Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

11 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Off the top of my head there's got to be a shout for 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls for him:

It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah, it's raining men Lenihan, amen
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet
It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah
It's raining men Lenihan... 

etc. etc.

Might need to work on the bit about getting soaking wet - sounds a bit too homo-erotic for me....

How do you all do that line through the words things it looks well cool and I wish I could do it .....

26 minutes ago, tugay5 said:

Waggot and Mowbray doing a Q&A at Ewood for the hospitality guests. Imagine transfers are being discussed. Anyone there able to provide an update on here? 

Let's hope Mowbray's comments prove nearer the mark than those in Blues back in Feb..  Talk is cheap.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I take your point on Bennett but with Ada and Nyambe chasing that position down he won’t hang on forever.

Why will Mulgrew be a permenant fixture? He was dropped for Williams for the last two months of last season....so logic would say he’s only starting because Williams is injured.

Rothwell has been our best player since March and I fully expect him to start.

I think Mulgrew got injured, then TM just kept Williams in because he had a couple of good games, and the fact the games were just glorified pre season friendlys at that point.

If the games had meant anything then you can bet Mulgrew would have been back in the side.

We'll see on Rothwell, but if I was a betting man then I'd suggest that Mowbray will start with Armstrong, Graham & Gallagher as his front three on Saturday.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

You've got your player's mixed up if you think that McKinlay was back up to Tugay.

Can't make his mind up anyway. One minute he's telling us how highly the Club rate the likes of Buckley and Butterworth and are anxious to promote them, the next news he's telling us how blessed we are to have Evans as back up which if it were to be the case would block the progression of the youngsters stone dead.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I think Mulgrew got injured, then TM just kept Williams in because he had a couple of good games, and the fact the games were just glorified pre season friendlys at that point.

If the games had meant anything then you can bet Mulgrew would have been back in the side.

We'll see on Rothwell, but if I was a betting man then I'd suggest that Mowbray will start with Armstrong, Graham & Gallagher as his front three on Saturday.

As a starting forward line I would settle for that

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't make his mind up anyway. One minute he's telling us how highly the Club rate the likes of Buckley and Butterworth and are anxious to promote them, the next news he's telling us how blessed we are to have Evans as back up which if it were to be the case would block the progression of the youngsters stone dead.

Also, Darren Fletcher only became a United first team player in 2004. Keane was on his way out of United by then.

Poor stuff from the site ‘football man’.

Gone pretty quiet on the other keeper front. 

Is that it then, gone from promising young keeper who is our player with not enough competition to promising young keeper who isn't our player with not enough competition?

Way to go. 🙄

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Where is my bloody centre half I was promised??

Venus couldn't work out the Croatian for "You'll only be coming in as a squad player son, you'll have to dislodge those already here if you want a first team place."

He's desperately working through Google Translate now to see if the German equivalent is any easier.

10 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

How do you all do that line through the words things it looks well cool and I wish I could do it .....

When you click on 'quote' at the bottom of someones post to reply it's the 4th option on the top, the S with the line through it  Enjoy!.

I feel we will sign One player now until the end of the window. It will be on Wednesday & it will be a decent centre half. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Just now, yeti-dog said:

When you click on 'quote' at the bottom of someones post to reply it's the 4th option on the top, the S with the line through it  Enjoy!.

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Ah, wondered why I could never do it, the option shows up on a laptop but not on my mobile phone  seemingly.

Ah well, as you were at the back then, heaven forbid. I just don't get it.

Could be worse I suppose if we were Trotters or Shakers.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Didn't mowbray or someone say we should have one in today?  Lol

We've been hearing that for the last week tbf. 

2 hours ago, m1st said:

Hopefully, that'll open the door to a big, preferably ugly, experienced centre-half - not bothered if he's Croatian, German or whatever nationality - who will be ready-made to replace Mulgrew in the back four.

Aye and bizarrely M1st I bet they are both on a lot less money than the City kid.

bonkers

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

Off the top of my head there's got to be a shout for 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls for him:

It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah, it's raining men Lenihan, amen
I'm gonna go out to run and let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet
It's raining men Lenihan, hallelujah
It's raining men Lenihan... 

etc. etc.

Might need to work on the bit about getting soaking wet - sounds a bit too homo-erotic for me....

I don't think you'll get blokes signing the melody to that song... Would be funny though! 

Simplest one I can come up with that people will sing is to KC & the sunshine band - 'Give it up' 

Nah nah nah nana nana nah

Daragh Lennihan! Lenihan! Daragh Lennihan!

Edited by Neal

17 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Ah well, as you were at the back then, heaven forbid. I just don't get it.

Could be worse I suppose if we were Trotters or Shakers.

You’re right, obviously, but that sits so wrong with me.

At this stage of a transfer window, with the attacking line we possess, even the middle of the park, we shouldn’t be settling for not supporting two clubs who have 35 minutes at the time of writing to practically avoid ceasing to exist.

The lack of defensive reinforcements, be it loans or permanents, is frankly embarrassing given our GA column last season. Here’s hoping something changes by Friday!

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nice new spin you're trying to put on it but Evans isn't good enough, whether starting or as back up. And he has the added downside of probably being one of our higher earners.

If you're not good enough if doesn't matter if you're playing for nothing, there's no point having you around the Club.

He was good enough for Hull when they went up just throwing that out there

17 hours ago, briansol said:

Looks like a proper defender. Can head and likes a tackle

Well at least he's used to playing in an empty stadium