BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2020/21

25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Can’t say I’m too upset but VAR is destroying football.

Destroying is too hard a word,i'd go for disrupting rather than Destroying football to the point where you need to check replays before you can really celebrate a goal where it's used,the thing thats destroying football is the money difference between the Premiership and the rest of football.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Actually offside is the easiest for VAR.

It is the offside law that needs attention.

The IT is fine but the interpretations arrived at are sometimes questionable but not with offsides.

VAR needs scraping. It is not consistently referred to.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Delighted for Leicester and their owners. Taking note Venkys? Nah thought not.

That's what I said to the missus. 

"They get these owners and we got sodding Venkys."

Offside and VAR really need looking at but not too gutted in this instance given I would much rather Chelsea lost. 

• Like 4

delighted that Leicester won the final. Pleased for the Srivaddhanaprabha's family, Rodgers, the players and the fans. What the Srivaddhanaprabha family has done since becoming the Leicester owners in terms of investment in the club, investing in the area of Leicester and building such an impressive training ground plus an owner who is in touch with the fans and listen to them. 

Tielemans's goal was fantastic and deserved to win any final. 

Schmeichel made 2 great saves and shows why he is top quality keeper. 

VAR was used correctly to disallowed the Chelsea whilst I am no fan of the VAR system in Football it was spot on today but would the Linesman have given it offside if they had been no VAR in the game

and its was great to see fans inside the stadium and enjoying the game

• Like 2

I called it offside from first replay. You could tell from the line at the edge of the box. The offside rule obviously needs altered but in its current state it was offside. 

I think that was the result every neutral wanted. I really like Leicester as a club. 

Premier league 5 years ago, FA Cup today. That puts them above Tottenham, level with arsenal (although I'd rank 2 fa cups lower) and just a europa league behind Chelsea. Cant think man utd have done much in that time? Big 6? Load of bollocks!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I called it offside from first replay. You could tell from the line at the edge of the box. The offside rule obviously needs altered but in its current state it was offside. 

I think that was the result every neutral wanted. I really like Leicester as a club. 

Premier league 5 years ago, FA Cup today. That puts them above Tottenham, level with arsenal (although I'd rank 2 fa cups lower) and just a europa league behind Chelsea. Cant think man utd have done much in that time? Big 6? Load of bollocks!

It all depends on when the ball was played. The Chelsea lad was really motoring onto that ball. I’d be gutted if that was a Rovers goal disallowed.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It all depends on when the ball was played. The Chelsea lad was really motoring onto that ball. I’d be gutted if that was a Rovers goal disallowed.

Fair point. I remember reading an article last season which basically said you can't tell exactly when the ball is played. You can narrow it down to two frames and the ball was played at some point between the two frames. With frame rate of the cameras and say raheem sterling running at full speed the player could have moved just under 1.5 feet so to be analysing millimetres is pointless. 

Based on where the froze it I thought it was offside and I've seen tighter decisions given off on many occasions so although the rule is stupid, inconsistency in decisions is worse so don't think they couldn't have disallowed it. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

We are 5 years behind Brentford (apparentl), so around 200 behind Leicester!

Interesting comparison Leicester v Rovers with regards to foreign ownership takeovers 3 months apart

Here are the highlights

Takeover August 2010                                                                           Nov 2010

Champ Play off Qual                   2012/13

Championship winners               2013/14                                            Relegation Premier League  2011/12
Premier League winners            2015/16                                            Relegation Championship     2015/16 
FA Cup Winners                         2020/21                                             Runners Up  League 1           2016/17
UEFA Champ League Qual       2016/2017
UEFA Europa League Qual        2020/21 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How long has being level been off-side ?
Having said that I’m glad there wasn’t extra time, I’ve got a fence that needs another coat of creosote.

I called it offside in live play.

And I was right 😃 and so were the pundits

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

VAR needs scraping. It is not consistently referred to.

Overall I prefer the game without VAR.

It is the human involvement that messes the IT.

Wenger's ideas for a new offside interpretation are hopeful.

It is staying though, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

delighted that Leicester won the final. Pleased for the Srivaddhanaprabha's family, Rodgers, the players and the fans. What the Srivaddhanaprabha family has done since becoming the Leicester owners in terms of investment in the club, investing in the area of Leicester and building such an impressive training ground plus an owner who is in touch with the fans and listen to them. 

Tielemans's goal was fantastic and deserved to win any final. 

Schmeichel made 2 great saves and shows why he is top quality keeper. 

VAR was used correctly to disallowed the Chelsea whilst I am no fan of the VAR system in Football it was spot on today but would the Linesman have given it offside if they had been no VAR in the game

and its was great to see fans inside the stadium and enjoying the game

Spot on Chaddy.

Seeing the Leicester fans and the Thai owners post match was a joy to see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Interesting comparison Leicester v Rovers with regards to foreign ownership takeovers 3 months apart

Here are the highlights

Takeover August 2010                                                                           Nov 2010

Championship winners               2013/14                                            Relegation Premier League  2011/12
Premier League winners            2015/16                                            Relegation Championship     2015/16 
FA Cup Winners                         2020/21                                             Runners Up  League 1           2016/17

That makes very sobering reading 😞

Oh, for a club set up like Leicester City... who if memory serves me correctly, we 'bested' to gain our own entry into the Premier League. Watch it if you dare!

There was a handball by Perez in the build up to Leicester's goal which, apparently wasn't seen by the VAR and yet a player literally millimetres offside is penalised, correctly I might add. VAR for matters of fact should be an exact science but the inconsistencies are alarming.

I dislike VAR but it's here to stay but VAR itself isn't the problem, it's the people operating it.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Been a real credit to Vichai since his death haven't they? Nice to see such a decent family particularly Vichai's son.

Edited by Vinjay

15 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Here are the highlights

It's heartbreaking, isn't it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Been a real credit to Vichai since his death haven't they? Nice to see such a decent family particularly Vichai's son.

The Srivaddhanaprabha family since buying Leicester have been credit to the club, fans and the community