Sign in to follow this  
Husky

England

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you agree with the current formation he is trying to impose, 3 centre backs and 2 holding midfielders included?

He is trying out the formation as plan B and giving it a few games. Dont see the problem. After Christmas back to 4-3-3 as plan A with Plan B as 3-4-3

Do you agree with his weird desire to stick as many right backs on as possible recently?

Not really. Walker played centre back in world cup 2018. Chilwell out injured. Shaw form is woeful. Saka very young. 

Isnt it a worry that the player turnover is so high, no scope for a setttled side, constant debutants?

Nope. Good time to try players out. Plus shorter pre season and so many games being played. We have rotated them. 

Are the recent numerous disciplinary problems, the 3 party goers, Foden and Greenwood in Iceland and James losing his head today a concern to you?

Nope..these are young players who will learn. Look at the trouble before Euro 96 then we produced those results and semi Final. 

Didnt his inability to come up with anything to cope with having a player less worry you tonight should we go down to 10 men in the future?

Nope. 

The World Cup was somewhat of a success

The World Cup 2018 was great success in my opinion

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is trying out the formation as plan B and giving it a few games. Dont see the problem. After Christmas back to 4-3-3 as plan A with Plan B as 3-4-3

Not really. Walker played centre back in world cup 2018. Chilwell out injured. Shaw form is woeful. Saka very young. 

Nope. Good time to try players out. Plus shorter pre season and so many games being played. We have rotated them. 

Nope..these are young players who will learn. Look at the trouble before Euro 96 then we produced those results and semi Final. 

Nope. 

Do you ever agree with anybody chaddy?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nope. 

You're talking like that semi final was a success story. It wasn't. We were well beaten by a team that was well beaten by the eventual winners. We made really hard work of getting to the semis in the bargain. Southgate's not the answer, I'm sure of that. I'm not even sure there is an answer. We're breeding under achievers in English football at the moment I'm afraid. 

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Do you ever agree with anybody chaddy?

Yes plenty. But we have different opinions which is good. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're talking like that semi final was a success story. It wasn't. We were well beaten by a team that was well beaten by the eventual winners. We made really hard work of getting to the semis in the bargain. Southgate's not the answer, I'm sure of that. I'm not even sure there is an answer. We're breeding under achievers in English football at the moment I'm afraid. 

Semi final was a success story. 

Southgate achieved much more than we did under Sven, Capello, McClaren and Hodgson. How much did we wasted on Sven and Capello? 30 million? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Southgate achieved much more than we did under Sven, Capello, McClaren and Hodgson. How much did we wasted on Sven and Capello? 30 million? 

Chaddy, we lost that game, remember ?

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If the manager who took us to the World Cup semi-finals should not be leading us into the Euros then who should ? It's noticeable that you do not put forward an alternative.

Honestly there are an infinite amount of managers who would be better for the job than Southgate, its pointless me naming one as you will just criticise it like you do when someone suggests an alternative to Mowbray. Let's be honest he got very lucky with the draw in the world cup and a better manager at 1-0 up against Croatia would have seen the game out. Also let's not forget that in the world cup Southgate lost more games than any other England manager has every lost in a world cup tournament.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we have won nothing under any of them, and don't look likely to in the near future. not much of an achievement in my eyes.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you think beating Panama, Tunisia, Sweden and Colombia (on pens), whilst losing twice to Belgium and once to Croatia is a success story then you must have very low standards. 

2002 under Sven as much as a success story as 2018. We may have only got to the quarters but we lost a close game by one freak goal to an outstanding Brazil team, in 2018 we lost 3 games and didn't even play a team near the standard of that Brazil team.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Honestly there are an infinite amount of managers who would be better for the job than Southgate, its pointless me naming one as you will just criticise it like you do when someone suggests an alternative to Mowbray. Let's be honest he got very lucky with the draw in the world cup and a better manager at 1-0 up against Croatia would have seen the game out. Also let's not forget that in the world cup Southgate lost more games than any other England manager has every lost in a world cup tournament.

An "infinite" number of managers who could do better than getting to the semi finals of the World Cup - yet none are named ! 

Anything achieved by Southgate you put down to luck. Your dislike of the man is irrational and has coloured your judgement.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

An "infinite" number of managers who could do better than getting to the semi finals of the World Cup - yet none are named ! 

Anything achieved by Southgate you put down to luck. Your dislike of the man is irrational and has coloured your judgement.

I have no dislike of Southgate, I just don't think he's a good manager. Wenger would be my personal preference for the job. As for being lucky anyone who knows anything about football would acknowledge that he got very lucky with the draw in the World Cup. 

41 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I have no dislike of Southgate, I just don't think he's a good manager. Wenger would be my personal preference for the job. As for being lucky anyone who knows anything about football would acknowledge that he got very lucky with the draw in the World Cup. 

Me too, jn fact I like Southgate as a bloke, he appears to be a very decent guy.  He was also a decent player back in the day. However I just don't think he's a Trophy winning manager. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy, we lost that game, remember ?

I do remember than TS. but getting to the semi final in major competition is a success considering our poor performances in past competitions since Euro 96 under Terry Venables 

7 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wenger? Would never take it. Was asked a couple of times during his Arsenal days. Yesterday man now. 

Tactics were wrong against Croatia, midfield should have been packed to stifle them. Same as the other night, game was screaming for Grealish, who did he bring on?

9 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Think that's a good shout on Wenger but he's probably in too cushy a job where he is now.

Southgate is just a smooth talking PR man like Woy and Sven before him but again, at least the other two despite the fact they were poor with England  can point to an overall CV with some success on it.

It's the Brian Clough syndrome agai 40 odd years on. Don't appoint the best man for the job, just appoint someone who'll say all the right things and never upset anyone

Sponsor
2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Tactics were wrong against Croatia, midfield should have been packed to stifle them. Same as the other night, game was screaming for Grealish, who did he bring on?

He brought Hendo on for Rice which is unfathomable when you are a goal down with grealish on the bench. Think theres a problem between them two. Not for me Southgate.