SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vote For New Kit For 2007-8

key76

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 and 3. I'd have to say that if the halves don't happen on the away this time, the club will just use this as a reasoning never to do it (well, we tried back in '07, but the fans didn't want it).

If these were proposed new wrappers for a chocolate bar, I'd sack the brand manager as having no idea as to the brand identity. To me Rovers is about distinctiveness and heritage. The home kits get progessively lighter, so on that basis, I'd have to vote for 1. The away kits are completely random, but 3 at least mirrors the home kit distinctiveness. They should run with this as a basis for all away kits in future, and if they must incorporate squiggly bits to appeal to the yoof market, they could at least have the same style home and away.

And that is the worst sponsor's logo I've seen on any shirt, anywhere, at any level.

Red and black halves for the away colours is the one. We should have adopted it years ago. We should never have bothered with yellow, orange, black or any of those other crappy designs we've had.

Blue and white halves will do for the home shirt. All three options look pretty much the same to me. It doesn't really matter if there's the odd red flash here and there, or who makes it, or what the sponsors logo looks like.

Why on Earth is this being voted for now?

It makes the 'new' kit (it's only a few months old for crying out loud) feel outdated already. What a ridiculous idea given that Christmas is around the corner.

It was January last year, and those shirts werent available until late summer, hopefully given the continuity of sponsorship now and the early shirt selection, we will be seeing the shirts available earlier.

Of course, there would be plenty of time between January and May to do that if desired. :huh:

The home kits all look virtually indistinguishable to me, and not really different enough from this years to justify buying the new one. Three is the best of the bunch, although one reminds me a bit of the 95 Premiership winning shirt.

As for the away kits, only one choice for me - three- and the red and black halves should be a permanent feature imo. For what it's worth I think the black and blue and orange options are awful.

Home kit 3 and Away kit 3 for me.

Why is it that they have to change the home kit every season. Another £35 for a red stripe on the Blue and White Halves? Dont make sense to me.

For teh away kit to change every season I dont care as I think it should be changed, but lets keep the home kit changes to a minimum.

But I do like the black and ref halves for the away.

3 & 3 for me, just a shame I just bought a new home kit as I would of waited till next season for a red 'n black halved shirt.

Backs up a point a made a few pages back.

Putting the new designs up this side of Christmas is terrible marketing (as appears to be the norm at the moment), I bet many people SR's view and hold back on buying the new one as they already feel 'old'.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.