BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The sad passing of "Kelbo".

Glenn

Really sad news. Kelbo seemed like a genuine and honest bloke. I can't recall a post in which he ever questioned, attacked or provoked another member. He was only ever seen posting about the game itself. Football was obviously a big passion of his and I echo the many preceeding tributes - I always enjoyed his input.

Sad sad news and my thoughts go out to his family. I'm just so sorry the last few years he supported Rovers were so turbulent.

Kelvin's son has been in touch. I hope people don't mind, or think it morbid, if I pass on the information...

"My father was 66 years old and with no health problems, so it has come as a shock to us all. He took pride in giving me all the information from this site, and i didn't know if he spoke rubbish or not to you guys!

He suffered a shock heart attack at 7am this morning and leaves behind his Loving wife of 28 years, and three children, 24,26 and 29 respectively. It would be nice if you did post something.

Thank you for your kind words.

Kind Regards

Ben"

From my point of view, "Kelbo" was one of the really good guys and his contributions - public and private - will be sorely missed. 66 is no age these days and my heart goes out to his wife and family.

RIP mate.

Kelvin's son has been in touch. I hope people don't mind, or think it morbid, if I pass on the information...

"My father was 66 years old and with no health problems, so it has come as a shock to us all. He took pride in giving me all the information from this site, and i didn't know if he spoke rubbish or not to you guys!

He suffered a shock heart attack at 7am this morning and leaves behind his Loving wife of 28 years, and three children, 24,26 and 29 respectively. It would be nice if you did post something.

Kind Regards

Ben"

From my point of view, "Kelbo" was one of the really good guys and his contributions - public and private - will be sorely missed. 66 is no age these days and my heart goes out to his wife and family.

RIP mate.

Thank you Stuart. It puts life into perspective.

Kind Regards

Ben"

RIP mate.

Thanks to both you and Ben for posting.

I can't remember Kelbo ever falling out with anyone - and on here that's rare as hens teeth. Good bloke, will be missed.

I sadly believe this thread would be lost on our "owners", but if they just took a step back and realised what they have devastated in the last 28/9 months, and saw what a great set of fans we are they might gain some insight, again I feel the loss of one of our own.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

I didn't know Kelbo, but this news has hit hard. All I can say is that if we could all present ourselves as Kelbo did on this site, it would be one heck of a better community. His posts and knowledge of everything Blackburn Rovers will be missed greatly.

Very shocked to read this.

RIP Kelvin. I have got to know him quite well over the last few years, have exchanged countless e-mails and PM's. A genuinely nice guy who cared deeply about Rovers and the wider community.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family at what must be an incredibly difficult time.

Devastated by this news.

Kelvin and I corresponded at length by email and messenger and although I never met him face-to-face, he was clearly one of football's very good guys. He was incredibly well connected within the game but he was never one to parade the people whom he knew well to friends or on the message board. He was so passionate about the game and it is fair to say he was one of life's givers- always giving back with advice and coaching and knowledge.

In a game with so many "bad guys" tainting it, it is tragic to lose someone like Kelvin.

My heart goes out to Kelvin's family and friends at this very difficult time. He will be enormously missed.