BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

haven't we signed 2 if we are counting Dolan who is in the 1st team squad now

Good lad Chaddy!

You're reaching so far there you must be nearly toppling over but I love your doggedness and indefatigability!

I wish you were in charge of getting our transfer deals over the line. You'd lock the buggers in the room without  food and water until they sign on the dotted line!

??

Edited by RevidgeBlue

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well my point was one about signings overall in the league not just Rovers related. 

But Its good to see Mowbray saying that club transfer targets won't be determined by the quarantine measures

I think you are wrong there Rev. Mowbray knows we signings otherwise we wouldn't been trying to make signings and had players in for medicals. 

Do you remember "Defenders are coming.....", wouldn't be the first time he's blown smoke up us

1 minute ago, Tormund said:

I’ve always quite rated Ayala, what’s the story with him leaving Boro? Did he want to leave or was he pushed? How come he hasn’t signed for another club at our level? 

Story goes they couldn't or wouldn't  meet his demands any longer which you'd think would make any suggestion he'd come here extremely far fetched.

18 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Don't understand this obsession with Warnock... Boro will finish below us I bet.

He knows how to get promoted, 8 promotions in his career and 3 from the second tier. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

haven't we signed 2 if we are counting Dolan who is in the 1st team squad now

Dolan signed as a free agent on July 1st. The window for this summer didn't open until July 27th, so no Dolan was not signed in this window.

47 minutes ago, unsall said:

No difference,both clubs tried to recruit early, it’s not easy for any club unless money no object.

Boro have done same as Rovers, get rid of top earners, but replacing them takes time and think both clubs will sign a few more but will probably be nearer the end of the window.

It's a bugger that predictive text. In the politics thread I wanted to say words along the lines of - " the Tories hanker for power ". It changed " Hanker " to " Banker ". When I tried again it changed  "Hanker " to " Wanker " !  I gave up then and resorted to " yearn."

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

well my point was one about signings overall in the league not just Rovers relBut Its good to see Mowbray saying that club transfer targets won't be determined by the quarantine measures

I think you are wrong there Rev. Mowbray knows we signings otherwise we wouldn't been trying to make signings and had players in for medicals. 

Omgggg chaddy u liar ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

13 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Ayala? I don't believe a word of it I'm afraid. Someone creating the rumour because his move abroad hasn't been announced yet. Yet more people trying to claim they are ITK when they have no idea at all. 

I have to say it's hard how we would meet his demands. Maybe because he's on a free we will throw him a big signing on fee but keep the wages in our structure. Could work? I think that's how we swung Holtby.

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I have to say it's hard how we would meet his demands. Maybe because he's on a free we will throw him a big signing on fee but keep the wages in our structure. Could work? I think that's how we swung Holtby.

That will be how we do the deal if it comes off no doubt.

Like you say Holtby must have been done that way as he was on wages higher than our ceiling 

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That will be how we do the deal if it comes off no doubt.

Like you say Holtby must have been done that way as he was on wages higher than our ceiling 

The only advantage to that surely is that it doesn't have players knocking on the manager's door complaining they're only on £20k and he's on £30k. (p.w)

It still comes out of the same pot at the end of the day so it either leaves you in the same amount of debt, or if FFP is still in effect, it's still going to put you over.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • Herbie6590 unfeatured this topic