BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, rigger said:

Because in your post you mentioned our European scouts bearing fruit.

Wasn't my post 

Ya, so don't get how this is low hanging fruit? Seems like a really good transfer. Has played for big clubs, won stuff, played in Europe. Capped at all under age levels for Belgium. Fallen out of favour, but better than what I was expecting us to sign.  

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Think some of the euphoria surrounding this potential Kaminski deal is a bit OTT, at this stage I think we would all be happy with someone with a pulse by this stage, and we still have to agree personal terms.

That said, he's an ideal age, permanent and anyone coming in has the considerable advantage that they aren't bloody Walton and are going to appear like Gordon Banks in comparison as long as they perform to a reasonable standard.

The bits that caught my eye about the article were that he is in the last year of his contract and had been dropped following a series of mistakes so there is a possibility that we might be picking up a Raya style bargain with his contract situation and with him having fallen out of favour with management etc

Overall then reasonably promising - if it goes through. Not sure a fee initially reported at 500 k euros is evidence of a particularly large transfer budget however, no-one has ever said there's no money whatsoever as far as I can recall, just that money is exceptionally tight. We should also have earned ourselves a bit of wiggle room by seven players having gone out so it may simply be a case that the playing budget is similar to or slightly reduced from  last season when we didn't spend anything on teansfer fees but since then we've shed a few off the wage bill.

Lol , "euphoria" Had to stop reading after that ?

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's almost as if you are happy to hear this ?

Surely that can't be the case? 

As someone who invests a lot of his time and money into following Rovers, I can confirm that it is not in my best interests if he turns into anything but a successful signing. It is not even a question that ever needs answering.

The Enckelman reference was purely tongue in cheek referring back to a similar mistake he once made in the Birmingham derby.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wasn't my post 

Ya, so don't get how this is low hanging fruit? Seems like a really good transfer. Has played for big clubs, won stuff, played in Europe. Capped at all under age levels for Belgium. Fallen out of favour, but better than what I was expecting us to sign.  

Have you not heard about the accident with the defenders penis?

28 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You really are clutching at straws.

For the past week Sharpe and numerous others have said the manager has his budget and has bids in for players.

Now the budget could be tiny nevertheless we have a transfer budget.Venkys don't make a statement every year telling the public how much our budget is, and would be ridiculous if they did.

And now you claim our budget is coming from the sponsorship by totally wicked and the transfer fee for Matty Platt.It is ridiculous

No one has ever argued that Venkys should say what the transfer budget is; though they did say on talking us over that it would £5m a transfer window.Maybe waiting on money from sell-on clauses that haven't triggered yet. I don't know.

We got something for Platt as it was undisclosed, not free transfer. I said it was unlikely we got £500k for him. I have no idea if any of that money however small was available for use in transfers.

Sharpe said that the club had told him bids were in. He offered no independent corroboration. Your 'numerous others' are posters of similar ilk to yourself.

I'm not clutching at straws nor is it ridiculous to suggest there's a connection between Totally Wicked increasing their sponsorship and putting in an accepted bid. Of course, if you know how much Totally Wicked pay in sponsorship, your statement would then have credibility.

Selling a player to pay a bill is what Blackburn Rovers have done.

And euphoria is probably a fair description really. We have been eagerly anticipating a goalkeeper since the season finished and have had to suffer a sub par loanee in net all season. The longer that it has gone on, the more that people have anticipated a new number 1.

He is a permanent signing, a player who provokes further curiosity because he is from abroad and seems to have a decent pedigree.

The excitement is understandable (and I am eager to see him if and when he signs) but also we have to bare in mind that from what I have seen, not a single person in this forum had heard of this player before today and therefore it is probably equally accurate and understandable that we are going over the top in our excitement and positivity with little to base it on at this time.

I think that your points @RevidgeBlue are very balanced and well measured and I agree with what you say.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Here he is making a mistake that Peter Enckleman would have been proud of at the end, he will fit right in doing that :lol:

From that Lancs Live article:

After the first match of the season he made a comedy of errors, after which he was benched.

He conceded a total of 57 goals last season from a xGC of 51.12. 

How long ago was that match from? 

Its almost like you are looking for every negative you can find to put on any potential signing unless you suggest them? Like Fox or Chester. 

So how much of Thomas Kaminski have you actually seen? 

How much of the xGC data do you understand and can you explain what it actually means cos I don't know?

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

No one has ever argued that Venkys should say what the transfer budget is; though they did say on talking us over that it would £5m a transfer window.Maybe waiting on money from sell-on clauses that haven't triggered yet. I don't know.

We got something for Platt as it was undisclosed, not free transfer. I said it was unlikely we got £500k for him. I have no idea if any of that money however small was available for use in transfers.

Sharpe said that the club had told him bids were in. He offered no independent corroboration. Your 'numerous others' are posters of similar ilk to yourself.

I'm not clutching at straws nor is it ridiculous to suggest there's a connection between Totally Wicked increasing their sponsorship and putting in an accepted bid. Of course, if you know how much Totally Wicked pay in sponsorship, your statement would then have credibility.

I think it's ridiculous to think that Totally Wicked increasing their sponsorship has impacted our transfer budget. I think if you didn't write that earlier on in the thread you wouldn't have to stick to your guns and you'd see it as a load of tosh as well.

In terms of Platt. We received £25k for him, that'll pay for a few weeks wages then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

We would have been lucky to get 50k for Platt.

I can't be assed trawling through posts to find it, but you did more than once say that Venkys come out with a statement about the budget every season.

And who have we sold  in the last 3 years to fund Gallagher, Brereton, Armstrong, Holtby (signing on fee), Davenport,Tosin(loan fee),Walton(loan fee), Johnson (signing on fee)?

You are talking nonsense

Edited by islander200

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How long ago was that match from? 

Its almost like you are looking for every negative you can find to put on any potential signing unless you suggest them? Like Fox or Chester. 

So how much of Thomas Kaminski have you actually seen? 

Last season, September 2019.

Grow up chaddy. As much as you, I'd never seen him or even heard of him.

As I said to bigdoggsteel, why would it be in my best interests for him to be anything but a good signing? Poster gives example of mistake, therefore poster must be revelling in the hope that a player that plays for the team that he pays money and spends so much time watching

I am cautiously optimistic because of his pedigree, his age and the fact that he is going to be a permanent signing. But I am also willing to read and look at anything I can see to give me more information about an unknown player, positive or negative. If we are only allowed to highlight positive things then I suspect that the forum rules need to be amended.

But please stick your notions about me wanting to find negatives and revelling in them up your arse. If he signs I would want him to be a great keeper exactly as much as you.

• Like 6

People are just pleased to be (hopefully) getting a permanent keeper with a bit of experience and also still of a decent age. Being foreign helps too considering our supposed foreign scouting department. Sure, the reports of his errors and cock kicking are a little worrying but think its best we judge him in our colours. Sometimes players need a fresh start, his history does not suggest he always had a clanger in him - seems to be more this season only. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I still am none the wiser if you agree with playing wide strikers because all you tend to do is repeat that Mowbray plays with them without divulging your own opinion.

I have never doubted that Nyambe needs to really improve on his attacking side. 

I told time after time How I would play but each and every time you just simply ignore it. 

well its time he improved his attacking side and more active in the assist column this coming season. Also we need to sort out whether we see him long term here and get a new contract or sell him and bring someone else in. Can't have another Marshall or King situation here

So if this lad is any good, can we not have the Academy players compete for the backup GK role?

Be conservative and keep the best one to play in the cup, or be adventurous and keep the worst one as we don't use backup GKs anyway and send the best one out on loan?

Edited by Exiled_Rover

Just now, roversfan99 said:

And euphoria is probably a fair description really. We have been eagerly anticipating a goalkeeper since the season finished and have had to suffer a sub par loanee in net all season. The longer that it has gone on, the more that people have anticipated a new number 1.

He is a permanent signing, a player who provokes further curiosity because he is from abroad and seems to have a decent pedigree.

The excitement is understandable (and I am eager to see him if and when he signs) but also we have to bare in mind that from what I have seen, not a single person in this forum had heard of this player before today and therefore it is probably equally accurate and understandable that we are going over the top in our excitement and positivity with little to base it on at this time.

I think that your points @RevidgeBlue are very balanced and well measured and I agree with what you say.

It's always the same, not one person mentions it would be a good idea to sign a  particular player then someone gets linked out of the blue and all of a sudden everyone suddenly becomes an authority on said player who suddenly morphs into the greatest player of all time in his particular position! ?

It's only natural that people will get excited, On an objective level I can't say too much about this bloke until I've seen him play as I'd never heard of him until a few hours ago. Would I have preferred someone with Championship experience? Possibly. Would that have been a  lot more expensive? Probably. Could he be a bargain? Maybe.

On the face of it, it does sound promising and I think if there's one position on the pitch you don't want a loanee it's keeper their abilities notwithstanding.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The worry is that i don't believe that our coaching staff have the capability to stamp out these mistakes.

Raya was still making them whilst he was here and the coaching staff didn't seem to be able to help. Walton made plenty too, didn't show any improvement, in fact he got worse!

Perhaps some things cant be 'coached' out of someone. Raya made a couple of high profile errors last season, De Gea several - and i would assume Utd have world class keeper coaches. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Last season, September 2019.

As much as you, I'd never seen him or even heard of him.

I am cautiously optimistic because of his pedigree, his age and the fact that he is going to be a permanent signing. But I am also willing to read and look at anything I can see to give me more information about an unknown player, positive or negative.

If he signs I would want him to be a great keeper exactly as much as you.

My Apologises if my comments were wrong, it just appears that you went looking for something negative to shows his mistakes. Most keepers make mistakes like De Gea, Lloris and Kepa have made massive mistakes for their clubs. How experience are those keepers and playing at much higher level of football than us?

I haven't seen him play but I don't watch much European football/competitions like you do watching Champions League, Europe League or Bundesliga whilst I watched none of it at all. Thought you might have seen some of him given the amount of European football you watch

I agree with your point that his age and his pedigree is what we want at the club and as number 1 here. Its the age I suggest days ago we should be looking at and the market the club needs to shop in now looking for players in the European markets where transfer fees are reasonable and OTT like British players plus the wages will be more than reasonable. Its a market we need to shop in aswell as looking good players in UK but at reasonable fees and wages. Some British players wages are bloody ridiculous or the wage demands are. 

Read @RovingRover posts about the player. He has more knowledge of European football in the Countries we are likely to be looking at than myself who very little and can only look at stats of clean sheets of keepers and thats about it

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

Just now, alex l said:

Perhaps some things cant be 'coached' out of someone. Raya made a couple of high profile errors last season, De Gea several - and i would assume Utd have world class keeper coaches. 

Aye, maybe.

Should we sign this lad, we will just have to see how he gets on in a Rovers shirt.