BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Al said:

We really need a centre forward. We can't afford to spend the last half hour of every match without a target man for an outlet and what if Graham is injured or suspended.

Agreed I meant McGinn if finances allowed us to do both.If only one then a striker 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ihtd said:

How the tables have turned. We’re discussing speculation after more speculation whilst the Dingles just dropped 15m on a Championship defender. 

Fwiw I hope McGinn is coming in and is better than some of the tripe we’ve purchased from the SPL in the past. 

We've actually done okay in retrospect with SPL signings. Its just some of our recent purchases who were trash (Goodwillie and Stokes)

Tugay, Mulgrew, Zurab, Amoruso, Furguson.... heck even Callum Davidson. Shay Given would have been excellent too if he'd been given a chance.

Ferguson was a case of right player, wrong time and Amoruso was probably too old at 32 and very injury prone. Zurab did a job when called upon and I think Tugay did okay too ;) 

We'll forget about the younger projects like McNamee, O'Brien and Greer.

Miles Anderson doesn't count.

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

We've actually done okay in retrospect with SPL signings. Its just some of our recent purchases who were trash (Goodwillie and Stokes)

Tugay, Mulgrew, Zurab, Amoruso, Furguson.... heck even Callum Davidson. Shay Given would have been excellent too if he'd been given a chance.

Ferguson was a case of right player, wrong time and Amoruso was probably too old at 32 and very injury prone. Zurab did a job when called upon and I think Tugay did okay too ;) 

We'll forget about the younger projects like McNamee, O'Brien and Greer.

Miles Anderson doesn't count.

Right player/wrong time = sh1t..It did with Ferguson anyway. What a waste of money...and oxygen!

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He also get sent off. Why would he come here as back up to Graham when he starts there?

I'm not saying he would come, I'm just saying if I could have any big lump in the league here, I'd have that big bastard.

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

I'm not saying he would come, I'm just saying if I could have any big lump in the league here, I'd have that big bastard.

I’d rather have that big lad from West Brom, would be as effective and probably a better footballer.

108932ED-6258-4709-B567-11D3421F50A1.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’d rather have that big lad from West Brom, would be as effective and probably a better footballer.

108932ED-6258-4709-B567-11D3421F50A1.jpeg

He'd be well placed to deflect in all Evans' wayward shots :lol: 

John Marquis from Doncaster must be our best options from lower leagues to replace Danny Graham. Suprised he hasn't gotten a Championship move yet. Good size, very mobile and can score with head and both feets.

Got 26 goals when they got promoted to League 1, and got 15 last season. Impressed me when we played them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

John Marquis from Doncaster must be our best options from lower leagues to replace Danny Graham. Suprised he hasn't gotten a Championship move yet. Good size, very mobile and can score with head and both feets.

Got 26 goals when they got promoted to League 1, and got 15 last season. Impressed me when we played them.

He bagged when they beat us 3-1 at Ewood last season, not a bad shout that too be fair. Interesting week coming up regardless. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Yes but more than we thought. I'd resigned myself to Armstrong coming in perm a cheap centre back and then loans. 

I want a centre forward brought in but if finances also allow McGinn then I think he would be a very good signing 

All depends on how much you thought really doesnt it. JB did say 10 million pounds as a season operating budget. 

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

At one point Mowbray was talking about getting mostly loans in so that's nonsense - even if that waa just playing the media game. 

Was he or was he just playing media games just like Mourinho and Rafa have recently

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends on how much you thought really doesnt it. JB did say 10 million pounds as a season operating budget. 

Was he or was he just playing media games just like Mourinho and Rafa have recently

A fugure plucked from thin air. He has said he has money, he has said he is dependant on loans. 

No one knows. What one person considers a big budget is another persons small budget. We will see by Thursday.

Edited by roversfan99

I've felt all along, a 10m TRANSFER(fees only) budget is a fair ask of Venkys for this level.. If that budget is being used for contract renewals of players already under contract, and wages for new signings, its not gonna go that far.. If it is the case, links to perm deals for the likes of mcginn and maddison are fanciful..