BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

2 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Nice kit. If it's not 50 quid I will get 1 or 2. Odd to get Armstrong to model it if he will leave before he actually wears it....

Think you may be disappointed there. It's guaranteed to be £50.

Just checked & the 21/22 Forest Home kit (also Macron) is £50 on their club shop website, so I can't see ours being any different.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Nice kit. If it's not 50 quid I will get 1 or 2. Odd to get Armstrong to model it if he will leave before he actually wears it....

I thought him, Nyambe and Dack were an odd trio to put forward.

Probably going, possibly going (but very likely next year if not this) and injured for the first half of the coming season.

• Like 2

Interesting opinions on here. FWIW my take is that it is a lovely shirt & if I was on holiday in Zurich & saw it in a local sports shop, I’d probably buy it, in the same way I once bought a blue & white halved Nike FC Porto shirt.

I confidently predict it will be an outrageous commercial success, especially amongst younger fans but….

As some have already said, dispense with history & tradition at your peril. It looks more like a Grasshoppers shirt than a Rovers shirt. 

If I ever run the club this will never happen again*…😉

*except for the away kit…have some fun with that by all means…

53C6F1F5-8D87-4DD3-9965-7F1EB7E456A0.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s a fairly inoffensive kit. I don’t like disregarding tradition like this and some recent kits have done nor do I like the collar. But it’s no longer vile like that one we had where the logo looked like the top profile of a toilet That said I don’t like the lighter blue ones so the colour looks about right could still go darker for me (will reserve full judgment until see it in the flesh).

In terms of commercial success would I buy one. No not at any price as a bloke in his late 30s. So I’m not their target demographic. 

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

to be fair, its proper halves though. Reversed means we should technically call it Blue and White Quarters and Not Blue and White Halves 

Traditionally the Rovers have worn blue and white quarters. The "reversed halves" on the back make the whole shirt quarters.

This will be only the second season where we have worn blue and white halves. It's not a traditional shirt. I hope this isn't the thin end of the wedge for permanently changing our design beyond recognition.

No doubt Jim and many others will like it though. I don't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Traditionally the Rovers have worn blue and white quarters. The "reversed halves" on the back make the whole shirt quarters.

I agree. Bristol rovers would be blue and white quarters. Blackburn rovers are blue and white halves reversed. Or at least we used to be. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2