BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Lucas João came off he bench for Sheffield United and got an assist earlier today. If the owls were ready to part with him I think we could do way worse, massive potential  in that lad if he'd be given a it of confidence and a clear role in the team IMO. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Lucas João came off he bench for Sheffield United and got an assist earlier today. If the owls were ready to part with him I think we could do way worse, massive potential  in that lad if he'd be given a it of confidence and a clear role in the team IMO. 

Lads got ability but question marks on his atittude seemingly. Saying that though the few games I watched Wednesday on sky last season he ran himself into the ground and looked as much of a team player as anyone. I'd take him back over Gallagher if I had the choice definitely.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-mcginn-race-heats-up-13033937

Mentioned him a while ago, top player.

Would be an incredible signing but I think you would have maybe sell Smallwood and let Whittingham go.

The McGinn link is a weird one. What position is he? I know he’s a midfielder but is he going to sit in one of the two positions filled by Smallwood, Evans, Travis and Davenport or as one of the three attacking mids? I really can’t see us signing another DM. Also seems like Celtic are in the driving seat....BUT I don’t think the Daily Record is a ‘fake news’ outlet...so there probably is an interest. Be a fantastic signing too!

On a separate note, it would be a great bit of housekeeping if we could get rid of the likes of Hart, Caddis, Gladwin and Whittingham. Plus loaning out Nuttall (When reinforcements arrive) plus Tomlinson.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Nixon’s attempt at covering his tracks after saying we’d only be getting loans:

‘BLACKBURN. Venkys have had some profitable months ... so boosted Mowbray spending fund enough to do Armstrong deal’

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The McGinn link is a weird one. What position is he? I know he’s a midfielder but is he going to sit in one of the two positions filled by Smallwood, Evans, Travis and Davenport or as one of the three attacking mids? I really can’t see us signing another DM. Also seems like Celtic are in the driving seat....BUT I don’t think the Daily Record is a ‘fake news’ outlet...so there probably is an interest. Be a fantastic signing too!

On a separate note, it would be a great bit of housekeeping if we could get rid of the likes of Hart, Caddis, Gladwin and Whittingham. Plus loaning out Nuttall (When reinforcements arrive) plus Tomlinson.

We'll end up with a whole team of mid-fielders but deficiencies elsewhere!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-mcginn-race-heats-up-13033937

Mentioned him a while ago, top player.

Would be an incredible signing but I think you would have maybe sell Smallwood and let Whittingham go.

Well that is a strange link. Suddenly we are linked to the second coming of Jesus (according to Hibs fans) and valued at 4 million. Big contrast from being linked to League 2 players at least. 

Seems totally unrealistic to pull this off, the transfer fee, Celtic being confident of getting him and player wanting to come here. Brighton is also heavily linked. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

McGinn would be a coup signing but it's possible his agent has put it out with the Mowbray hibs link and the fact we've recently played them to gee Celtic or whoever else to put in a more attractive bid 

Celtic have been faffing aboot with this all summer. Offered 1.25m, then 1.5m then aren’t going higher. Player is out of contract next summer. He is worth more to Hibs to play for one season, than 1.5m. Also St Mirren are due a slice of his next transfer fee.

His correct title is Super John McGinn. Can’t think of a better player to be your box to box midfielder in behind Dack. Same age too.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

‘BLACKBURN. Venkys have had some profitable months ... so boosted Mowbray spending fund enough to do Armstrong deal’

That’s just utter shite from Nixon trying to back himself after saying we didn’t have a pot to piss in all summer. He’s such a bell.

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Celtic have been faffing aboot with this all summer. Offered 1.25m, then 1.5m then aren’t going higher. Player is out of contract next summer. He is worth more to Hibs to play for one season, than 1.5m. Also St Mirren are due a slice of his next transfer fee.

His correct title is Super John mcGinn. Can’t think of a better player to be your box to box midfielder in behind Dack. Same age too.

Ahhh ok so he would play as one of the two then? Really can’t see this happening. Would have to sell Whittingham and loan one of Davenport or Travis to even fit him in.

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahhh ok so he would play as one of the two then? Really can’t see this happening. Would have to sell Whittingham and loan one of Davenport or Travis to even fit him in.

Our problem is we have plenty of midfielders...but are any of them actually good enough? 

Whittingham disappointing -legs gone?

Travis -promising but untested

Davenport - as above

Smallwood - good bench player at this level.

Evans - rarely delivers often injured.

None of them are box to box either. 

Would be good to get some quality in there -but we can say that about all areas of the pitch.

Interesting that Sharpe reckons that Armstrong isn't the striker replacement for Graham and we are still after one. Seems to think that the Armstrong deal was too good to pass on.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2

While we are well stocked in CM McGin would be an increidible signing as he would be far superior to anything we have for that position. 

Strangely tho it's probably our best stocked position, so surely someone would have to leave.

Thinking realistically tho that link isn't likely to have any kind of substance and I'm pretty sure Brighton are close to agreeing a fee. Can't see it happening especially as I imagine forward areas are a priority. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Can we bring back the laughing reaction just for this post?

?

• Like 1