BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster vs Rovers

I'm with you as well. I'd start with that team.

As for you two, bloody hell, get a grip. Have you relocated to Pune? Are you collecting Shebby from the airport? It used to be 10 games the take a look. We've brought in 11 new players, some haven't even been fit yet! League match 3 - everybody panic!

I agree in principle and IF we were a normally run club there would be nothing for Gary to worry about.

We need something out of the game.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly Bob, only a fool would class the third game in a 46 game season as a must-win.

If your watching a midfield of Judge, Lowe, Marrow and Taylor all the time and dont like what you see from this combo.

Who's the fool then ?

A nearly two thirds empty Ewood to me, suggests, its not them.

Then someone suggests the strikers arent allegedly interested ffs as they run their knackers off always on the periphery of involvement..........what a surprise.

If your watching a midfield of Judge, Lowe, Marrow and Taylor all the time and dont like what you see from this combo.Who's the fool then ?A nearly two thirds empty Ewood to me, suggests, its not them.

So you don't go anymore then JAL?

Kean

Henley Dann Hanley Spurr

Evans Cairney

Taylor Judge Nunes

Rhodes

Subs: Eastwood, Kane, Givet, Marrow, King, Dunn, Best.

absolutely love the look of that team. This will be my lad's twelfth ground visited and my thirty ninth!

Unfortunately i have a sneaky suspicion that bowyer isn't a fan of nunes.

Pity!

Rubbish. 4 points from the next 2 games would be fine.

Would be the bare minimum.

Come on, we should be rolling over Donny & Barnsley comfortably and why shouldn't the supporters expect 2 wins.

IMO, with the circus the club has become and the consequent instability, we simply can't afford to lose tonight as GB needs some pressure alleviating and quickly.

From last week against Forest:

All IMO of course. E&OE.

O Instance of very good play

O Instance of decent play

O Disappointing or poor play

O Terrible play

h hoof upfield

Kean OOOO

Kane OOOOOO

Hanley OOOOOOOhhhh

Dann OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh

Spurr OOOOOOOOhh

Judge OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh

Taylor OOOOOOOO

Lowe OOOOOOOOOOOh

Marrow OOOOOOhh

Best OOOOOOOO

Rhodes OOOOOOOO

King OOOOOO

Expecting a repeat of the Derby game, we'll get a draw when we should be getting 3 points; 1-1

Couple of years back I went to Doncaster with a friend to watch Ipswich hammer then 6-0. Worst ground I've been to in my life, a soulless shell of a stadium in an industrial estate

Evans played an international mid-week didn't he? Could be worth giving him a run out but probably wouldn't start.

Would play the below.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Lowe Cairney

Taylor Dunn Judge

Rhodes

I expect us to win this, but lets not panic just yet. Too late for some though.

• Backroom

Evans played an international mid-week didn't he? Could be worth giving him a run out but probably wouldn't start.

Would play the below.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Lowe Cairney

Taylor Dunn Judge

Rhodes

I expect us to win this, but lets not panic just yet. Too late for some though.

Only played about 10mins. Even assuming we don't really improve on the performances vs Derby/Forest, we should beat Donny tbh.

Assuming Cairney starts (poss Evans too) I'd wager on a clean sheet.

Bad stat from the bbc...

• The Ewood Park club have notched just one away league victory in 2013, and have completed 19 away league games without a clean sheet.

We haven't lost at their ground in 62 years, which was the only time we've lost to them in 19 competitive games and in our last game there we won 5-1.

Paul Dickov is their manager by the way. Players who have played for both teams include Tommy Spurr, Matthew Kilgallon, Mike Newell, Mark Atkins and Pascal Chimbonda.

Apparently defending set pieces is a weakness for them.

Bad stat from the bbc...

• The Ewood Park club have notched just one away league victory in 2013, and have completed 19 away league games without a clean sheet.

That reads like, this is a club heading for league one.

That reads like, this is a club heading for league one.

It's getting really tedious now mate with your negativity. Seriously if I had your outlook on Rovers I would give up and find another team or sport to follow .

Got tickets, arranged for dinner in donny with friends, and for once I'm pretty optimistic of a Rovers win.

Dickov isn't a great manager, and Doncaster are not a good team. Even with Rochina out I'm fairly confident we should have enough class in Cairney, Dunn and Judge to cause them problems (against other teams I'd be less confident...)

To me a win is vital. If we do - we'll look on the positives of the first few games, if we don't I've a feeling that the pressure will be on GB and the team, and the fans (not just the regular pessimists) will start to get edgy. Realistically 4 points is the least we should have from the opening 3 games. So here's to Rovers hitting that target tonight.

Archived