BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agreed, but also better quality from those on the field would help.. Nyambe got in some good crossing positions the last game and was very wasteful. 

It isn't just a case of it being easy to break these blocks. Stoke did the same thing to Boro the game after us. Wba did similar against Liverpool and got a point. You need your quality players on the field to unlock these defences. 

It might be a good crossing position, but when there’s nobody to put a cross into, you need to look elsewhere for where the problem lies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bog standard players go for big money these days. It's a long list. He's still young enough, English , will improve more, has played a lot of games at this level. £5 million gets you very little in English football for the last few years. 

I dont see much of a market for a 25 year old striker (probably past the point of buying "potential") who has never set the world alight, who I cant see past Wycombe for teams in our League for whom he would get in the team of. Certainly not at 5m+.

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gallagher is an old fashioned centre forward who never gets played as one,extremely strange waste of money imo,i suspect a better manager would have him as an option of bringing him on as sub to play more direct or start him as a c/f against certain teams to suit

Gallagher is an average Championship forward - that and only that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont see much of a market for a 25 year old striker (probably past the point of buying "potential") who has never set the world alight, who I cant see past Wycombe for teams in our League for whom he would get in the team of. Certainly not at 5m+.

You could be surprised. The list of shite that has moved for far more is a long one 

• Backroom

Finally Douglas is dropped, feel for Dolan, thinks he’ll hardly get any game time now with an almost full contingent of attacking options, wonder if a loan is in the offing?

Feels like we haven’t seen much of him or Davenport since they combined for the goal at Brentford 

Edited by Tom

Great to see Brereton back. Douglas had to be dropped. I would say he is shellshocked by how badly things have gone for him. Could be gone in January. Hard tis we how he could get back in the team now. 

That could be 4-2-3-1. Hopefully we see another good performance from Trybull, particularly if it's 4-3-3. What has happened with Johnson scoring goals actually??

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great to see Brereton back. Douglas had to be dropped. I would say he is shellshocked by how badly things have gone for him. Could be gone in January. Hard tis we how he could get back in the team now. 

That could be 4-2-3-1. Hopefully we see another good performance from Trybull, particularly if it's 4-3-3. What has happened with Johnson scoring goals actually??

Johnson has scored 3, same as Brereton