BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doncaster vs Rovers

David, 2,500 to 3,000 expected!

:lol: :lol:

If thats a police estimate they're obviously trying to justify their overtime again.

Doncaster doesn't have much to shout about, so I applaud their efforts in brining the European jet skiing championships to town, even if it does slightly inconvenience us.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

And ? I remember teams playing good fri Easter Saturday and Easter sunday. It's football , not a real job. Heaven forbid they did a shift and them work . He's a young lad and there's something wrong if he can't play . Teams play Saturday then Monday .. What's the difference ? Sunday / weds ?

Excuses .

They probably can, but they won't be at their physical best is what is being inferred.

And ? I remember teams playing good fri Easter Saturday and Easter sunday. It's football , not a real job. Heaven forbid they did a shift and them work . He's a young lad and there's something wrong if he can't play . Teams play Saturday then Monday .. What's the difference ? Sunday / weds ?

Excuses .

Valid points but the fact is in those circumstances it was the same for both teams.

Doncaster have an advantage if one of our key players is fatigued.

Annoyed about the move to Friday as it's an easy away game to get to from up here on a Saturday. Not ideal just 2 days after the internationals either. Hope Hanley and co mark better from set pieces than Scotland did last night.

Is 3,000 an estimate for the total crowd or our following. After only about 500 going to Carlisle I can't imagine more than 1,000 or so making the trip. Still, not bad for a night match.

As has already been pointed out, you have under estimated our support at Carlisle. The Lancs Telegraph confirmed just under 900 at Carlisle in the match report.

We took 2000 to Huddersfield on a Tuesday night last season. Granted Huddersfield is a little bit closer. A lot of fans dont realise this is not on tv. Likewise a lot like me wont bother getting in advance when there is a big allocation. I will stand by my original guess of 1500

As has already been pointed out, you have under estimated our support at Carlisle. The Lancs Telegraph confirmed just under 900 at Carlisle in the match report.

We took 2000 to Huddersfield on a Tuesday night last season. Granted Huddersfield is a little bit closer. A lot of fans dont realise this is not on tv. Likewise a lot like me wont bother getting in advance when there is a big allocation. I will stand by my original guess of 1500

Sounds like a Burnley thread. No way were there 900 at Carlisle.

From Carlisles own twitter feed it said 891 visiting fans in official crowd of 4372.. Hardly think they're going to add people on, unless Agnew is up there now :)

• Backroom

Bear in mind that we're good at counting in Scotland. LET is known for printing nonsence as well. Trust me.....

Ofc, Carlisle are going to tamper with numbers for our club's apparent benefit. Silly me.

cant see Evans or Henley playing. only just got back from Injury and NOT match fit yet.

My team would be:-

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr;

Lowe Cairney

Taylor Judge King

Rhodes

subs:- Eastwood, Henley, Songo'o, Dunn, Nunes, Best, Evans

I think Rovers will win 3-1 with Judge, Rhodes and Hanley scoring.

No way? On what basis?

I counted them in extra time & I'm sure I got up to about 800 ;)

Not sure if you were there but there were definitely more than 500 of us there.

Oh, and who's saying Givet should be on the bench tomorrow? No, nay, never. Shocking attitude. I'd rather play Gary Cahill (him of Kenny Miller embarrassment) play there.

Looking forward to tomorrow, & quietly confident.

Huge match tomorrow and we simply have to win.

The consequences of losing aren't worth thinking about.

Difficult to call - there's no doubt that Dickov will have Donny fired-up and that first goal is going to be so important.

I would go with:

Kean / Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr / Lowe / Taylor, Cairney, Judge / Dunn / Rhodes

Heart says Rovers, head says we wont win.

We should win this one but we rarely seem to win games we should win these days. It won't be easy but I reckon Rhodes will get on the score sheet. Just have a feeling Donny will score first and Rhodes will equalise to earn us a draw.

Team will most probably be:

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Taylor Lowe cairney judge

Best Rhodes

Looking are Doncaster`s likely line up and they are a very poor group of players. Real be worrying if we lose this one.

We should win this one but we rarely seem to win games we should win these days. It won't be easy but I reckon Rhodes will get on the score sheet. Just have a feeling Donny will score first and Rhodes will equalise to earn us a draw.

Team will most probably be:

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Taylor Lowe cairney judge

Best Rhodes

Looking at Doncaster`s likely line up and they are a very poor group of players. Really be worrying if we lose this one.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Evans Cairney

Taylor Dunn. Judge

Rhodes

Bench: Eastwood, Songo, Lowe, Nunes, King. Best

I'm with you as well. I'd start with that team.

Huge match tomorrow and we simply have to win.

The consequences of losing aren't worth thinking about.

I agree Mercerman ...

Hyenas will be circling over the carcass of Blackburn Rovers if we lose !

As for you two, bloody hell, get a grip. Have you relocated to Pune? Are you collecting Shebby from the airport? It used to be 10 games the take a look. We've brought in 11 new players, some haven't even been fit yet! League match 3 - everybody panic!

Archived