BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

On 25/01/2021 at 12:03, windymiller7 said:

Hmm. I was curious so just had a quick look.

It's probably going to divide opinion, but I actually quite like this. It's traditional but with a twist:

image.png.2a28a6ba6247efa2fcabe1cafc754e4f.png

I really like that design to be fair. It's just not Rovers though is it?

On 30/03/2021 at 16:46, LeftWinger said:

I really like that design to be fair. It's just not Rovers though is it?

On 30/03/2021 at 17:45, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fecking awful that!

I did say it would probably divide opinion! 😅

I know what you mean about it "not being Rovers" but could possibly make a good away kit in black & red.

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I did say it would probably divide opinion! 😅

I know what you mean about it "not being Rovers" but could possibly make a good away kit in black & red.

Yeah away would be fine but never mess with our halves on the home kit.

• Like 2

On 30/03/2021 at 18:57, 1864roverite said:

Always the last to know.....us the fans🤬

Who should be the last to know? The kit man? Obviously we’re the last to know, that’s how it works. We are the end user, the ones that they’ll attempt to sell the kit to, we aren’t in the loop on the manufacturing process because we don’t need to be.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure that is strictly true, I remember Rovers went down the route of a vote in the mid to late 2000s for the next shirt and it went down a storm. Sadly that is proactivity that left as soon as Venkys came through the door.

Of course it is. The club could choose to involve fans in a design process, but they don't need to. We are the end user. It's rare than the end user would be involved in the production of the product they're potentially going to buy.

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Of course it is. The club could choose to involve fans in a design process, but they don't need to. We are the end user. It's rare than the end user would be involved in the production of the product they're potentially going to buy.

They dont need to no, but surely doing so is more likely to increase sales if the shirt is already proven to be popular, and it also makes said end user feel engaged within the process.

• Like 4

Black and red halves was the biggest selling away shirt we’ve had in donkeys years. No surprise as it combines classic Rovers away colours with our trademark halves.

So the ‘end users’ obviously understand the USP of Blackburn Rovers and what will actually shift large amounts of product more than ‘the club’ (who have approved a right load of crap in recent years) does.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Wow! All these years and market researchers were never needed after all then?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

A lot of people make a lot of money doing the exact opposite...

0EF8A34E-D0AE-4FC5-B99B-57BB0B9D54A6.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

What a ridiculous notion calling football fans “end users”.

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

What a ridiculous notion calling football fans “end users”.

In terms of merchandise that’s exactly what we are... at all clubs that’s the real world of football.

13 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's rare than the end user would be involved in the production of the product they're potentially going to buy.

Its just not.  Its called market research. Every successful company does it.  Maybe we should try it for once....🙄

Again, you try to be clever but.......

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Its just not.  Its called market research. Every successful company does it.  Maybe we should try it for once....🙄

Again, you try to be clever but.......

I make posts, you make posts, yet I'm the one "trying to" do something and not you? Makes sense.

I would say maybe one or two Championship clubs actually do a fans consultation on the kit designs. Most don't because there's no need to, in my ('trying to be clever' of course 😅) opinion.

Just now, JoeH said:

I make posts, you make posts, yet I'm the one "trying to" do something and not you? Makes sense.

I would say maybe one or two Championship clubs actually do a fans consultation on the kit designs. Most don't because there's no need to, in my ('trying to be clever' of course 😅) opinion.

Have you not heard of market research?.  If you had you wouldn't have made that statement about customers not being involved with new products before they are brought to market.

Just pointing it out, you always say stuff with such certainty that you plainly know nothing about. 

Just saying like.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just pointing it out, you always say stuff with such certainty that you plainly know nothing about. 

We all say things with certainty, otherwise why would any of us say anything? Why have a thread all about the kits if nobody can make comment on the kit situation unless they work in the Marketing Department at Nike or Umbro?

Seems like another case of just making a passing comment about a person rather than their post in my opinion, for no real reason! I don't get it.

In my view, the club has no duty to involve the supporters in the kit design process. You could argue they may benefit from doing it, but they certainly don't have to. if you go back to the original comment on this matter, the complaint from somebody was that the "fans are always last to know" on everything - my point, which is now going off on a tangent - is that of course we're the last to know, as we are the end user.

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

you always say stuff with such certainty that you plainly know nothing about. 

I know a lot about marketing to be honest as it's heavily involved in a lot of the work I do , and whilst the Rovers fans may enjoy involvement in the kit design process (I know I would!), I don't actually believe it would help the club with sales in any tangible way.

Whenever people post concept ideas for kits there's always a 50/50 split between hate and love, and whether fans are involved or not, I think you'll always come out with a fairly similar sales report at the end of play.

Again, just my take on things.

The idea of involving fans in kit design seems like a logical idea but when your design of kit is not chosen human nature kicks in and some fans will simply not buy on principal. Fans will have too many ideas that you wont please everyone but will alienate others. Again ..human nature.

Let the club/supplier design them for me..'thats the shirt lads ..like it or lump it' !.. most fans end up with their  blue n white spex on and slowly fall in love with most shirt designs when they see it in the flesh ..on the players ..on tv ..down the pub etc ..

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

In terms of merchandise that’s exactly what we are... at all clubs that’s the real world of football.

Couldn’t disagree more.

That’s not the real world of football, it’s the fake and reality-removed world of marketing and why Rovers shirts are always being sold off cheaply at the end of each season, while we end up with fewer fans and unable to afford to pay for the basics.

It’s the same reason I shake my head when people say football is a business.

In both cases, making money is a byproduct of the football and the connection fans have to their club, not the main aim.

We don’t support Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Ltd, we support Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Forget that at your peril. You and Waggott.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Couldn’t disagree more.

That’s not the real world of football, it’s the fake and reality-removed world of marketing and why Rovers shirts are always being sold off cheaply at the end of each season, while we end up with fewer fans and unable to afford to pay for the basics.

It’s the same reason I shake my head when people say football is a business.

In both cases, making money is a byproduct of the football and the connection fans have to their club, not the main aim.

We don’t support Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Ltd, we support Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Forget that at your peril. You and Waggott.

Your version is one of fantasy in my view. It's not that I WANT it to be that way, more that it IS that way. Realism, not memory loss.