BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Shadow of his former self so far. That injury cost us more than just a big transfer fee.

You're saying that after arguably his best, albeit brief performance since he came back?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Josh said:

You're saying that after arguably his best, albeit brief performance since he came back?

I think anyone who understands elite sport in the most basic terms would understand the days, weeks and months it’ll take to get over a full year off.

I did think he looked sharper last night too - I liked the way that the whole sale changes upfront gave us a completely different attack at an important juncture of the game.

Travis and Dack being fit are a huge part of our team and hopefully there is more to come.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Always remember Shearer being nursed back at the start of 1993/94, spent a fair few games just coming off the bench and he had only been out about half the time of Dack.

Remember him scoring as a sub vs Newcastle in 93(?) - they put on a load of reserve games too, I remember.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was there... as was my dad who you can see celebrating (bald head, yellow and black away shirt, 1:06).

Pretty sure I watched on Sky at my grandads - I went to the Newcastle away game in 91 and I’ve never been as cold 🥶!

3 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Surely you've been colder at the Reebok. Even in summer it was freezing

Birmingham at home last (or the year before) Christmas was a horrible one but the only thing I remember from that away trip (besides going past scotch corner and the angel of the north in a Nissan sunny) was the biting cold.. I was 6 😂 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Birmingham at home last (or the year before) Christmas was a horrible one but the only thing I remember from that away trip (besides going past scotch corner and the angel of the north in a Nissan sunny) was the biting cold.. I was 6 😂 

Coldest I've ever been was definitely that home game vs Brum. My jeans were almost frozen solid by the end of the game & I could hardly walk down the steps in the BBE at the end because my knees were so cold - didn't help throwing away a 2-0 lead!

I always used to scoff at people wearing thermals - I'm Northern, we're hard, they're for soft southern panisies. That game prompted my to go & buy a set for future games in freezing temperatures! I now don't care, I'm never being that cold again. If that makes me a soft southern shandy supping pansy, then so be it! 🥶😄

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Coldest I've ever been was definitely that home game vs Brum. My jeans were almost frozen solid by the end of the game & I could hardly walk down the steps in the BBE at the end because my knees were so cold - didn't help throwing away a 2-0 lead!

I always used to scoff at people wearing thermals - I'm Northern, we're hard, they're for soft southern panisies. That game prompted my to go & buy a set for future games in freezing temperatures! I now don't care, I'm never being that cold again. If that makes me a soft southern shandy supping pansy, then so be it! 🥶😄

Being sat down doesn't help in that respect. Previously you could always move around a bit to keep warm.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Being sat down doesn't help in that respect. Previously you could always move around a bit to keep warm.

That's true. The AJBell watching Sale is freezing at the best of times but you can shift position if you're in the end stands.