BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

37 minutes ago, rigger said:

From reading the minutes, I cannot work out what had to be kept secret. Or do the minutes not reflect everything that was said at  the meeting ?

I’m guessing it’s more about consistency of message than keeping secrets. If one of the attendees had come in here and stated “Waggott said there is some truth to the reports” any finer points would’ve been lost and there’d be mass panic.

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

From reading the minutes, I cannot work out what had to be kept secret. Or do the minutes not reflect everything that was said at  the meeting ?

Obviously nothing in the minutes needs to be kept secret or it wouldn't be published. As I have explained several times there is a convention that no one on the Forum chats publicly about what was said until the minutes are issued. We have had one or two instances of members talking to their mates about what was discussed and either not reporting correctly or friends not picking it up, but messages have appeared on this site and others with a completely fabricated story - Chinese whispers in action.

There are usually one or two things that are mentioned at the meeting that I am asked not to minute. As it happens I can probably give you an example from this week as the item is pretty common knowledge now but wasn't on Tuesday evening - Ash Phillips. The name wasn't mentioned but pretty much everyone there knew who Steve was talking about. At that time the existence (or not) of a buy-out clause wasn't public knowledge though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Obviously nothing in the minutes needs to be kept secret or it wouldn't be published. As I have explained several times there is a convention that no one on the Forum chats publicly about what was said until the minutes are issued. We have had one or two instances of members talking to their mates about what was discussed and either not reporting correctly or friends not picking it up, but messages have appeared on this site and others with a completely fabricated story - Chinese whispers in action.

There are usually one or two things that are mentioned at the meeting that I am asked not to minute. As it happens I can probably give you an example from this week as the item is pretty common knowledge now but wasn't on Tuesday evening - Ash Phillips. The name wasn't mentioned but pretty much everyone there knew who Steve was talking about. At that time the existence (or not) of a buy-out clause wasn't public knowledge though.

Sorry I know you are probably tired of answering questions but did Waggott give any indication if the Ash Phillips money would be used to bring a player/s in?

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Sorry I know you are probably tired of answering questions but did Waggott give any indication if the Ash Phillips money would be used to bring a player/s in?

He said it was one out, one in. I then asked him, after he had spoken about Ash Phillips, if we received a sizeable sum would we be restricted to just one in or could it be more f they kept to the total received and he said yes. So he did not absolutely say we can spend all we get in but it was clear one sale might lead to more than one buy. I presume the reverse is also true - that we could sell two to buy one if that was deemed to be best.

• Like 2

Question...I know that ST sales/revenue are discussed pretty openly, but does anyone know if Rover release information on their streaming subscriptions? Number of international season passes, etc? Just curious to know what that number looks like in comparison to the 8k+ season tickets.

Been to the Roverstore today to pick up my Girona tickets. I have to say the shop it absolutely shite! 90% tat and have zero replica shirts! A week off the start of the season and they’ve sold out of home and away shirts……both on the day of release? Is this not questioned? 

Desperate for money and it’s impossible to spend anything in the shop!! On a side note there’s a young lad who works in there and his attitude is absolutely atrocious. Cocky little chav! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

Been to the Roverstore today to pick up my Girona tickets. I have to say the shop it absolutely shite! 90% tat and have zero replica shirts! A week off the start of the season and they’ve sold out of home and away shirts……both on the day of release? Is this not questioned? 

The club have said, several times, that they air freight in an initial batch of shirts to sell on launch day. They then put shirts on pre order, with the remaining stock expected to arrive in time for the wba match ie the start of the season. 

I’m looking forward to a season of shirts in the shop like at every other club. No running out in October, or before folk have a chance to buy them for Christmas presents like the past few years.

Shouldn’t be a problem this time as there’s luckily no BB2 specific pandemics or BB2 specific Chinese factory issues or BB2 specific stuck tankers in the Suez Canal to worry about.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alex l said:

The club have said, several times, that they air freight in an initial batch of shirts to sell on launch day. They then put shirts on pre order, with the remaining stock expected to arrive in time for the wba match ie the start of the season. 

That doesn’t explain why! It’s a stupid way of doing it. Order more…..sell more!

8 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

Desperate for money and it’s impossible to spend anything in the shop!! On a side note there’s a young lad who works in there and his attitude is absolutely atrocious. Cocky little chav! 

Think I know who you mean.

I returned something around Christmas time and he looked at me in absolute disgust asking what was wrong with the item. I said "it doesn't fit, and you don't have the size smaller in stock is that a problem?" He then proceeded to put the refund through while looking like I had robbed his house or something.

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I returned something around Christmas time and he looked at me in absolute disgust asking what was wrong with the item. I said "it doesn't fit, and you don't have the size smaller in stock is that a problem?" He then proceeded to put the refund through while looking like I had robbed his house or something.

It 100% will be because the rest of the staff are superb usually. I went to pick up a shirt I’d ordered online (for pick up from the store) and he proceeded to tell me I’d have to return as they were to busy to sort it out.

I had to turn male Karen and asked for the manager. The manager sorted the issue on 30 seconds. 

53 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

They do seem to have quite a big turnover of staff down there so maybe you got one who was just passing through and not bothered. I have always found the longer serving staff helpful and pleasant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They do seem to have quite a big turnover of staff down there so maybe you got one who was just passing through and not bothered. I have always found the longer serving staff helpful and pleasant.

Oh yeah I have no issue with the staff down there on the whole they have been brilliant with any shop/ticket queries I have had in the past.

The post above though reminded me of my encounter with this character though and thought it must be the same guy,

• Like 1

Cant buy anything anymore from the Roverstore online. This only started happening last year, I’ve been buying merchandise previously for years. 

Lined up to buy the new third shirt but card not working, only thing I can think of is that being based in Jersey they will no longer send here, which is stupid. 

Tried contacting them last year, and they just advised to check my card details or my bank. It’s definitely an issue their end.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m looking forward to a season of shirts in the shop like at every other club. No running out in October, or before folk have a chance to buy them for Christmas presents like the past few years.

Shouldn’t be a problem this time as there’s luckily no BB2 specific pandemics or BB2 specific Chinese factory issues or BB2 specific stuck tankers in the Suez Canal to worry about.

Don't speak too soon.

14 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

Rovers had to used air freight to send over a initial batch of all 3 shirts for sale now and before. The rest of the batch will be coming here by Boat which is significant less cost of travel for the club. 

The next batch of stock should be here by the first home game for people to buy or collect their pre order but I would get in early buying any shirt cos fans seems to like all 3 shirt designs

6 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

That doesn’t explain why! It’s a stupid way of doing it. Order more…..sell more!

Rovers have increase their order by 20% for each shirt this season. 

I overheard in the shop this morning that more stock of adults home kits should be here today and available to buy from tomorrow. Piggy backing on the conversation I asked about shorts, socks and little kiddies shirts. The lady told me she didn't know when any of these would be in. Although I didn't ask specifically I assume the training gear is in the latter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Cant buy anything anymore from the Roverstore online. This only started happening last year, I’ve been buying merchandise previously for years. 

Lined up to buy the new third shirt but card not working, only thing I can think of is that being based in Jersey they will no longer send here, which is stupid. 

Tried contacting them last year, and they just advised to check my card details or my bank. It’s definitely an issue their end.

You could try signing up for an online card like Revolut?