BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Happy Kean Out Day

16 hours ago, nuttyrover said:

I find it hard to hate any manager tbh. I think every one who comes here does their best. Like anything in life sometimes it just doesn’t work out. Kean no different.

I think the protests were well-intentioned but misguided. It sowed discord among our fanbase at a time when there should’ve been a concerted effort to back t’Rovers. I certainly wouldn’t deny anyone their right to protest but ultimately what did it achieve? 

At least it’s all history now. 

Oh please. This must be a wind up.

As for it being history, we are still living with then legacy of what happened un Kean.

Protesting was/is  the only option for fans to make their views felt. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, nuttyrover said:

I find it hard to hate any manager tbh. I think every one who comes here does their best. Like anything in life sometimes it just doesn’t work out. Kean no different.

I think the protests were well-intentioned but misguided. It sowed discord among our fanbase at a time when there should’ve been a concerted effort to back t’Rovers. I certainly wouldn’t deny anyone their right to protest but ultimately what did it achieve? 

It would be if, one, the destruction he, his handlers and Venkys caused was reversed and, two, people didn’t try to patronise with stupid posts like yours.

Either you were just as pompous back then when we actually needed fans to stand together, or you were too young and/or naive to understand.

”Well-intentioned and misguided” indeed.

• Like 2

On 20/12/2020 at 00:01, nuttyrover said:

The part about Kean is ridiculous.

Kean was given the top job when his prior experience and knowledge didn’t warrant it. 

He was given the job in a “cloak and dagger” style way, used as a method for getting certain agents players into the club and ultimately into a shop window.

On top of that, he wasn’t humble, he wasn’t a good tactical manager, the squad looked unfit, fell out, one by one removed and replaced by a “Bradley Sore”

Most Rovers fans would find it insulting to hear he “no different” in response to a bloke who effectively tied up £100 million+ In wages before he “resigned with a pay off”...

The annoying thing to read on this website is, in my opinion, people who don’t realise what a “bad manager” is, don’t remember what damage Kean and Co did, and don’t respect just how difficult and long it’s taken to be even within touching distance of the playoffs.

Mowbray has done a wonderful job for me, even if I think it might be time up for him next summer if we’re mid table come May - one of the most wonderful aspects of his impact is helping people seemingly forget just how bad it was back then!

• Like 1

Very fair points @JBiz Kean is incomparable to Mowbray and all who are sane would agree with that. A stain on the history of this club.

I am keen however not to allow Keans era to become a benchmark, in the same way that players being praised merely for trying their hardest even if not up to the job, or the owners not allowing us to cease to exist is not worthy of praise. We can set higher standards than that without fearing being deemed unrealistic. Something you touch upon by suggesting that should we finish mid table that Mowbray should go. I am unconvinced it would be productive to even give him that long to be honest, based on what I have seen I think Mowbray having done a good job may have gone as far as he can but either way there is a standard there that ensures that merely not being Steve Kean is not a good enough standard.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very fair points @JBiz Kean is incomparable to Mowbray and all who are sane would agree with that. A stain on the history of this club.

I am keen however not to allow Keans era to become a benchmark, in the same way that players being praised merely for trying their hardest even if not up to the job, or the owners not allowing us to cease to exist is not worthy of praise. We can set higher standards than that without fearing being deemed unrealistic. Something you touch upon by suggesting that should we finish mid table that Mowbray should go. I am unconvinced it would be productive to even give him that long to be honest, based on what I have seen I think Mowbray having done a good job may have gone as far as he can but either way there is a standard there that ensures that merely not being Steve Kean is not a good enough standard.

Agree with lots but I’m not sure anyone believes it’s either Mowbray or someone like Kean.

I think most just see that Kean was a symptom of the way the club was run. 

One aspect I think you are right on; the level of confidence a supporter has in the potential of our owners / directors making the right choice WILL play into any mindset or view on the current managers job “security”.

I still feel there is a potential for another “shyster” but I hope the owners have learnt that lesson.

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Agree with lots but I’m not sure anyone believes it’s either Mowbray or someone like Kean.

I think most just see that Kean was a symptom of the way the club was run. 

One aspect I think you are right on; the level of confidence a supporter has in the potential of our owners / directors making the right choice WILL play into any mindset or view on the current managers job “security”.

I still feel there is a potential for another “shyster” but I hope the owners have learnt that lesson.

Definitely, the fact that the owners appointed Coyle as the manager before Mowbray, who whilst not having the corrupt undertones that Kean had was as bad in every way a choice as they could have made, seemingly done amidst turmoil with a late change from a very good manager in Warnock to a cheap option who couldnt be more unpopular, there is always scope for that to happen again.

I just personally cannot embrace keeping the status quo purely out of fear of impending disaster, for one if that is to happen isnt it delaying the inevitable anyway? Its blind faith but of course any idea to sack Mowbray is coupled with replacing him with an upgrade. Likelihood? No idea! But I genuinely do appreciate the fear with these owners for whom many may have forgotten or prematurely forgiven a little too much.

9 hours ago, JBiz said:

The part about Kean is ridiculous.

Kean was given the top job when his prior experience and knowledge didn’t warrant it. 

He was given the job in a “cloak and dagger” style way, used as a method for getting certain agents players into the club and ultimately into a shop window.

On top of that, he wasn’t humble, he wasn’t a good tactical manager, the squad looked unfit, fell out, one by one removed and replaced by a “Bradley Sore”

Most Rovers fans would find it insulting to hear he “no different” in response to a bloke who effectively tied up £100 million+ In wages before he “resigned with a pay off”...

The annoying thing to read on this website is, in my opinion, people who don’t realise what a “bad manager” is, don’t remember what damage Kean and Co did, and don’t respect just how difficult and long it’s taken to be even within touching distance of the playoffs.

Mowbray has done a wonderful job for me, even if I think it might be time up for him next summer if we’re mid table come May - one of the most wonderful aspects of his impact is helping people seemingly forget just how bad it was back then!

There are a lot of conspiracy theories about what happened back then but where's the proof? Hearsay is inadmissible as evidence. 

As a supporter, I don't think turning on the owners or the current manager is ever the answer. It defies logic to think anyone at the club wanted us to be relegated. Instead of working together, the camp was split. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely, the fact that the owners appointed Coyle as the manager before Mowbray, who whilst not having the corrupt undertones that Kean had was as bad in every way a choice as they could have made, seemingly done amidst turmoil with a late change from a very good manager in Warnock to a cheap option who couldnt be more unpopular, there is always scope for that to happen again.

I just personally cannot embrace keeping the status quo purely out of fear of impending disaster, for one if that is to happen isnt it delaying the inevitable anyway? Its blind faith but of course any idea to sack Mowbray is coupled with replacing him with an upgrade. Likelihood? No idea! But I genuinely do appreciate the fear with these owners for whom many may have forgotten or prematurely forgiven a little too much.

"We will never prosper with Venkys"  that's the sad truth and the whole truth. A good manager would see us prosper for a while though and we need a lift.

That Anderson had a contract to run Blackburn Rovers and Kean was Anderson's client most people would accept as a matter of record.

That and the consequential dismantling of Rovers in a few horrendous months puts Kean beyond any forgiveness or rehabilitation.

There are quite a few of us aware of allegations, some with documentary evidence, beginning a year before Kean was appointed Manager continuing to when he went which cannot be written on here.

Mentally totting up, I can think of six separate alleged facts people much closer to the club than me have privately discussed. All except perhaps one (which would have endangered the source had it been disclosed) have been presented to powers that be and not met with the sort of outrage and doubts about the speaker's sanity type of reactions I fully expected.

And I will suggest one additional pointer which has appeared on this message board many times. Kean's weird relegation clauses in his obscenely lucrative Managerial contract which most people could easily read as rewarding him for taking us down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nuttyrover said:

There are a lot of conspiracy theories about what happened back then but where's the proof? Hearsay is inadmissible as evidence. 

Absolute nonsense.

Conspiracy theories? You're having a laugh, there was nothing theoretical about anything; it was just nobody had deep enough pockets to take the bastards on!

Was Paul Hunt's letter theoretical?  Was Steve Kean's contract theoretical? etc....

Don't be deluded: These people had the 'keys to the safe', that was a bottomless pit of money at that time and trust me, they did  take full advantage.

If you want to carry on kidding yourself and/or make pathetic attempts to wind people up, then cart on.

Another thing that seems to be creeping in. We can’t fall into the trap of judging managers against Steve Kean. Because as soon as we get a failing manager if apply the logic well he’s better than Kean we will never sack a manager ever again. Everybody we will have is better than Kean. A decade later Kean still wins if the spectre of merely not having him is enough and will prevent the club from progressing. 

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, philipl said:

That Anderson had a contract to run Blackburn Rovers and Kean was Anderson's client most people would accept as a matter of record.

That and the consequential dismantling of Rovers in a few horrendous months puts Kean beyond any forgiveness or rehabilitation.

There are quite a few of us aware of allegations, some with documentary evidence, beginning a year before Kean was appointed Manager continuing to when he went which cannot be written on here.

Mentally totting up, I can think of six separate alleged facts people much closer to the club than me have privately discussed. All except perhaps one (which would have endangered the source had it been disclosed) have been presented to powers that be and not met with the sort of outrage and doubts about the speaker's sanity type of reactions I fully expected.

And I will suggest one additional pointer which has appeared on this message board many times. Kean's weird relegation clauses in his obscenely lucrative Managerial contract which most people could easily read as rewarding him for taking us down.

If you know something, but can’t say anything on here, can you just not mention it at all?

• Moderation Lead
14 hours ago, nuttyrover said:

As a supporter, I don't think turning on the owners or the current manager is ever the answer. It defies logic to think anyone at the club wanted us to be relegated. Instead of working together, the camp was split. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Can you stop trolling people now please?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nuttyrover said:

There are a lot of conspiracy theories but I tend to ignore them and just go off what I know is fact.

1. Should’ve never been give the job. It only happened because links to advisor of owner https://thesetpieces.com/latest-posts/steve-kean-ex-blackburn-bosss-clucking-nightmare-allardyces-replacement/

2. He instantly got rid of leaders in the club like Nelson - here’s more examples of “damning” actions https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-kean-20-damning-quotes-823871

3. Pundits and managers criticised fans https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16284988

4. Drunk driving and slagging off old manager on film https://consent.yahoo.com/v2/collectConsent?sessionId=3_cc-session_b60770da-8eee-4a82-a844-0f83b6071ea1

Now that’s just 4 examples of actual stuff that went on. Funnily enough to some extent I agree - I never thought protesting should’ve happened in the ground like it did.

But I can fully understand why. My response at the time was to miss around 50% of my season tickets games because I simply couldn’t face what SK and the “advisors” had done to the club in 6 months

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I’m not sure you can call being uninformed trolling.

If it is - about 50% of the website need removing 😉 

I wasn’t talking about that post in isolation....

There was very little organised  ‘protesting’ in the ground, that was mainly done by a few hardy souls elsewhere. 

Spontaneous eruptions of anger was all we really saw in Ewood - Bolton, West Brom, Swansea, Wigan games - that was to be expected by any crowd.

• Like 1