Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray Poll

Mowbray Poll  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should...

• Stay
    • Go

8 minutes ago, frosty said:

Dunny tweeted 'Be careful what you ask for' not long ago. 

Of course that could relate to anything, but chances are it's about Mowbray...

It will be about Mowbray.

There was a lot of fans replying to the full time tweet from the club after last nights game saying they wanted Mowbray gone.

I have zero faith that a replacement would be an improvement given that it was Paul Senior who appointed TM.

The next liplicker, doughnut peddler or even Judan Alli awaits...

So FFS Tony - buy a keeper and a decent CH in january, play Danny Graham and then sign an actuall goalscorer next summer!

18 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

/The poll could have used more options. I voted “stay”, through the end of the season. Then, reassess. 

I really don't get this school of thought, which many on Twitter are peddling too. Why give him to the end of the season? What evidence is there to show he'll turn us around and get us competing at the right end of the table? I have seen more than enough to know he needs moving on.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I really don't get this school of thought, which many on Twitter are peddling too. Why give him to the end of the season? What evidence is there to show he'll turn us around and get us competing at the right end of the table? I have seen more than enough to know he needs moving on.

I don't think the people like me who feel this way think that we will be competing at the right end of the table - just that we don't think we'll go down either under Tony Mowbray and there is a serious risk of a really disastrous appointment being made if he were fired

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't think the people like me who feel this way think that we will be competing at the right end of the table - just that we don't think we'll go down either under Tony Mowbray and there is a serious risk of a really disastrous appointment being made if he were fired

You’re more positive than I am about Tony’s ability to keep us up this season, then. We’re nosediving unless something drastic changes IMO.

3 hours ago, frosty said:

Dunny tweeted 'Be careful what you ask for' not long ago. 

Of course that could relate to anything, but chances are it's about Mowbray...

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Saying be careful what you wish for isn’t necessarily support for mowbray, after all he left the club in mowbrays tenure...

44 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

I have zero faith that a replacement would be an improvement given that it was Paul Senior who appointed TM.

The next liplicker, doughnut peddler or even Judan Alli awaits...

So FFS Tony - buy a keeper and a decent CH in january, play Danny Graham and then sign an actuall goalscorer next summer!

Yes Senior did appointed him and he was his 1st choice and he always wanted Coyle gone. 

I would like to see return to this model of Sporting Director/head coach structure

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

The poll could have used more options. I voted “stay”, through the end of the season. Then, reassess. 

It’s a temperature check at this moment and includes whether it not you think he should be given to the end of the season.

If you do then you vote stay. It doesn’t mean you can’t take a different vote in future.

Fanbases are fickle by nature. Three wins on the spin and the poll will change. Three defeats and people will reach their own thresholds before demanding change. A lot of people will still be holding back voting and that will tell its own story.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Why though? It never worked when coyle etc was here

We had it for 5 or 6 weeks with the system with Senior and Coyle. hardly time it is? 

I have been very detailed why I want this structure at the club and I have good discussion with @JHRover about it on Sunday. 

I would appoint Someone like Steve Walsh or David Moss as Sporting Director with Damien Johnson as head coach. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He deserves at least that much as a courtesy. 

Losing arguably our two best backs, it takes time to replace them. Besides, nobody worth his pay is going to come in at this point, without Cunningham & Lenihan, amd precious few who can score. 

Johnson? The club knows we’re teetering on the brink and things could turn into a hot mess (particularly, after our next three matches... I’m not seeing any wins, so I’m sure the “sack Mowbray” chant gets louder). I do not think they want to throw this mess at Johnson’s feet, it’s that simple. 

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s simple . Just sack him. Does anyone think Johnson can do any worse. I can confidently say he will be better than Mowbray. If he’s the right man to take over full time Is another story but tony needs to go end of. Give Johnson the job on a temporary basis and take your time recruiting the next man whilst assessing damo. Absolute no brainer

Difficult to disagree.

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

He deserves at least that much as a courtesy. 

Losing arguably our two best backs, it takes time to replace them. Besides, nobody worth his pay is going to come in at this point, without Cunningham & Lenihan, amd precious few who can score. 

Johnson? The club knows we’re teetering on the brink and things could turn into a hot mess (particularly, after our next three matches... I’m not seeing any wins, so I’m sure the “sack Mowbray” chant gets louder). I do not think they want to throw this mess at Johnson’s feet, it’s that simple. 

Re: Johnson, or any other rookie manager for that matter, they are  never going to land a job at a decent level when things are going swimmingly well, their only realistic chance is to go in somewhere where the wheels have fallen off and establish their credentials  by doing a good job in difficult circumstances.

13 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So you are willing to settle for second level mediocrity, with non-entertaining football. I think my money would start to be spent elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

could he be given DOF to keep his trust & stability but his first job is to bring in a capable replacement head coach ?

Would this be a good compromise ?

I don't know...just putting the idea out there for debate.

Surely if he can see who would be a suitable replacement, then he must see the present problems. So why doesn't he resolve them himself?

Just now, rigger said:

So you are willing to settle for second level mediocrity, with non-entertaining football. I think my money would start to be spent elsewhere. 

I believe in "We'll support you evermore" and don't shop around like a consumer which is not the attitude I associate with true supporters. I am old enough to remember when second level mediocrity was an upgrade on what we were presented with but I didn't desert the club then and won't now.

I don't like the present level of performances and believe that there are other managers who could get better results than the present incumbent - but I don't trust the owners to make that appointment and will stick with Mowbray at least until the end of the season

‘I’ll support them evermore‘ too. 
But for me supporting ‘them’ is wanting the best for the club, not blindly backing Tony Mowbray, who is just passing through like the rest. For the good of the club it’s looking like time for a change.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Re: Johnson, or any other rookie manager for that matter, they are  never going to land a job at a decent level when things are going swimmingly well, their only realistic chance is to go in somewhere where the wheels have fallen off and establish their credentials  by doing a good job in difficult circumstances.

Why do they have to start off "at a decent level" rather than prove themselves lower down the scale ? Alex Ferguson started at East Stirling