BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match review: Rovers 4 Man City 2

rover6

i can't wait to wind up dickov, he was a player i never liked when he played for us, he just moans all the time and is not a prem player imo.

some good news is the refs seem not to like citeh these days with the thatcher incident etc, so we are both in the same boat, we could see a few yellows and red cards on sunday.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(1 -1 , citeh awarded dubious penalty. opinion changed after watching full version of last nights match)

3 - 1 rovers

tugay runs the show

rovers down to 10 men with 6 yellows

citeh 4 yellows ( should be down to 9 men with 10 yellows, but ref got scared )

both manager agree it wasnt a physical game.

Edited by 3rdpillar

Is anybody going to the game from the Bolton area on Sunday, its just that i am getting the train to the match and since it will only be my second day in Bolton and add to the fact i won't have a clue where to go once i got to the train station, it would be nice to travel with some fellow Rovers fans on the train. If anyone is could you pm me or just leave a message in the thread please.

Back onto the game itself, they should have Dabo eligable to play as that red card he received should be downgraded to a yellow card at worst. One player who i have liked the look of this season for them is Samaras, i like the way he comes deep threads the play and then gets in the box for the crosses and often gets on the end of them.

As for Dickov, i certaintly will be giving hima good reception until kick-off anyway, i like players who wear their heart on their sleeve and give 100%, he may not be the most technically gifted player but he did a job for us and scored many crucial goals for us.

We'll win this comfortably. City are a dreadful side at the moment, and there is clear division in their ranks.

Rovers 2- 0. Neill pen and McCarthy.

An early goal is the order of the day for us . City at the end of last season at Ewood gave one of the worst premiership performances I've seen .....and they haven't turned it round yet . Very troubling if we fail to win this one .

ROVERS 1- 0 CITY ; Savage to score :brfc:

(EDIT - Just read Big A's post ...sorry for copying :unsure:)

Edited by blue phil

every other prediction I have made has gone horribly wrong, so here's hoping it continues :

Rovers 1-3 City. We play some ok football, but then the ball simply rolls into our net 3 times, for no apparent reason. That's how much sense the fotball season has made to me so far.

First game after the UEFA match usually gives a poor performance.

I hope not this time.

May be some goals for a change. City will score 2, one from a penalty.

Rovers to scrape it 3-2 with our nails bitten right down.

With a bit of luck, Rovers wil be so frustrated and mad about tonight's 91st minute give away, they'll rip Citeh on Sunday.

I would guess it will be more like they will be feeling quite chuffed with the point, scoring two. We will relax feeling all good about our selves with the "only played Thursday and travelled" excuse being cited for a horrible performance.

I would love to think that we will win this game after all it will be probably the last one I make until December now (Fulham!) BUt I am not so sure. The team will probably be knackered from Europe and we never raise our game against rubbish oppositiion!

Despite all that I am feeling in a positive mood so will predict a 2-1 win!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.