BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

For the next meeting, please can the lack of option to go outside to smoke/vape at half time (also helps to reduce congregation) and the continued horrendous waits to be served be raised.

To be fair, that should be down the list as the very first question should be "why the fuck is the Blackburn End closed?!?!?!"

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

For the next meeting, please can the lack of option to go outside to smoke/vape at half time (also helps to reduce congregation) and the continued horrendous waits to be served be raised.

Yep, can mention the first part.

The second part, happy to raise this again, but believe me, I’ve mentioned it before and I agree for what it’s worth.

Wait times seem to have improved in Jack Walker upper, can’t speak for other stands, though!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The second part, happy to raise this again, but believe me, I’ve mentioned it before and I agree for what it’s worth.

Wait times seem to have improved in Jack Walker upper, can’t speak for other stands, though!

The outdoor bar at the back of the Blackburn end has four beer pumps, but on Saturday only had one person serving. Total incompetence. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Upside Down said:

To be fair, that should be down the list as the very first question should be "why the fuck is the Blackburn End closed?!?!?!"

To be fair that was mentioned at the last fans forum meeting with the club, to which the representatives of the club replied that *checks notes*  "they would take back the comments to the club"

As far as those minutes read, the club didn't even say it was for cost saving measures. It was just because they could fit everyone in one stand.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The bar at the back of the Blackburn end has four beer pumps, but on Saturday only had one person serving. Total incompetence. 

The bar in the BBE nearest the Riverside had 4 queues and 3 people serving!

To add to this, they've introduced 'Pie, Mash, Peas & Gravy' (I'm not even getting started with the £7.50 asking price!) which then takes each person serving around a minute to do as they get the pie from the warmer, grab a tray, spoon in the mash, spoon in the peas, take the pie out of it's wrapper, put it in the tray, put the wrapper in the bin, ladle on the gravy and then sprinkle with parsley! (fuckin' parsley!!!!).

I nearly lost my shit before the game as people kept on ordering this and then to top it all off, the guy in front of me said "oh, and 2 teas please" and I then had to watch on again as the hot water thingy dribbled hot water into the cups at a rate of 1 litre per month! What happened to a good old tea urn?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

To add to this, they've introduced 'Pie, Mash, Peas & Gravy' (I'm not even getting started with the £7.50 asking price!) which then takes each person serving around a minute to do as they get the pie from the warmer, grab a tray, spoon in the mash, spoon in the peas, take the pie out of it's wrapper, put it in the tray, put the wrapper in the bin, ladle on the gravy and then sprinkle with parsley! (fuckin' parsley!!!!).

I nearly lost my shit before the game as people kept on ordering this and then to top it all off, the guy in front of me said "oh, and 2 teas please" and I then had to watch on again as the hot water thingy dribbled hot water into the cups at a rate of 1 litre per month! What happened to a good old tea urn?

I was buying chips for my granddaughter on Saturday (btw these are 25p cheaper than last season) and I noticed a bloke behind me who I know and haven't seen for a while. We were waiting for the chips he said all he wanted was a cup of tea. Known for his sharp wit he said to the young girl after a few minutes waiting "just give me a teabag and I'll suck it".  His humour was lost on her.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

In the blackburn end there a kiosk where they can sell exclusively Amstell (I think). 

It wasn't open. Surely you funnel the half time pinters through there?

18 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Just to add another vote for raising the queues issue.

If you go down to the concourse when the HT whistle blows, it is a guarantee that you won't be served until after the second half starts. That's in the JW upper.

It ruins the atmosphere, people have to head down there on 30/35 mins. Not only that, the club are throwing thousands away every home game (assuming they take a cut).

Literally all it will take to resolve it is for someone to be pouring pints during the first half. Or use the 9 tap thing that was just gathering dust at the back of the kiosks.

Same issue outside before the game too.

Queuing for 15 mins plus is an expectation for me, and has been for years.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

The pie, mash, peas and Gravy seems popular from what I see. It good to see the food moving in just a burger or pie rubbish. I don't know why they don't items like Sweet Chilli Chicken and chips like they do in the suites with the same catering provider. 

The staff they have on the kiosks are mainly students or young people just doing it as part time work for abit of money. 

2 hours ago, XLM said:

Just to add another vote for raising the queues issue.

If you go down to the concourse when the HT whistle blows, it is a guarantee that you won't be served until after the second half starts. That's in the JW upper.

Literally all it will take to resolve it is for someone to be pouring pints during the first half. Or use the 9 tap thing that was just gathering dust at the back of the kiosks.

Do people want a pre pour pint or just they want a pint pour when order? If I was going to a pub I would want a fresh pour pint of lager so surely that's the same issue at Rovers do you agree? 

I wouldn't go to the kiosk at Half time as it takes too long and far too crowded for me in Blackburn End concourse 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do people want a pre pour pint or just they want a pint pour when order? If I was going to a pub I would want a fresh pour pint of lager so surely that's the same issue at Rovers do you agree? 

I wouldn't go to the kiosk at Half time as it takes too long and far too crowded for me in Blackburn End concourse 

It's a pre-poured pint, no pint, or a fresh pint and miss 10 minutes of the football you've paid for. I'd be willing to bet that most would choose the first of those options...

It's not like we're talking about choosing a nice IPA or session lager to mull over with mates, the pints taste like crap anyway (and are far too cold), I don't think them being sat out for 30 minutes will make a blind bit of difference.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

This is the review of the beer available at the ground that my dad's mate gave 20 years ago.

"You'd buy it to wet your mouth with and nothing more."

Too right. 

I've been watching Rovers since 81....and not once have I purchased a beer in the stadium because I know it will be overpriced, served by kids and bloody tasteless. 

Used to pop into the Manxman and have a few beers there. That was enough for me. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, rigger said:

Has Waggot come up with a reason for shutting our end, for the Cardiff game. 

He wasn’t at the last Fans Forum, but as reported in the minutes, the club said it was cost cutting.

22 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

In the blackburn end there a kiosk where they can sell exclusively Amstell (I think). 

It wasn't open. Surely you funnel the half time pinters through there?

Ah yes - the new kiosk - lovingly crafted from the finest materials seemlessly blended into the existing decor. It must have cost a fortune to put that in.

Honour jacks legacy my arse.

30 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Any idea when the navy kit is back on sale? It's down as 'pre order' and mentions a few weeks to wait, but not sure if that is regularly updated. 

Try emailing or giving the store/mail order dept a call. Would have expected this to be back on 'standard' sale. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Any idea when the navy kit is back on sale? It's down as 'pre order' and mentions a few weeks to wait, but not sure if that is regularly updated. 

Seemed to be plenty in the store on Saturday.

Also, can someone ask at the next FF why they aren't getting any of the adult GK shorts in stock?

Realise that the uptake on them is probably small, my lad is a budding young keeper who plays at a high Sunday level but with the kids sizes being so ridiculously small we have to get him the adult sizes. He really wants the new GK kit for Christmas but was told on Saturday that they aren't bothering to get the shorts in despite there being loads of tops & socks. Seems daft to me.