BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Eastwood was decent back up for a short spell but always looked what he was, a lower league no 1.  Leutwiler is the same.

We need a Championship level number 1 as we've seen in this league same as outfield players it soon finds you out.

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

Why are you still going on about Platt and his transfer fee? I've already written that I believe it's 'gone' and is not available to help fund transfers in. I've never said that Venkys state how much the transfer budget is going to be, aside from that statement when they took us over. The ticket office in their letter to @arbitro described us as ';cash strapped'. On that basis, I don't believe there is a transfer budget or money to fund loans.

I wrote 'to pay bills' not to 'fund transfers. I've not seen anything to indicate that Mowbray has had to sell anyone to pay a bill or fund a transfer or loan.

@RuaneyWe go for weeks without signing anyone, despite rumours of talks and bids.Then we have some extra sponsorship money and have a bid accepted. I think it reasonable to conclude that there's a connection. Despite you and @islander200 not knowing how much Totally Wicked pay in sponsorship, announce that it's impossible for them to have funded a transfer.

Now,I don't believe that the State Bank of India agreed to extend their overdraft facility to the club in January of this year. I believe that far from paying off the overdraft, Venkys ran it up. I believe that the Bank is now in the same position as Barclays were and have cut off borrowings and called the whole sum due, immediately. I don't believe they've initiated liquidation proceedings, yet. I don't believe we have alternative sources of borrowing or that Venkys does either, from what @phili has written. Now may regard that what I have written is 'tosh'; It is however my opinion.

It is my right to express an opinion without having it dismissed as 'tosh', 'ridiculous' or 'rubbish'.

I'm sure the club hopes to make sponsors of all the companies it is talking with.It is my opinion that money raised will be used to fund transfer/loan activity, because there's no other source.

You are entitled to your opinion,I could have disagreed with it more politely though so apologies for that.

I will make my opinion clear though, I don't expect millions to be spent with the noises coming out of the club but I do believe we do have a budget and our transfer activity will be funded by the owners not a small sponsorship deal with Totally wicked.

And I will make clear I am not defending Venkys I rue the day they bought the club and the management of our great club has been nothing short of scandalous.

In Mowbray's time at the club he hasn't had to sell one player discounting Raya who wanted to leave and who the manager didn't particularly rate and he has had plenty of money to spend in that time which was funded by our owners not through players sales or sponsorship deals

Would also like to ask have you proof or a source for your opinion on the overdraft with Bank of India?

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We don’t need Brad Friedel (or the 2020 Championship version). We just need a keeper that can goalkeep. Fascinating I know.

To be fair, no one said we do. Someone used him as a defence because someone correctly pointed out that our potential new signing had been dropped by Gent.

Our resident troll will be rubbing his hands that Friedel has even been mentioned, regardless of context.

I think we could do with a second goalkeeper with experience because being too reliant on an unknown being a success is risky.

Edited by roversfan99

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

Now,I don't believe that the State Bank of India agreed to extend their overdraft facility to the club in January of this year. I believe that far from paying off the overdraft, Venkys ran it up.

You think venkys run a overdraft?  The bank isn't lending to the club, its lending to the owners who are underwriting everything. Its a great model, just need a great manager to get us up. Mowbray isn't that man, which is sad that he hangs around....its abuse really on his part. I believe they'd spend in the premier league if only we could get there...we might look back on these wasted years whilst some on here continue to back him for some reason. No urgency anywhere.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

We have never played with wingers under Mowbray so don't think that's an area we'll be strengthening.

Technically not true it’s just we play forwards out there instead of actual wide men but I think we are looking at a few players that can give us width 

Appparently Niklas Schmidt has been liking Blackurns posts again on instagram or something (I can't verify as I'm not on Instagram so could be nonsense). A quick Google though shows we may have been interested in him in Jan. I wonder if there's anything in this one.. Looks quite a promising player.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-rumours-instagram-evans-mckenna-17528730

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You think venkys run a overdraft?  The bank isn't lending to the club, its lending to the owners who are underwriting everything. Its a great model, just need a great manager to get us up. Mowbray isn't that man, which is sad that he hangs around....its abuse really on his part. I believe they'd spend in the premier league if only we could get there...we might look back on these wasted years whilst some on here continue to back him for some reason. No urgency anywhere.

It is indeed sad. When he was appointed, I remember feeling happy that he was our first 'proper' manager since our owners sacked Sam and that, at last, we would have a manager who'd been round the game for long enough to  get us back to the Premier League which I naively believed was what our owners wanted too.  I was one of those who cut him a lot of slack.

I'm sure he'd be a very nice chap if I knew him socially. But I regret that the owners haven't been as ruthless as they were with Sam. He may well be the man to have consolidated our position in this division but if he's proved anything in his time with us, it's that he isn't the man to get us back to the Premier League and keep us there, like Sam, I'm sure, would have.

If only the owners had had a bit of patience, the club could have continued to have deliver some of the Premier League wealth to their 'bottom line'; they'd have had the kudos of owning a Premier League team and we'd have all been a lot happier. (We'd still have been grumbling about something, mind!)

All very sad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Appparently Niklas Schmidt has been liking Blackurns posts again on instagram or something (I can't verify as I'm not on Instagram so could be nonsense). A quick Google though shows we may have been interested in him in Jan. I wonder if there's anything in this one.. Looks quite a promising player.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-rumours-instagram-evans-mckenna-17528730

He liked the Fixtures post on instagram

Edit: Apparently he has liked the last 4-5 Rovers posts 

FFAA1E86-A023-4CF3-A666-FF6DE0B67D7F.png

Edited by skous18
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Quality goal from Schmidt here. Dack-esque. And for an added bonus the german striker Hofman we've been linked with scores the goal after it. 

If he's another attacking centre mid surely we are selling someone? We've got four already - Dack, Holtby, Rothwell, Buckley.

Maybe to allow Dack to move on?

• Backroom

People going on about budget, if we came out and said we have £1m, then 2 players costing £500k each (affordable) suddenly shoot up to £750k each.

Better keeping budgets under wraps imo.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 5