BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’s alright for one practice match, but it seems to me that the very idea of moving Bradley Dack further back, where he is likely to score less goals, seems to be completely counter productive.

Dack isn’t a creator, I mean he could probably do a job in that sort of role but I completely agree with you, the guy scores goals for fun in that 10 role! Interesting to see where he slots back into the side. 

28 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I now believe that he's our only hope of any play-off push, as it has been the genuine quality to do it when it matters, that we have lacked all season.    

Dack is an attacking player...I think we have excelled at attacking on the whole.  I can't understand your view here.  We need good fit defenders to get promoted.  Imagine Michael O'Neil with our squad.  He would get us up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dack is an attacking player...I think we have excelled at attacking on the whole.  I can't understand your view here.  We need good fit defenders to get promoted.  Imagine Michael O'Neil with our squad.  He would get us up.

Not with our defence he wouldn't

Against Huddersfield last season Holtby, Armstrong and Dack looked good as an attacking trio. I think as a front three Dack, Elliott and Armstrong could be an exciting prospect. Dack and Elliott are capable of interchanging roles so that no one has to stay wide and I'm hoping that Armstrong is.

Im just concerned that Mowbray will continue to try and shoehorn Gallagher into the XI and where will Brereton fits.

The key will be the midfield behind them and the full backs ability to support attacks

Interesting to see so many views on where Dack should play. IMO - getting this right is key to us getting promoted (may even be his best position is on the bench)

It is likely that Dack will have lost an edge of pace, which may be an issue.

I would try the false 9 again - and move Armstrong to wide forward. With the interchanging we often see - can't see this being an issue. My biggest issue is where do we play BB if Dack plays up front - as since lockdown he has been one of our most effective forwards - and prior to injury was starting to score again (didn't think I would ever write that sentence 😁).

As good as it is that Dack is getting to fitness - more excited about Travis returning.

• Like 1

Great news about the new contract for Dack but many questions to answer before we know if we are getting the same Bradley back. Post injury fitness, pace, confidence, form. New increased celebrity status - does he still have filming commitments ?  No Danny Graham to combine with - will he be as effective with Armstrong up front.

Fingers crossed he comes back firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1

I suspect we may see  Dack on the bench on Saturday .... more as a symbolic return (12 months since the injury) rather than a serious option. But may just get a morale boosting 5-10 mins at the end if things are going our way.

Edited by TonyM
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Dack linked up well with armstrong before his injury he was the only person who could get him in behind so I'm not too worried about that. I'd have him as one of the 2 centre mids. But if a slot was open  in the front line like it is currently wouldnt be opposed to giving him another go as a false 9

He was the only person that could get him in behind? Who has been supplying the buillets this season then?

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 09:05, TheRoversReturn said:

Absolutely no guarantee with an injury like Dack's that he'll be the same player once again.

We all hope of course, but pinning our promotion chances on his return would be quite the risky gamble. 

The cynic in me thinks that maybe he's signed again  because he's no longer confident that he'll be back to his previous standard. After all by all accounts he was on his way this time last year before the injury.

Better a bird in the hand than two in the bush.

Surprised to see there aren't any comments here since he made his return.

Thought he looked ready, probably needs to get some more minutes in him before he is starting again. I think he made a difference to our play once he came on, Brereton too. How much of that was a morale boost from them both returning is hard to say, but I thought Dack looked like he hasn't lost much through the injury. Easy to forget he is a much smarter player than quite a few others we have. How many goals he gets will depend on where he is used though.

On 25/12/2020 at 10:23, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The cynic in me thinks that maybe he's signed again  because he's no longer confident that he'll be back to his previous standard. After all by all accounts he was on his way this time last year before the injury.

Better a bird in the hand than two in the bush.

I think he will have a very reasonable release clause if we don't go up. 

He wouldn't have signed up if we could in theory have got in the way of a Premier league move 

2 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think he will have a very reasonable release clause if we don't go up. 

He wouldn't have signed up if we could in theory have got in the way of a Premier league move 

That's what I mean. It's dawned on him that the Premier League move isn't going to happen. In that case you may as well stay at the holiday camp that is Brockhall.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

A few earlier posts about him playing as a false 9 and shunting Arma outwide.

From memory, and I could be wrong, but we've played with the false 9 a few times with a number of different players (Holtby, Dack and Buckley) and it seems to fail more often than succeed.

I think Holtby scored 2 games running or something but I can't remember if he was a false 9 or not at the time.

I'd be very reluctant to shove Arma back outwide as well, where the number of good games he's had there you can count on 1 hand.

Dack is our best player by some distance, so if 4-3-3 doesn't suit, we need to revert back to 4-2-3-1.

It wouldn't be at the detriment of any other players as Mowbray constantly plays people out of position as it is and all but around 2 of our players (Nyambe & Kaminski) are incredibly inconsistent in our current set up. Rothwell would be probably the biggest casualty but he's just as inconsistent as the rest.

Edited by davulsukur

Ala Firminio, Salah and Mane? 

I think we'd do well playing 4231 the front 4 has real potential and dack is in the hole with our best striker in front of him. 

Kami

Nyambe Ayala Gally Whoever

Johnson Travis 

ET Donald Ben

Arma

He's got to go somewhere, before anyone asks haha. 

On 28/12/2020 at 17:55, Ulrich said:

Ala Firminio, Salah and Mane? 

I think we'd do well playing 4231 the front 4 has real potential and dack is in the hole with our best striker in front of him. 

Kami

Nyambe Ayala Gally Whoever

Johnson Travis 

ET Donald Ben

Arma

He's got to go somewhere, before anyone asks haha. 

ET is going to ring home first and make sure hes eligible to play ..dont want a bloody points deduction !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Two games now where Dack has come on and not made the slightest bit of difference.

Hopefully just a slow start but I wonder if that new contract was a little premature...

I don’t think Mowbray has a clue how to use him without Graham. He’ll revert to the fabled ‘false 9’ formation against Brum IMO to accommodate Dack and I’ll bet that won’t work. Again.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1