BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

If you look at Twitter accounts for Sharpe and Bayes, I think you will see a few have tried to 'rattle their cage' a bit.

I don't think either are confrontational type of guys and strike me as being a bit 'jobsworthy' and anything for an easy life.  Neither strike me as being ambitious and therefore I don't think we can rely upon them to help to get to the bottom of all this or to pull a few skeletons out of cupboards.

If Sharpe and Bayes read BRFCS then I would be delighted if they went and proved me wrong though I'm not holding my breath!

In fairness to Sharpe, it's clear from the interview with Mowbray last week that he has been asking him questions Mogga doesn't like lately. It was a very defensive interview in which he pointed the finger pretty directly at Sharpe for having the temerity to ask questions about his decisions.

He is far from a terrier of a journalist, but from that and some of the language he chooses in his articles sometimes, I'm pretty sure he is on the cynic side of the bridge right now. Just probably being careful of losing the LT their occasionally exclusive access.

• Like 4

If you go back and read Mowbray's comments when Venus joined Coventry as Technical Director it is interesting and baffling. 

I certainly don't think there was such freedom or scope when they were working at Celtic, or indeed at Peace's West Brom or Gibson's Middlesbrough. Yet the trio seem to have had immense power at absent ownership regimes at both Coventry and now Blackburn.

Keep on joining dots.

Screenshot_20210223-160737_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Obviously we're not self sufficient, and we have no absolute right to expect Venky's to keep ploughing £20m p.a. into us indefinitely, but as they're way richer than the Walkers, is it not reasonable to hope they wouldn't flog of the fixed assets of the Club for short term gain?

Especially when there's a covenant specifically prohibiting a future owner from doing this sort of thing.

And that's before getting into the realms of ascertaining whether or not it is actually their baby and that all net profits from this would be flowing back to the Club.

It might be being done to help meet FFP regulations. My concern is that this is a one off thing - once sold - BRFC assets are permanently reduced, with no real wriggle room.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you go back and read Mowbray's comments when Venus joined Coventry as Technical Director it is interesting and baffling. 

I certainly don't think there was such freedom or scope when they were working at Celtic, or indeed at Peace's West Brom or Gibson's Middlesbrough. Yet the trio seem to have had immense power at absent ownership regimes at both Coventry and now Blackburn.

Keep on joining dots.

Screenshot_20210223-160737_Chrome.jpg

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Again.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Think it's a touch unfair to target Sharpe. Seems to me an editorial decision to treat the issue as a news/housing one rather than a Rovers one. Not his fault.

Plus he's not afraid to ask difficult questions of a manager, as we're seeing in recent weeks.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like Mowbray hasnt been involved much in the merge decision. Doesnt sound excited by the plans. 

Dont think he will be around when/if merge happens as manager 

Wow, his demeanour went south fast as that interview progressed.

He managed to get a Boro plug in to.

• Like 4

Hell fire he's getting arsey now with the press it won't be long before he's having his own PR man stood there.

I thought he was answering that quite well till a nerve was touched.  Surely the relevance of the question is going off the stats he's boasting why the feck aren't we scoring and getting results !

Touches in the box aren't chances or shots, half of them at least are just that...touches.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We seen a few people staring he retiring but you think they are wide of the mark. 

Can you state why you Waggott isn't retiring? 

I'll tell you why. 

Cos Waggot will get a massive bonus once he sells Brockhall and develops it.

I don't think Mowbray, Venus or Waggot will be gone soon, they will be in on the act and preparing for a nice tasty bonus.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont think we are that close to Mowbray walking away here. Hes sound fed up and like he had enough of the job

Yep, the last question stuck out when asked - 

And I know you're not big on milestones but four years at a football club is a pretty big achievement, is there anything that stands out in your time as manager that you take great pride in? A proud memory or a favourite moment?

No.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'll tell you why. 

Cos Waggot will get a massive bonus once he sells Brockhall and develops it.

I don't think Mowbray, Venus or Waggot will be gone soon, they will be in on the act and preparing for a nice tasty bonus.

Wag got will stay, he’ll be assisting with the administration Venky’s will put us in once they’ve asset stripped us. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wovers said:

And I know you're not big on milestones but four years at a football club is a pretty big achievement, is there anything that stands out in your time as manager that you take great pride in? A proud memory or a favourite moment?

No.

That is the answer of a stupid man who has allowed anger to control his good sense.

(He's angry at being asked why possession dominant play is not producing goals to win games)

This sort of emotion driven erratic behaviour is also shown when he just throws forwards on to chase a game, and expecting such chaos and team disarray to produce goals.

He's been prone to temper tantrums and strange behaviour for years and certainly back to his time at Celtic.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Wag got will stay, he’ll be assisting with the administration Venky’s will put us in once they’ve asset stripped us. 

Unfortunately, I think this is closer to the truth than people like to admit.

Venky's will leave one day and what other outcome is there ? Unless we get promoted of course!!!

When they leave they can either forgo collecting the debts and sell at a reaonalbe price or they can try to recoup as much as possible which will mean administration. Is the proposed sale of Brockhall the beginning of the end ?

The day of reckoning will come at some point.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wovers said:

No.

That's just Mowbrat being petulant. He's been like that since he started here. He was like that in L1 when it wasn't going well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wovers said:

No.

That answer says it all. 

12 minutes ago, toogs said:

That answer says it all. 

Sounds like he is hurt by all the recent criticism-on top of the bad run- and his anger is just triggered by a previous question.

I remember noticing a similar tone, although less extreme, just before that home game against Barnsley a couple of years back, which stopped a previous bad run.

Listening to the likes of Danny "The Carnage" Graham, it sounds like he does go into sulking mode, when things aren't going well.

Personally, I don't want to start vilifying him like Kean and Coyle. I still think he deserves better, but this isn't going to end well.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Unfortunately, I think this is closer to the truth than people like to admit.

Venky's will leave one day and what other outcome is there ? Unless we get promoted of course!!!

When they leave they can either forgo collecting the debts and sell at a reaonalbe price or they can try to recoup as much as possible which will mean administration. Is the proposed sale of Brockhall the beginning of the end ?

The day of reckoning will come at some point.

Will they ever leave though? If they are as rich as everyone says they are, is it conceivable - though utterly bonkers - that they could just keep covering the losses for decades to come? 

Edited by Roverall

12 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Will they ever leave though? If they are as rich as everyone says they are, is it conceivable - though utterly bonkers - that they could just keep covering the losses for decades to come? 

If they are going to go, part of me wishes they would just do it sooner rather than later, so we can start rebuilding, as opposed to this slow lingering death...( I know. Be careful what you wish for!)

Honestly, though, every single thing is worse, since the day they darkened our door.  And I don't want to be a character in a frigging Beckett play either, where there is no bleeding point to anything! Waiting for The Coventry Three

WTF are they even here?!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Think it's a touch unfair to target Sharpe. Seems to me an editorial decision to treat the issue as a news/housing one rather than a Rovers one. Not his fault.

Plus he's not afraid to ask difficult questions of a manager, as we're seeing in recent weeks.

Agreed.

He has to reel it in a bit or his job becomes effectively redundant. He wouldn't have much to report on if Mowbrays toys went out the pram and he was banned from attending u23 and first team games and interviews were a no go either.

Unfortunately he is one of few direct routes into the club, but at the end of the day you have to respect his decision not to jeopardise his career.

• Like 6