BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salzburg 2 Rovers 2

den

Sorry must have clicked the wrong thread, I thought this was the game thread. Had not realised it wa the "neill's a prick, no he's not" thread.

What happened did Lucas drop a clanger tonight? Apology accepted Rev, don't think it was you that drew it off thought. Anyway, good result, I feared the worst. As some had mentioned buggar to give away the late goal but shoe in the other foot we'd be happy.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean RB, but is a large section of the Rovers support constantly making derogatory remarks about him the best way to persude him to sign a new contract?

I can just imagine the scene...

Rafa - You just have to sign your name here Lucas...actually forget that, you're a footballer, an x will do...

Neill - OK Rafa but just let me check BRFCS.co.uk...

Rafa - Hmmm...I forgot once again...but aren't you Australian? A dot will do in that case...

Neill - Hey! Wait a minute you dropkick! There's some bonzer things they've been saying about me in BRFCS bay...no thanks Rafa, I'm a vegemite and Rovers man after all.

Rafa- but Lukey...

Neill - No chance you flamin' gallah!

:brfc:

Quite pleased tonight, got a good draw away to a tough in form team on a tricky pitch, plus we actually managed to score TWICE, not only that but we created chances, quite a few, if you saw the Sheff Utd game that is great news, maybe we are starting to turn the corner as regards to that, plus it all sounds like their defence was not crash hot, so with a bit of luck we might get a couple more at Ewood and make the group stages

WooHoo cause for optimism methinks can't wait for Sunday now

p.s. Leave off Neill, he is Sparky's captain it isn't gonna change anytime soon so we may as well get behind him

Been reading the papers and it seems that:

- Rovers weren't dirty

- Apart from the resumption from the power cut and the last 5 minutes, Rovers were comfortable

- we left a 6 ft 5 ins striker unmarked for their equaliser; obviously whichever Australian whose post was unattended had popped off to get his step ladder

- Tugay was a class apart again but Ooijer and Savage had good games which should calm a few folks down

- we had at least 4 good goal scoring chances in the second half which has calmed my worries about us not creating chances; now I can worry about us taking them.

Considering that Salzburg are going so well domestically and have a number of "name" players and awesome management, perhaps there are reasons for optimism not just for the home leg but for a bit of a UEFA adventure afterwards.

2-2 sets up a good game at Ewood. Salzburg will have to attack to get the lead they need which should open things up nicely for the Rovers.

Actually I think that a 2-2 draw is a very good result as Salzburg is not a weak team I think. Now just hope that our defence is good enough to defend in second leg.

This is the first time in this season that I am not "negative" after a match :)

From what I heard on the radio we were well under it in the last 20 minutes so it could have been allot worse.

Cant understand when a team is playing well they go and mess around with the formation and sit back - ROVERS ALWAYS CONCEED WHEN THEY DO IT :angry:

To be fair though, in the last 20 our boys sounded dead on their feet (guy on the radio pretty much said Emerton was wrecked) City will be nice and fresh for Sunday and our boys will probably still be in bed :(

i didnt see the game, but i'm now an authority on china's plans for the fed cup! :rolleyes:

it sounded as though we created several good chances, and that's encouraging, but we defended poorly.

for the good of blackburn rovers, differences should be put aside and todd should partner zurab.

anyone who doesnt think we'll be more secure with that partnership, is blinkered and doesnt understand the game.

I think that the Captain should be a player who is full of commitment in a game.

The captain should be a passionate and a committed player and he should be happy at the club that he plays for. He should be able to stick a few tackles in when the going gets tough and he should be able to rally his troops when their heads are down.

Now Lucas Neill is a tough tackler, but I don’t believe he motivates the other players and also he isn’t committed to our club. For those reasons, whether or not we are trying to keep him, he shouldn’t be captain. He is arrogant and he obviously believes he is better than he is. Im very surprised we are letting him sit on his current deal with the risk of losing him for free as his wage demands for a defender of his level are pathetic.

Better options for Captain in the current team would be Savage or Friedel, or maybe even Ooijer.

ifor the good of blackburn rovers, differences should be put aside and todd should partner zurab.

anyone who doesnt think we'll be more secure with that partnership, is blinkered and doesnt understand the game.

You can't get anymore blinkered than not actually seeing the game.

Reports are few and far between from the alcoholics who went to the game and frequent this messageboard, in which case we'll have to trust Andy Neild and the LT. Ooijer, the Dutch International who is getting used to playing with new team mates and has missed a portion of pre-season, had a good game.

Forty odd years playing and watching, yet I still don't understand the game !

Which football manual did you read to understand the game? Shoot :lol:

I can just imagine the scene...

Rafa - You just have to sign your name here Lucas...actually forget that, you're a footballer, an x will do...

Neill - OK Rafa but just let me check BRFCS.co.uk...

Rafa - Hmmm...I forgot once again...but aren't you Australian? A dot will do in that case...

Neill - Hey! Wait a minute you dropkick! There's some bonzer things they've been saying about me in BRFCS bay...no thanks Rafa, I'm a vegemite and Rovers man after all.

Rafa- but Lukey...

Neill - No chance you flamin' gallah!

:brfc:

Yes, quite humourous FLB. Made me smile when I surfaced this morning! (I noticed you waited till I had gone to bed to post it though). The one that made me really chuckle though was the one from USA Blue towards the bottom of page 14 and timed at 01.18. That was ace!! :lol::lol:

Edited by Fife Rover

I hate Eurosport.

I knew there was a reason I havnt watched it for 5 years or more.

Its crap.

Better than following the entire game on teletext (like I had to last night). It weren't even on the radio. Everywhere I tuned in was broadcasting the Whammers game <_<

Watching it with the sound off is better than nowt.

You can't get anymore blinkered than not actually seeing the game.

Reports are few and far between from the alcoholics who went to the game and frequent this messageboard, in which case we'll have to trust Andy Neild and the LT. Ooijer, the Dutch International who is getting used to playing with new team mates and has missed a portion of pre-season, had a good game.

bob, i said put your differences aside! :D

the radio lancs commentators were my eyes last night :( and he had a particularly shakey start and finish.

the questions simple, at this moment in time, who've rovers fans got more confidence in.... ooijer or todd ?

i know who the people who went to sheff utd with me will choose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.