BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

My daughter is down at Ewood this week.

All the Umbro advertising etc is still in situ. No hurry eh lads?...

They have probably been told to look after their own timescale for delivery of the kit.

On 12/07/2021 at 18:28, Tom said:

It’s weird I went to the ewood concourse sale a couple of weeks back and when I was paying heard a chap (who I believe to be Warren Lucy going off his voice) talking to the retail manager saying he’d seen something in the flesh and it was majestic.

I assumed he was referring to the kit and a teaser or reveal was imminent but nothing since 

…or Warren has a new wine supplier….

The Millwall Macron kit has been revealed. Interestingly for a release date of 23rd July 2021, so I wouldn't expect the Rovers kit to be released by then (next Friday).

I have to say its another attractive effort (IMHO)

millwall_2021_2022_home_kit_1.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday are in the same position as Rovers, having just joined the Macron group. They too are playing in pre-season strips for their friendlies...enabled I'm sure by a more traditional striped design, and therefore using a Macron Teamwear design.

Expect to see the Rovers/Wednesday strips be revealed and released at the same time.

gettyimages-1233851465-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.79e34b5285a8ce9969cd0f8330df3550.jpg

Looking for clues from this, Wednesday do flip-flop between their shorts colours, blue/black. Interesting to see the preseason kit has black shorts....maybe a nod to their official design?

As for Rovers, I think the blue shorts are a nod to contrast with the white shirt, rather than using blue shorts with the home kit (last seen in 04/05) although..maybe the choice of sock colour...could mean a return to white rather than blue?

Could be way off the mark.

Edited by rog of the rovers

There's a few things that make me think it isn't real.

The Macron logo on the sleeve is too low down compared to every other Macron made shirt. Plus it only appears to be on one sleeve as opposed to both.

The Macron logo on the front seems too small compared to the other shirts they have made.

The little box in the bottom right corner isn't a Macron thing. They usually use a line of text saying 'MPerformanceSystem'.

Edited by Gumbi

17 minutes ago, IrelandsRover said:

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/19441184.macron-replace-hummel-southend-uniteds-new-technical-kit-partner/

Southend announce Macron as kit supplier. Pre orders from August 2nd, collection August 15th

Therefore not ready for August 7th, League 2 kick off

Southend are now in the Conference not League Two. Not sure if that makes any difference to their kick off.

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

The away kit is red & black halves unless a certain member of the Rovers squad is telling porkies. Which I highly doubt

As much as fans loved that kit I'm sure it was said to have 'cannibalised' sales of the home shirt, ultimately reducing revenue. I'd therefore be (happily) surprised if they went back to it. 

3 hours ago, alex l said:

As much as fans loved that kit I'm sure it was said to have 'cannibalised' sales of the home shirt, ultimately reducing revenue. I'd therefore be (happily) surprised if they went back to it. 

Surely if sales of the away shirt are so impressive to decimate the sales of the home, then that’s still a positive for the club, with sales just up in general?

13 hours ago, JoeH said:

The away kit is red & black halves unless a certain member of the Rovers squad is telling porkies. Which I highly doubt

excellent choice if it is red and black halves

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Although we seem to be struggling to get one out, I bet we have a third kit this year.

why would we need one if the home strip is blue and white halves and away strip red and black halves? So no need at at

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

excellent choice if it is red and black halves

why would we need one if the home strip is blue and white halves and away strip red and black halves? So no need at at

Of course we don’t need a third kit to prevent any clashes. However, I expect that having a third kit will be seen as an ideal opportunity to squeeze a few more quid out of our dwindling supporter base.

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Of course we don’t need a third kit to prevent any clashes. However, I expect that having a third kit will be seen as an ideal opportunity to squeeze a few more quid out of our dwindling supporter base.

Didn't have one last season and don't expect one this season