BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

I wonder if the call was made by the agent, who was working for nothing at the time, who got the place rocking? After all his son came in, who played in the same position as Ryan and was surely an upgrade, just a late developer. He is developing very well at Braintree right now I believe.

This is almost certainly still going on, under the guise, of the players have been offered a good contract, but won't sign.

Now at his 16th different club over a 10 year period.

He has never again reached the heights of that 'tackle' for which no known proof exists apart from the words od charlatans and spivs.

His bought for football career will look good on his CV in whatever shady side of football comes next.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Now at his 16th different club over a 10 year period.

He has never again reached the heights of that 'tackle' for which no known proof exists apart from the words od charlatans and spivs.

His bought for football career will look good on his CV in whatever shady side of football comes next.

Shhh, we may have a manager vacancy soon don't give them ideas.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

You said you were convinced someone else was calling the shots and there was a cryptic message that we'd get more of the same if he left. I take that as he's saying don't blame me.

I don't think it's that complicated as he's got a history of doing just as poorly at other clubs.

I did say and for clarity, I am not defending Mowbray saying that. I agree fully that he has form elsewhere making a mess and can't abide by what he says and what he does anymore. 

Yes I am convinced that someone else is calling the shots, as in I firmly believe there is still someone in the background, doing things like the earlier Ryan Nelsen video describes. 

As for Mowbray, I think he has fully lost the plot and probably the dressing room too. Irrespective on any interference, he is not up to the job.

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

I did say and for clarity, I am not defending Mowbray saying that. I agree fully that he has form elsewhere making a mess and can't abide by what he says and what he does anymore. 

Yes I am convinced that someone else is calling the shots, as in I firmly believe there is still someone in the background, doing things like the earlier Ryan Nelsen video describes. 

As for Mowbray, I think he has fully lost the plot and probably the dressing room too. Irrespective on any interference, he is not up to the job.

I think the only interference right now is that they don't want to give him a lot of money to spend and they are seeing out his contract. I'm guessing that they feel they gave him a lot of money to spend, and along with his own weighty pay pack the return hasn't justified it.

But I'll never know what Venky's penchant is for failed managers so you may be right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes its 20 clubs, I think 17 different ones.

Yeah I got it wrong it's 19. But look at Aldershot. He went there in 2012 after Rovers, 7 appearances. Then they took him back in 2019, 4 appearances.

Bit spooky that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Yeah I got it wrong it's 19. But look at Aldershot. He went there in 2012 after Rovers, 7 appearances. Then they took him back in 2019, 4 appearances.

Bit spooky that one.

20 if you include his starter club, Orient.

Whatever the number is its a lot! LoL

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

I can't see it, Salgado was an Allardyce/Williams signing and 34 (I think) at the time. Venkys said themselves they were looking to buy young and "lease" players. That was obviously put into their heads by some spiv advisor.

So I can see why they would come to the conclusion that they wouldn't want to throw money away on ageing superstars.

I can't see why they wouldn't want to extend the contracts of some of our players now who they'll be able to sell on for a decent fee. It doesn't make sense even for them.

I am pretty sure that Salgado offered to waive the clause being triggered, to pitch in and help with the relegation battle. He was still frozen out though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah I agree, just posted if someone on here had heard similar

Have heard the same but I wouldn't hold too much store by it as I don't know if it originated from the same source.

It looks to me like he's been trying everything he can to get sacked and paid off since the second half of last season but no matter what he does the bullet isn't forthcoming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I am pretty sure that Salgado offered to waive the clause being triggered, to pitch in and help with the relegation battle. He was still frozen out though.

Yes apparently so but I doubt that was ever relayed back to the owners. At the time I knew a few people in the know and it was shocking how the club was being ran. The fact that the chairman was having to write to the owners and ask what was going on says it all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Twitter rumour (so probably bullplop) but apparently Mowbray hasn't been taking training for the last couple of days.

Screenshot_20211106-123853_Twitter.jpg

I spoke with Steve Waggot today after the game. It’s true that TM hasn’t taken any training since the defeat. He’s been in meetings. But he did pick the team - SW said that he was surprised with how attacking it was because “his (TM) job was on the line”

Wouldnt be drawn on it any further. But did provide an update on the soon to be out of contract lot….Interesting. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I spoke with Steve Waggot today after the game. It’s true that TM hasn’t taken any training since the defeat. He’s been in meetings. But he did pick the team - SW said that he was surprised with how attacking it was because “his (TM) job was on the line”

Wouldnt be drawn on it any further. But did provide an update on the soon to be out of contract lot….Interesting. 

Not going to elaborate?

• Like 2