BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Reading Away

Just now, RV Blue said:

According to Tony Mowbray himself, this squad is capable of being on the verge of the playoffs, 2 wins in 9 is shocking if so. Of course it isn't his fault but the optimism after his appointment is rapidly falling away for me.

I don't think I was optimistic on his appointment.but I've been pleasantly surprised and he talks sense almost without fail.fairs fair.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm as negative as they come towards this lot, but realistically Reading away isn't the game you need to pick points up. We can still stay up comfortably as long as we beat Bristol at home and take a couple more draws on the way. 

Just now, RV Blue said:

According to Tony Mowbray himself, this squad is capable of being on the verge of the playoffs, 2 wins in 9 is shocking if so. Of course it isn't his fault but the optimism after his appointment is rapidly falling away for me.

Think he was just trying to instill some much needed confidence into the group. We've played 40 games and are third from bottom, so that is our true level and it will come down to the wire now.

I can't remember one single game we have killed off this season, we always seem to be late out of the starting blocks and finish games early. Not sure whether that's down to poor fitness levels, lack of professionalism and winning mentality, or lack of quality - or all of them.

The way this season has gone, getting anything from these last two games would have been a massive bonus. In a way we got the most positive realistic outcome, as we didn't lose any significant ground to the teams above us. I do however worry that Mowbray's defensive record, which was such a breath o fresh air after the Swiss cheese defense set up by Coyle, has started cracking a bit. 

• Backroom

Well on the bright side our two toughest (on paper) games are out of the way and only Burton have taken advantage.

Bristol will be feeling as low as possible after the hard work has been undone and Forest still aren't breathing easy.

Feel we just need to sneak a win Saturday and we can go on a decent run however failing to win will feel like a bodyblow.

Massive game Saturday now.

Just now, booth said:

Bristol have Wolves at the weekend who are playing well. We need to beat Barnsley and they have to take nothing from Wolves.

Those two things don't happen and we're almost definitely down.

We would still only be 2 points behind forest. So we would not be almost definitely down. 

For the record, I belive we will sneak a win Saturday. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We would still only be 2 points behind forest. So we would not be almost definitely down. 

For the record, I belive we will sneak a win Saturday. 

I'm judging it off having a morale sapping 3 defeats on the trot. As someone else said on here I don't like the idea of going into the game against Bristol behind them.

Brum currently sits at three wins in their last 22 games! They do have a six point cushion with as many games left to play, but faces a tricky run-in disregarding a gimme against Rotherham. In the end, we might be looking to their tailspin for a rescue. 

6 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

still up?! 

removed within 24hrs by venky lackys

A bit like your account. If you've going to sneak back in, at least make it a little bit challenging for us to spot who you were previously known as.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Can't really properly judge a manager when using someone else's players to be fair, but it has still been a less than convincing start.

We went 7 games unbeaten,ok Mowbray didn't get his subs right Preston and it cost us two points but at the same time if Gallagher had run the ball into the corner then we would probably still have won.Previous to that match,mowbrays subs gained us two points v Norwich and Fulham.We have just played Brighton who are top of the league and Reading who have been in the play offs all season and have the second best home record in the league.Where you expecting us to win both matches?

Just now, 47er said:

And look what Sam's done at Palace , (talking of good managers!)

Ones a crook and ones a decent manager working on a level playing field.

Just now, McClarky said:

Easter weekend should decide it for us. I reckon we'll scab it and end up staying up for another year.

It's been unbearable this season. Have to fear it would be worse next season.

Staying up as things stand would feel like promotion to the Championship but any euphoria would be short lived as we watch the players flee.

Potted Bowyer too late to make promotion possible. Potted Coyle too late to make relegation avoidable.

Just now, islander200 said:

We went 7 games unbeaten,ok Mowbray didn't get his subs right Preston and it cost us two points but at the same time if Gallagher had run the ball into the corner then we would probably still have won.Previous to that match,mowbrays subs gained us two points v Norwich and Fulham.We have just played Brighton who are top of the league and Reading who have been in the play offs all season and have the second best home record in the league.Where you expecting us to win both matches?

I would argue that Norwich going down to 10 won us the point there and I would also argue that he picked the wrong team to start against Fulham, Joao should have been straight in after scoring 2.

Beaten at Brighton and Reading - no surprises.

SaId for weeks, the last six games will be our salvation.

Think TM started with wrong team tonight.

Have also said all along, keeping Mulgrew fit would be key - a huge blow if out for any length of time.

No need to panic.  Manager, players and fans need to keep cool heads.

It will all come good.

Just now, McClarky said:

Easter weekend should decide it for us. I reckon we'll scab it and end up staying up for another year.

I agree if we lose to one of them were goosed. In fairness we have played two teams in the play offs in the last 2 games.

I hope we beat Barnsley and can pull clear. We'd need more than 6 points from six games.

That beating Bristol got could prove privitol 

Archived