BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

is he someone who has been mention to you from your contacts at the club?

No, was just told that it was more than likely our next keeper would be coming from abroad and cheap. Mentioned that Russian lad from the Swiss league so not surprised it’s a European league keeper. 

Would not be surprised if our second keeper was someone experienced and free - like rob Elliot 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No, was just told that it was more than likely our next keeper would be coming from abroad and cheap. Mentioned that Russian lad from the Swiss league so not surprised it’s a European league keeper. 

Would not be surprised if our second keeper was someone experienced and free - like rob Elliot 

Thanks for the reply..

Any more info? 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the reply..

Any more info? 

My info isn’t that reliable these days, Covid playing havoc. Free’s and cheap European I believe is what we will see. We are still short in a lot of areas, all across defence, wingers and a replacement for graham. I expect another 4, 2 loans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

DG has signed for Sunderland, for anyone interested

That’s like buying a mix of 30 goals and assists in that league, but surprised he went back.

Unfinished business I suppose. Hope the fans get behind him.

26 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

My info isn’t that reliable these days, Covid playing havoc. Free’s and cheap European I believe is what we will see. We are still short in a lot of areas, all across defence, wingers and a replacement for graham. I expect another 4, 2 loans 

We have never played with wingers under Mowbray so don't think that's an area we'll be strengthening.

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Because you pay him £500pw (or pay as you play) as a player and £7,000pw as a coach. Coaching wages don't count towards your FFP bill. A loophole thats been exposed on a few occasions. 

Youth development is an allowable expense pursuant to FFP but not coaching per se. 

A79788B9-9832-4229-A46B-AF0945C2039D.jpeg

1276E891-E814-4696-8042-18F8F903FC1B.jpeg

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

That’s like buying a mix of 30 goals and assists in that league, but surprised he went back.

Suppose its not a problem anymore! Even if fans can come back soon, it will be a small percentage all wearing face masks.

I dont think hes capable of getting those numbers physically any more.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Suppose its not a problem anymore! Even if fans can come back soon, it will be a small percentage all wearing face masks.

I dont think hes capable of getting those numbers physically any more.

His intelligence and link up is as good as ever (when the ball is near him), and I wouldn’t trust any of our current squad more with a clear cut chance.

Already on Twitter Sunderland fans slagging him off - they will eat their words.

Find Graham, find goals.

It’s probably a blessing everything is BCD because he can look a lazy arse nowadays, but if there’s a long clearance on a cold Jan night in Gillingham - you want DG.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

His intelligence and link up is as good as ever (when the ball is near him), and I wouldn’t trust any of our current squad more with a clear cut chance.

Already on Twitter Sunderland fans slagging him off - they will eat their words.

Find Graham, find goals.

Its fine to moan and whinge on twitter and on messageboard to be fair, and he wont be getting stick in the stadium any time soon, its up to him if he signs to start well and then when fans can come back, he will have grown on them! Can understand their reluctance, they already have immobile strikers and he was awful for them last time

I am not sure. He does have the intelligence but he looked a different player last season, at that age, you can suddenly decline. I suppose he wasnt helped by not starting regularly and that goalscoring instinct wont have changed but to suddenly start scoring again, even at a lower league? Unconvinced.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

We would have been lucky to get 50k for Platt.

I can't be assed trawling through posts to find it, but you did more than once say that Venkys come out with a statement about the budget every season.

And who have we sold  in the last 3 years to fund Gallagher, Brereton, Armstrong, Holtby (signing on fee), Davenport,Tosin(loan fee),Walton(loan fee), Johnson (signing on fee)?

You are talking nonsense

Why are you still going on about Platt and his transfer fee? I've already written that I believe it's 'gone' and is not available to help fund transfers in. I've never said that Venkys state how much the transfer budget is going to be, aside from that statement when they took us over. The ticket office in their letter to @arbitro described us as ';cash strapped'. On that basis, I don't believe there is a transfer budget or money to fund loans.

I wrote 'to pay bills' not to 'fund transfers. I've not seen anything to indicate that Mowbray has had to sell anyone to pay a bill or fund a transfer or loan.

@RuaneyWe go for weeks without signing anyone, despite rumours of talks and bids.Then we have some extra sponsorship money and have a bid accepted. I think it reasonable to conclude that there's a connection. Despite you and @islander200 not knowing how much Totally Wicked pay in sponsorship, announce that it's impossible for them to have funded a transfer.

Now,I don't believe that the State Bank of India agreed to extend their overdraft facility to the club in January of this year. I believe that far from paying off the overdraft, Venkys ran it up. I believe that the Bank is now in the same position as Barclays were and have cut off borrowings and called the whole sum due, immediately. I don't believe they've initiated liquidation proceedings, yet. I don't believe we have alternative sources of borrowing or that Venkys does either, from what @phili has written. Now may regard that what I have written is 'tosh'; It is however my opinion.

It is my right to express an opinion without having it dismissed as 'tosh', 'ridiculous' or 'rubbish'.

I'm sure the club hopes to make sponsors of all the companies it is talking with.It is my opinion that money raised will be used to fund transfer/loan activity, because there's no other source.

Edited by Richard Oakley
  • Like 1

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Why are you still going on about Platt and his transfer fee. I've already written that I believe it's 'gone' and is not available to help fund transfers in. I've never said that Venkys state how much the transfer budget is going to be, aside from that statement when they took us over. The ticket office in their letter to @arbitro described us as ';cash strapped'. On that basis, I don't believe there is a transfer budget or money to fund loans.

I wrote 'to pay bills' not to 'fund transfers. I've not seen anything to indicate that Mowbray has had to sell anyone to pay a bill or fund a transfer or loan.

@RuaneyWe go for weeks without signing anyone, despite rumours of talks and bids.Then we have some extra sponsorship money and have a bid accepted. I think it reasonable to conclude that there's a connection. Despite you and @islander200 not knowing how much Totally Wicked pay in sponsorship, announce that it's impossible for them to have funded a transfer.

Now,I don't believe that the State Bank of India agreed to extend their overdraft facility to the club in January of this year. I believe that far from paying off the overdraft, Venkys ran it up. I believe that the Bank is now in the same position as Barclays were and have cut off borrowings and called the whole sum due, immediately. I don't believe they've initiated liquidation proceedings, yet. I don't believe we have alternative sources of borrowing or that Venkys does either, from what @phili has written. Now may regard that what I have written is 'tosh'; It is however my opinion.

It is my right to express an opinion without having it dismissed as 'tosh', 'ridiculous' or 'rubbish'.

I'm sure the club hopes to make sponsors of all the companies it is talking with.It is my opinion that money raised will be used to fund transfer/loan activity, because there's no other source.

I think you are way off kilter there with your bank assumptions not sure what leads you to that conclusion.

• Like 4

• Backroom

If DG was going to sign for a L1 club then he probably didn't have that many options in terms of getting a decent wage. It was likely between Sunderland and Ipswich, and the latter are going to struggle as it is to balance their books going forward with the salary cap. If he has signed for Sunderland then I think it's a great signing for them. Even as a rotational option he will likely be well worth his weight in goals and assists over the course of a season. 

Like most I know absolutely nothing about Kaminski but I'm just relieved that it looks like we aren't even considering bringing Walton back. With the way this season ended there was no way our team could trust him between the sticks. Better for him and us that he moves on elsewhere.

• Like 3

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

We sold Platt btw??

Yes I think he went back to Barrow where he was on loan. Think it's fair since there is several youngster higher rated and a raft of centre-back talents coming through from the U-18/U-23 as well. 

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don't think he is hitting those numbers anymore. Pretty sure he didn't hit that last time he was down there with us either?

Given his ageing legs and reduced ability to last 90 minutes, he will do well to hit more than half of that. His sole value isn't in assists and goals of course, he is a useful foil in general, and a good outlet for long ball proponents. Solid signing but I honestly don't think hes going to set the league alight there. Maybe if he is highly motivated by his failure there before.

Just now, briansol said:

Yes I think he went back to Barrow where he was on loan. Think it's fair since there is several youngster higher rated and a raft of centre-back talents coming through from the U-18/U-23 as well. 

Fair dos. He wasn’t bad though.

100% he ends up as another Jack O’Connell just to piss us off.

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

We sold Platt btw??

Yes, but to Barrow, newly promoted to League Two. Undisclosed but probably not a fee that is going to put a dent in anything. Expect there would be a sell on too, but he doesn't strike me as a lad with a massively bright future. Good luck to him though.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Jason Brown, Paul Robinson, Mark Bunn, Grzegorz Sandomierski and Simon Eastwood at the quality they were when we signed them would walk into the current Rovers team.

Nice sidestep there.

Brown and Eastwood were both pap btw, so that's a damning indictment of modern Rovers.