BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I no idea how we can start saying this team will be challenge or not at this stage. 

It will be interesting to see how Hughton does when he won't have loads to spend like his days at Brighton. 

He will be well backed by Lansdown. And he didn't spend loads to get Brighton promoted.

30 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He will be well backed by Lansdown. And he didn't spend loads to get Brighton promoted.

I read an article in the Bristol post about the criteria that the new head coach would have to fit to like Working on strict budget, possible sales, Bringing through young players there. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I read an article in the Bristol post about the criteria that the new head coach would have to fit to like Working on strict budget, possible sales, Bringing through young players there. 

Yet despite that it appears Hughton is prepared to go and manage them. Why couldn't we get him then?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Superb? well over the top. very decent appointment

Very decent appointment but can he make it work at Bristol City. Will he be allow to bring his own staff in like Paul Trollope who is always on his staff? 

We will find out how good of a coach he is. 

We know how good a coach Hughton is.  Proven track record, far better than Mowbray's.

I bet you, however much money you want to bet, not only will they finish higher than Rovers next season but they will finish in top 6.

A club with massive potential.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Yet despite that it appears Hughton is prepared to go and manage them. Why couldn't we get him then?

We could if we really wanted to. I'm fairly certain if we were ambitious enough, with a transfer kitty or managers salary, we could attract a lot of the names that get floated around on here.

Its just we are run by terrible owners who look to either do things on the cheap or get told who to appoint by some shady agency.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We know how good a coach Hughton is.  Proven track record, far better than Mowbray's.

I bet you, however much money you want to bet, not only will they finish higher than Rovers next season but they will finish in top 6.

A club with massive potential.

He's operating at a level above our guy, that's for sure.

• Like 1

• Backroom

So as it stands Hull, Wigan and Charlton are relegated, apart from Hull the other two could still potentially get out of it.

Charlton - if Sheffield Wednesday get a 12 point deduction then they replace Charlton in the bottom 3, subject to appeal of course 

Wigan - if they win their appeal then Barnsley go down instead of them, no further appeals allowed after that decision

So amazingly it’s still 2 from Charlton, Wigan, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

So as it stands Hull, Wigan and Charlton are relegated, apart from Hull the other two could still potentially get out of it.

Charlton - if Sheffield Wednesday get a 12 point deduction then they replace Charlton in the bottom 3, subject to appeal of course 

Wigan - if they win their appeal then Barnsley go down instead of them, no further appeals allowed after that decision

So amazingly it’s still 2 from Charlton, Wigan, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday 

I don't think Barnsley will go down without a fight if Wigan get let off. It will be CAS time and they have owners with pockets deep enough to do it.

Getting ahead of myself maybe but next  season is looking like bad news for Waggott and handing over the Darwen End to big away followings. 

A run through of the likely clubs in the Championship and it is also bad news for those "we are only a small club" people.

When it is Wycombe v Luton, Brentford v Bournemouth and Rotherham v Barnsley let's discuss how Blackburn Rovers are a small club at this level.

With the exceptions of Derby, Forest, Wednesday and arguably Stoke and Norwich I'm not sure where the bigger clubs than us are. They don't exist despite some people's obsession with putting us down.

It is there for the taking. No 'giant' to hide behind and make excuses about next season.

• Like 7

Chris Hughton is not the only candidate Bristol City are interviewing for the vacant head coach’s role at Ashton Gate with the club hierarchy speaking to as many as eight applicants. 

Reports on Thursday, via Talksport and the Daily Mail, claiming that Hughton has "agreed" to take over and that he could be announced as early as Saturday are wide of the mark, and confirmation of the new man in charge at City will not happen until next week, at the earliest.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-chris-hughton-among-eight-4359580