

Hibs fans think the world of him. Seem to belive he can go on a similar path to Robertson now at Liverpool. Another reason they love him along with his playing ability is his attitude, has kicked up no fuss this summer despite repeated bids. Surely fits TM ethos. We need a standout midfieldier in my eyes, and Mccgin would be perfect. Just doubt it has much legs init. 

• Like 1

Great bit of business with Armstrong. Budget there all along, as Mowbray assured us it was. 

Now hopefully another winger, centre half and a striker please. 1 can be a loan. 

This Mcginn link is interesting. Fans on here saying "oh we need to sign players who are good enough to straight into the first 11" , then when we are linked with such a player, it changes to "oh we don't need another midfielder" 

Mcginn would be a class signing. Could move for 10 million plus in a season or 2 if he lives up to his potential. His signing would probably lead to whittingham and maybe even Travis leaving on loan. Could be good for Travis to start week in week out in league 1

Went to see Hibs Vs Motherwell at Easter Road yesterday. McGinn, as you expect stuck out like a sore thumb. Every time he touched the ball I turned to my pal and shook my head. No business in the SPL at this level.

Just dominated the game, never gave the ball away once. Great range of passing, assisted the second with a lovely diagonal chip ball. Do it all midfielder. Strong as an ox, doesn’t stop running. Quality touch on him.

First time I’ve seen him live, he will play in the premier league, be nice if it was in a Rovers shirt. 

Right age, right price. 

Get him Tony!

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great bit of business with Armstrong. Budget there all along, as Mowbray assured us it was. 

Now hopefully another winger, centre half and a striker please. 1 can be a loan. 

Seems a lot more likely we had to completely reassess having drawn a blank imo.

Otherwise the players we need, particularly Armstrong would have been here in time for the start of the season and we wouldn't have been scurrying about looking to do panic business in the last few days of the transfer window.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Seems a lot more likely we had to completely reassess having drawn a blank imo.

Otherwise the players we need, particularly Armstrong would have been here in time for the start of the season and we wouldn't have been scurrying about looking to do panic business in the last few days of the transfer window.

You've got no idea skipper, none of us do, this just suits your negative outlook. 

Could we not have been in for him all along and the price only became acceptable during the last week? 

Or possibly somewhere between the 2, Rev. Newcastle were playing hardball. We didn't want to overpay. We couldn't agree on how to structure payments. His agent was wanting to squeeze just a bit more out of the deal. Who knows? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Or possibly somewhere between the 2, Rev. Newcastle were playing hardball. We didn't want to overpay. We couldn't agree on how to structure payments. His agent was wanting to squeeze just a bit more out of the deal. Who knows? 

He’ll invent anything to fit his agenda.

• Like 1

I really hope the Armstrong signing means we can push Bennett back into CM permanently, we desperately need some energy in there. 

McGinn seems a little far fetched... TM is very close to Hibernian so maybe he is doing them a favour by faking interest from ourselves in order for Celtic to stump up the full £3m. 

Otherwise, Bennett and McGinn as a CM pairing would be great but we surely would need some outgoings. Tomlinson (loan) and Whittingham to name 2. Evans may even be an outside bet.

McGinn, Bennett, Davenport, Travis and Smallwood (in that order) should be plenty with Rothwell, Mulgrew and Lenihan as options there for the odd game assuming we got a proper CB in also.

But I'd expect McGinn to be a £3m Celtic player by Thursday.