BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its good that the local councillor in the Brockhall area sounds against the Rovers plan of building homes on the STC and building a new training complex at the Academy site. 

I would have thought the club would have hold interviews with local and national media(if they are interested) in this new project today. You would have thought they wouldn't wait to show off the digital plans of the new Training complex. 

The new Leicester training ground is state of the art and We should be looking to build a similar sort state of the art facilities. Not asking for 21 training pitches but we shouldn't be downsizing our training facilities if we are still aiming for the Premier League.  

I think the reason they haven't been crowing about digital plans is they simply don't have any to show, Chaddy. I'd save yourself the wasted anticipation of seeing them. It's clear they wanted to sneak this under the radar, at least for the time being.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Re: Jack's legacy, and given how long it takes ideas to die, it's not to be sniffed at.

'Jack's legacy' is so integral to the spirit of Blackburn Rovers and punching above our weight.

Much like the reason it takes racism and homophobia so long to die away, is that it generally takes 2 generations for ideas to disappear. The reason we still obsess about the World Wars are that there are still grandparents alive who fought in them.

Only when those born 2010+ are left will Jack's legacy begin to fall away in spirit imo.

Dismissing it is a nonsense.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I just find it strange that we seem to do so well with the under 23s consistently, but so few players make the breakthrough. You would think with us up with the big clubs at that level this season, we would have more young lads knocking on the door of the first team. 

Find me another club with as many Academy Graduates in it's 1st team squad, especially at Championship level. Our success rate is exceptional.  

• Like 2

One point about this proposal. In the discussions about possible successors to the present manager there are some names flying round - Howe, Lampard etc- which had already struck me as completely unrealistic. Nobody now can surely believe that those sorts of managers are going to be attracted to a club which wants to sell off half its training grounds ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Find me another club with as many Academy Graduates in it's 1st team squad, especially at Championship level. Our success rate is exceptional.  

I would say probably Leeds, Wolves and Villa are the only ones with more over the last few seasons. Yet, look where they are. All whilst our under age teams excel. Maybe it's the manager and coaching. For real outlay on it ,I can't help but feel we need more from them on the field, or at least ,more in transfer fees. 

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

One point about this proposal. In the discussions about possible successors to the present manager there are some names flying round - Howe, Lampard etc- which had already struck me as completely unrealistic. Nobody now can surely believe that those sorts of managers are going to be attracted to a club which wants to sell off half its training grounds ?

Venky's motto - onwards and downwards.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Reason 407 to try and justify keeping the present flapper, you're persistent i'll give you that.

The likes of them get sacked for less than some of Mowbrays death spirals.  It wouldn't need a Howe or Lampard to upgrade from TM. Something a bit more realistic like a championship over achiever with a lesser budget might be a start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Reason 407 to try and justify keeping the present flapper, you're persistent i'll give you that.

The likes of them get sacked for less than some of Mowbrays death spirals.  It wouldn't need a Howe or Lampard to upgrade from TM. Something a bit more realistic like a championship over achiever with a lesser budget might be a start.

Pity they don't have a name.

36 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How do you feel about the proposals? 

Spoke to a Coventry fan today and what Tony, Mark and Steve did to that club. They are very bitter. Have Venkey’s been conned again. If so, shame on you, Tony!!! Not the nice guy he makes out - according to Coventry City fans. This could be worrying. The rollercoaster ride could be about to start again!

• Like 1

Some terrific posts on here today. Bleak as things are currently, it does makes things feel that bit better to know there are people who still vividly remember what it felt like to be a superbly-run, professional outfit, and the high standards set by Jack Walker and, latterly, people like John Williams, Tom Finn, Graeme Souness and Mark Hughes.

As some posters have mentioned - apart from the lack-of-brain-cells issue - the reaction of many 'supporters' to the cynical PR-job by the club makes me think that, all things considered, they just aren't that bothered about the club.

Edited by Roverall
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I have to say also that as upsetting and concerning as this news has been it has stirred a dormant emotion inside me. Over the last 12-18 months I have really questioned my love for it all any more but then this sort of development has hit a nerve and wound me up about things like I haven't been for some considerable time.

Not for good reasons or the right reasons, but it at least reminds me that I still care deeply about the club and what it used to be and should be.

It has also brought things into focus with the three stooges in place there now. Previously I had them down as genuine and honest albeit limited in their abilities. This has rapidly turned into an intense dislike and a desire to see them gone from this club asap 

For me everything is so much clearer. There are enemies on the payroll and I want them gone. 

Suddenly Watford and Coventry at home becomes insignificant especially when I can't even be there.

Its also good to see so many of us on here united in our passion, concern and horror at what they have planned. Its refreshing to see so many who care rather than the deluded numpties on Facebook who can't see the wood from the trees.

There are enemies on the payroll and I want them gone...Indeed, Exactly my feelings! They are still here...

• Like 4

There are some great views on here, sad, personal and some that are borne out of media and utter speculation!

It was always going to come to this if you think long term, be it a good/bad or a simple business decision.

BRFC is a pale shadow of what it was in the 90’s through to 2010. It is not a club run professionally or competently and it has been bled of money over the last 10 years. If there was ever a time to completely rebuild the club it is now and that means running a budget properly and as it stands I do not believe the infrastructure is competent or able enough.

So the future? I am uncertain where we will be as a club after next season, will it be promotion or relegation? Will we have financial backing or not?

For the time being, Rovers fans will live in hope that we see out this season without any further disgraceful displays and keep our heads above the dogfight of the relegation threatened teams.

Next season, virus permitting, it is time for ALL Rovers fans to come together and to enjoy the season together because it might well prove to be the last one as we know it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Very disturbed by them - clearly an attempt by the owners to stem the losses they are making through their continued ownership of the club. Hopefully the proposals will not be implemented.

First Post you've ever made I more or less agree with.

The only qualification I would make is that we don't know for certain yet if the owners are the actual instigators of this idea or have been told the full story behind the same.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

First Post you've ever made I more or less agree with.

The only qualification I would make is that we don't know for certain yet if the owners are the actual instigators of this idea or have been told the full story behind the same.

My hunch is that the idea will have come from external consultants - Venkys do not seem to trust employees to any significant degree.

OTIUM ENTERTAINMENT GROUP LIMITED - Company Credit Reports, Company Accounts, Director Search Reports (companysearchesmadesimple.com)

This is the company that bought Coventry's training ground (on the cheap apparently) and sold it on for housing. They were/are an offshoot of SISU, the people who owned CCFC. 

Anyway, contained in the link is an interesting 'timeline overview' of appointments to the board of the company. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

I don't think they are and i doubt Mowbray is much involved with it although imo he's a whole lot craftier than he comes across.

The best description of it all was from a poster who correctly pointed out that every aspect of the club has ended up dumbed down under Venkys reign.  This was the only but that bore resemblance to what it was before.

Not it's just its turn the roulette ball has finally landed on it.

31 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Some terrific posts on here today. Bleak as things are currently, it does makes things feel that bit better to know there are people who still vividly remember what it felt like to be a superbly-run, professional outfit, and the high standards set by Jack Walker and, latterly, people like John Williams, Tom Finn, Graeme Souness and Mark Hughes.

As some posters have mentioned - apart from the lack-of-brain-cells issue - the reaction of many 'supporters' to the cynical PR-job by the club makes me think that, all things considered, they just aren't that bothered about the club.

They just believe that by backing the club in everything they do, it makes them a top supporter. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I have to say also that as upsetting and concerning as this news has been it has stirred a dormant emotion inside me. Over the last 12-18 months I have really questioned my love for it all any more but then this sort of development has hit a nerve and wound me up about things like I haven't been for some considerable time.

Not for good reasons or the right reasons, but it at least reminds me that I still care deeply about the club and what it used to be and should be.

It has also brought things into focus with the three stooges in place there now. Previously I had them down as genuine and honest albeit limited in their abilities. This has rapidly turned into an intense dislike and a desire to see them gone from this club asap 

For me everything is so much clearer. There are enemies on the payroll and I want them gone. 

Suddenly Watford and Coventry at home becomes insignificant especially when I can't even be there.

Its also good to see so many of us on here united in our passion, concern and horror at what they have planned. Its refreshing to see so many who care rather than the deluded numpties on Facebook who can't see the wood from the trees.

Great Post, fully agree.

I think if we see the back of the Coventry 3 with Championship status and our current assets still intact it will be a victory of sorts.

People talk about the Jack Walker Legacy as though it's nothing to be particularly precious over, what about the Steve Waggott legacy? As far as I can see all he has achieved in doing is reducing the season ticket base by nearly 75% from c10k to c 2.5k by raising prices in a season where no-one could attend and now he wants to flog off our only substantial fixed asset.

What the hell will be left if this man is let to operate unchecked until he retires?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

My hunch is that the idea will have come from external consultants - Venkys do not seem to trust employees to any significant degree.

Waggot already mentioned this a good while ago so i'm quite certain it'll be his baby. Recent times have just given him the justification to try and get it in motion.

• Like 1