BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean's friends in the media http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1169711?cc=4716

Sources close to Kean told ESPN: "It doesn't look good - yet the club are on course for 92 points, which would mean promotion. They've had their best start in the Championship ever, yet the club have set a target of 16 points in the first seven games.

"Rumours of Steve's sacking filtered through the club on Friday, so it's little wonder that the team lost.

"Steve has managed in difficult times, having to shed £30 million of costs by selling players - that doesn't make it easy for a manager."

Haha, Stevie's running scared.

• Backroom

Radio Lancs have apparently said they've spoken to Venkys this morning and been told nothing til tomorrow.

If that's the case he'll end up staying no doubt

It's just like in summer when he was being sacked then delayed etc

When I saw Kamy's post last night I was absolutely delighted. But woke up this morning thinking that it would be very foolish to let that excitement stick around until Kean is actually out of the club. I still find it difficult to believe that he will go. Perhaps its just too many disappointing false alarms. But if he survives the next 24 hours it will be the most devastating of them all.

Kean gets sacked AND CRUCIALLY not given another position at the club and I will give my full support to the new manager, to Shebby and, yes, to Venky's, If this doesn't happen then my support of the club just falls away further.

This is a massive crossroads. I'm finding it difficult to get much/anything else done!!!

Apparently Radio Lancs have said there will be no announcement until tomorrow?

I was listening at 7 this morning and they said Shebby was contacted and he said he would not be making any comment today but he said that he would be able to comment tomorrow.

I'm hoping (praying even) that they are negotiating the pay off for Kean.

Kean's friends in the media http://soccernet.esp...1169711?cc=4716

Sources close to Kean told ESPN: "It doesn't look good - yet the club are on course for 92 points, which would mean promotion. They've had their best start in the Championship ever, yet the club have set a target of 16 points in the first seven games.

"Rumours of Steve's sacking filtered through the club on Friday, so it's little wonder that the team lost.

"Steve has managed in difficult times, having to shed £30 million of costs by selling players - that doesn't make it easy for a manager."

Is anybody else getting a strong whiff of The Fat Controller?

Please God willing he is sacked BUT, if he doesnt and he remains, I suggest that every single fan should boycott any games that he remains in charge.

It is quite common knowledge that Venkys have been alarmed by the drop in revenue and attendances. If after this, we are then told he will remain as manager, every BRFC should boycott Ewood Park. No rubbish statements of 'they wont stop me supporting my club'.

At any normal club it would just be a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's and the owner signing it off. Probably a lot more complicated when backs need covering and a decent exit strategy suitable for all parties to save face need to be agreed

I do wonder how much of an Exit Steve will actually make in the wider picture of the club outside of his managerial responsibilities.

The best we can possibly hope for is he is moved to India-out of sight but not influence. Something tells me he isn't just going to disappear!

We might be led to believe he has though!

I do wonder how much of an Exit Steve will actually make in the wider picture of the club outside of his managerial responsibilities.

The best we can possibly hope for is he is moved to India-out of sight but not influence. Something tells me he isn't just going to disappear!

We might be led to believe he has though!

Apologies double posted-wrong quote button pressed-whoops

Archived