BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Leicester City - Sat 22nd March KO - 3pm

Id definitely push the boat out for Michael kean think he's been v good since joining us..

Also we are a completely different team when Lowe is not in CM.

We need a New RB because Henley is shocking and Kane is a liability..

Think Rhodes had a poor game as a all round footballer Gestede offers more..

Also think Feeney is not good enough personally be interested to see how Josh King performs and if he can be more consistent would be a major asset

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I thought Feeney did ok yesterday, fairly solid. Henley had a 'mare before going off injured, I thought Kane did quite well in his place. Agree with the sentiments on Michael Keane, the kid looks a class act on yesterday's evidence.

Conway was outstanding yesterday imo, a very good signing.

I thought Feeney did ok yesterday, fairly solid. Henley had a 'mare before going off injured, I thought Kane did quite well in his place. Agree with the sentiments on Michael Keane, the kid looks a class act on yesterday's evidence.

Conway was outstanding yesterday imo, a very good signing.

Conway was very good yesterday by far his best game for us ...

Feeney was a pointless signing same as Varney !

Firstly, Rovers defo deserved at least a point. our second half performance was excellent and that is the type of football we want to see. we pressed the ball quickly and higher up the pitch and didn't allow Leicester midfielders time on the ball. this is how we should play more at home.

Leicester 2 centre midfielders were allow far too much time on the ball. Leicester played a 4-4-2 formation and Nugent was clever enough just to drop into the space in between the back 4 and our centre midfielders. second half we sorted this out.

Keane was excellent again and Conway must deserve his MOTM award.

Gestede and Rhodes linked up better and are slowly developing a better understanding.

Fenney was ok. did the job he has to. decent player. nothing more tho

Henley was shocking again. at times he doesn't seem interested at all. very lazy at times yesterday.

Henley would be better suited as a winger to me. He does not have a defensive minded brain, he doesn't know when to get touch tight and when to press on, so many times have wingers received the ball and he's been 15 yards away... By the time he gets there a decent ball has already been whipped in.

I was just thinking that about Henley, he has a bit of pace and is always looking to go forward. Martin O mk2 perhaps lol. He's seriously uncomfortable at right back. If we could mould Lowe into a steady right back it would solve a few problems but it'll never ever happen under Bowyers watch.

• Backroom

It's not that Henley isn't interested Chaddy it's just he's clearly so scared to make a mistake he wants nothing to do with the ball if he can

Early on he had a good charge down the wing and put a good ball in and I thought it would do his confidence good then he made a mistake that led to the shot that ultimately led to the goal after more poor defending from Conway.

In the second half after this he just got rid of it as soon as he recieved the ball

In his defence he wasn't too scared to put the challenge in in the box that resulted in his injury he could have shied that one

Henley would be better suited as a winger to me. He does not have a defensive minded brain, he doesn't know when to get touch tight and when to press on, so many times have wingers received the ball and he's been 15 yards away... By the time he gets there a decent ball has already been whipped in.

That's how most full backs play these days. They're about 5 yards too near the centre backs. I can't understand it myself, I know it's all about supporting the centre halves. In my view you should never allow wingers the space to gather the ball, turn, and run at you. It's another modern trend I don't like.

With regard to Henley what's gone wrong ? He's gone backwards. After ability the next most important ingredient for a player is confidence, since his injury his confidence seems to have gone.

Leicester fans thought the Ref was abysmal too BTW.

The majority of them seemed to think we bullied them, long time since I heard that about a Rovers team, surely can't be true.

Can it ?

I'm only going off what they've been saying on 'Foxes Talk' which appears to be their largest MB.

WYR if they thought we bullied them yesterday they might as well forfeit their place in the premiership and give it to someone like Wigan :lol:

By the way it was good to meet up with Tom M yesterday in the BBE!.

Any coincidence that the team apparently looked more assured without Lowe in the side? Honest question.

Agree with that but we would have been more assured with Lowe at full back.

That's how most full backs play these days. They're about 5 yards too near the centre backs. I can't understand it myself, I know it's all about supporting the centre halves. In my view you should never allow wingers the space to gather the ball, turn, and run at you. It's another modern trend I don't like.

With regard to Henley what's gone wrong ? He's gone backwards. After ability the next most important ingredient for a player is confidence, since his injury his confidence seems to have gone.

Yes - I do wonder what has happened to Henley - when he first came on the scene - I thought he was going to be the next great thing to come from the Academy. One thing I have noticed - IMO he now plays with fear - when he first burst into the first team he was fearless. Early in his career he had several bursts down the wing - supporting the attack - these days he seems reticient to do this as much. Though what was interesting - in the second half when we generally played with a much higher line he joined in the attacking play far more often - could it be that the tendancy to sit back (which seemed to be a tactic in the Kean era - which seems to be our default mode at the moment when things are going wrong) has impacted his game ?

It's not that Henley isn't interested Chaddy it's just he's clearly so scared to make a mistake he wants nothing to do with the ball if he can

Early on he had a good charge down the wing and put a good ball in and I thought it would do his confidence good then he made a mistake that led to the shot that ultimately led to the goal after more poor defending from Conway.

In the second half after this he just got rid of it as soon as he recieved the ball

In his defence he wasn't too scared to put the challenge in in the box that resulted in his injury he could have shied that one

An interesting comparison yesterday was the performances of both right backs and their respective managers. For the first part of the second half Conway tortured De Laet to such a degree that he was substituted and replaced with another right back. I'm sure he wasn't injured but it seemed to me that Pearson knew that area left them vulnerable and exposed and took him off. If he hadn't got injured Henley would have played a full game. I was reminded to a degree of Bowyers stubbornness when Kean was costing us goals and points.

An interesting comparison yesterday was the performances of both right backs and their respective managers. For the first part of the second half Conway tortured De Laet to such a degree that he was substituted and replaced with another right back. I'm sure he wasn't injured but it seemed to me that Pearson knew that area left them vulnerable and exposed and took him off. If he hadn't got injured Henley would have played a full game. I was reminded to a degree of Bowyers stubbornness when Kean was costing us goals and points.

I completely agree with your last point about the similarities between Kean and Henleys form, I was just thinking the same this afternoon. I remember Bowyer even having a go at the fans for "getting on Keans back" yet no fan was getting pleasure from it they could see how much the lad was struggling. I don't know if it's blind loyalty to his youth players or not but if the fans can see the player is drowning why can't he.

• Backroom

A shame for the lad. Not good enough to be in the first eleven but would never have wished an injury upon him. Hope he recovers quickly and uses pre-season to try and improve his game in time for next season.

Todd Kane will come in, I suppose, which is unfortunate as he is no more the answer than Henley is. It only highlights that RB is a real problem position for us which needs to be addressed in the summer if we want to stand any chance of getting into the playoffs. I know people want Lowe to be played there but sadly it just isn't going to happen. We all know as soon as Jason is fit he'll be back into central midfield, so it's vital we get a decent right back in during the summer.

I know people want Lowe to be played there but sadly it just isn't going to happen. We all know as soon as Jason is fit he'll be back into central midfield, so it's vital we get a decent right back in during the summer.

What a desperately sad indictment of both Lowe's inadequacies and Bowyer's stubbornness.

:(

• Backroom

To be fair I'm not convinced Lowe is the answer at right back anyway. I'd pick him to play there over Henley or Kane, but that really isn't saying much. I'd still want a proper right back brought in this summer regardless.

Shame for the lad but if GB had had the same mentality as Pearson he wouldn't've been on the pitch to get injured!

This issue with ankle injuries is now starting to concern me. Are they doing something in training which either a) weakens the ankle or b.)doesn't strengthen it as it should?

2 or 3 is unlucky. 8? draw your own conclusions.

edit: why does this editor insist on putting an emoticon in when all I want is a letter b followed by closed brackets?! Aaarrrggh!

A shame for the lad. Not good enough to be in the first eleven but would never have wished an injury upon him. Hope he recovers quickly and uses pre-season to try and improve his game in time for next season.

Todd Kane will come in, I suppose, which is unfortunate as he is no more the answer than Henley is. It only highlights that RB is a real problem position for us which needs to be addressed in the summer if we want to stand any chance of getting into the playoffs. I know people want Lowe to be played there but sadly it just isn't going to happen. We all know as soon as Jason is fit he'll be back into central midfield, so it's vital we get a decent right back in during the summer.

there's always bradley :lol: :lol:

Archived