BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 hour ago, Roverall said:

Will they ever leave though? If they are as rich as everyone says they are, is it conceivable - though utterly bonkers - that they could just keep covering the losses for decades to come? 

I don't think they will be leaving anytime soon, sadly. There was talk that they want Balaji's son, who studies at Reading University, to eventually run the club. Does that mean there's another decade of this to come? An utterly depressing thought. We've got to hope that they either finally get fed up of losing millions every year and say 'enough's enough', or somebody makes them an offer that is too good to refuse (very unlikely, I know).

I long for the days when all I thought about was the football on the pitch. I never used to give the Walker Trust, John Williams, Tom Finn or Martin Goodman a second thought. That's because I didn't need to, as a result of the fantastic job they all did in making sure we were one of the best run clubs in the country.

Nowadays, I find myself becoming increasingly peed off with all of the charlatans that inhabit our club, the total lack of ambition and the absolute hogwash Mowbray comes out with. It takes the fun away from the actual football for me, because no matter what Mowbray says, the Coventry 3 do not want promotion to the Premier League and the owners clearly aren't bothered no matter how bad results get. What a crap situation this is.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Correct, yes.

Depends if they're gullible enough (yet again) to swallow the line about a world class state of the art training facility.

To spin it on it's head, if it's a nefarious asset stripping scheme originating from the owners why isn't Saint Tony speaking out strongly against it?

Again Rev, the buck stops with the owners, its as simple as that for me.

Until they sod off we are only ever 1 step away from the next crisis.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

This simple insurmountable issue was why Jack Walker developed the second site elsewhere. A simple fact that the bottom site didn't have the room nor freedoms to build what was required so he went up on the other site.

Unless brainbox Waggott has managed to do what Jack Walker couldn't do 20+ years ago with all his money, ambition and contacts and develop an all in one facility on Brockhall then the only conclusion to reach is that the planned facilities will be significantly inferior to what we already have.

Spot on 👍

48 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I don't think they will be leaving anytime soon, sadly. There was talk that they want Balaji's son, who studies at Reading University, to eventually run the club. Does that mean there's another decade of this to come? An utterly depressing thought. We've got to hope that they either finally get fed up of losing millions every year and say 'enough's enough', or somebody makes them an offer that is too good to refuse (very unlikely, I know).

I long for the days when all I thought about was the football on the pitch. I never used to give the Walker Trust, John Williams, Tom Finn or Martin Goodman a second thought. That's because I didn't need to, as a result of the fantastic job they all did in making sure we were one of the best run clubs in the country.

Nowadays, I find myself becoming increasingly peed off with all of the charlatans that inhabit our club, the total lack of ambition and the absolute hogwash Mowbray comes out with. It takes the fun away from the actual football for me, because no matter what Mowbray says, the Coventry 3 do not want promotion to the Premier League and the owners clearly aren't bothered no matter how bad results get. What a crap situation this is.

I reckon he might well be running it now or having a hand in it.  Remember when he came to visit for a game not long ago ?

Remember the front foot in your face performance and tactics Mowbray employed that day ?  Tactics we've rarely seen since, they know what they are doing down there, stringing everybody along.

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I reckon he might well be running it now or having a hand in it.  Remember when he came to visit for a game not long ago ?

Remember the front foot in your face performance and tactics Mowbray employed that day ?  Tactics we've rarely seen since, they know what they are doing down there, stringing everybody along.

I thought it was rumoured to be Mrs Desai's son?  I met someone I understood to be him a few years ago when, if it was him, he looked about 17 or 18.

Really polite intelligent young lad. If he was involved in the running of the Club I wouldn't have any worries subject to him having acquired the necessary qualifications in the interim of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought it was rumoured to be Mrs Desai's son?  I met someone I understood to be him a few years ago when, if it was him, he looked about 17 or 18.

Really polite intelligent young lad. If he was involved in the running of the Club I wouldn't have any worries subject to him having acquired the necessary qualifications in the interim of course.

Balaji's son as far as i'm aware but there could well end up a group of the younger generation involved one day who knows.

It was his son who got the star treatment here a while back and the 5 star performance.

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Do you know what asset stripping means ? Genuine question...

Selling the land we own and our better players to start with? Making money by selling what they can before pulling the plug. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He could well be. It just goes to show the difference that could be made if the owners applied a bit of pressure. If they were present at more games I don't think we'd see half as much of the weird selections and lacklustre performances that we have to put up with.

It's their lack of presence and the lack of accountability at the club that has caused the holiday camp mentality. At the moment it's far too easy for Mowbray to send messages to India via the press and simply carry on with the "we go again next week lads" approach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

He could well be. It just goes to show the difference that could be made if the owners applied a bit of pressure. If they were present at more games I don't think we'd see half as much of the weird selections and lacklustre performances that we have to put up with.

It's their lack of presence and the lack of accountability at the club that has caused the holiday camp mentality. At the moment it's far too easy for Mowbray to send messages to India via the press and simply carry on with the "we go again next week lads" approach.

Totally agree i think if big Baz's lad was sat in the directors box most home games at least there'd be a presence.  He could see for his own eyes some of the plodding and rotating and lack of urgency.

You certainly don't want owners meddling but asking the right questions in presence is no bad thing.  Mowbray has been one very lucky fella here in that regards by the looks of it.  He didn't get away with it at Boro for as long.

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont think Mowbray is bother about money. Never seem Money motivated imo

He walked away from Coventry with nothing. 

Really? It's just a coincidence then that the Coventry 3 happen to be here all together and just happen to be talking of selling a training ground, just like the 3 of them did when at Coventry. And it's pure chance that the other two were recommended for their posts by TM. Absolutely nothing to see here at all.

And the fact that TM is sounding more like Kean every day with crackers interviews and yet is still here suggests what? He sounds like he has lost the plot but hasn't resigned, why? Why so many bizarre and utterly flawed excuses if not desperately trying to hold on? 

No, TM is a dodgy one. Smarter than the last lot as they played the long game but still as dodge and third rate as the rest. 

I love the way so many of you gling to hope, but alas Gav is right there is no hope whilst they remain.

Assest stripping, loss mitigation, who cares, we are lesser than we were before they arrived and are still clearly not at rock bottom.  I hate to think where we will be at the end of their tenure.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

It’s not asset stripping if they pump in £200m first. It’s loss mitigation. 

Sorry, I’m no expert 🙂 Whatever it is though, it isn’t good. They aren’t switched on, attentive or reactive enough to set us up to win promotion. 

I’ve never understood why they pump all that money in and then don’t seem to care.  How hard would it be to get someone with some football knowledge advising them? 

This season was win or bust. We’re not going up now(they’ve waited far too long to change the manager, it was still possible up to recently), so I believe they will be calling it a day. After they’ve recouped/mitigated as much as they can of course. 

Won’t be long until they’ve flushed their precious baby down the toilet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Really? It's just a coincidence then that the Coventry 3 happen to be here all together and just happen to be talking of selling a training ground, just like the 3 of them did when at Coventry. And it's pure chance that the other two were recommended for their posts by TM. Absolutely nothing to see here at all.

And the fact that TM is sounding more like Kean every day with crackers interviews and yet is still here suggests what? He sounds like he has lost the plot but hasn't resigned, why? Why so many bizarre and utterly flawed excuses if not desperately trying to hold on? 

No, TM is a dodgy one. Smarter than the last lot as they played the long game but still as dodge and third rate as the rest. 

Tony is not a nice man. He’s a sinister, selfish, arrogant man. Maybe he just pretends to be a bit thick to be more likeable. With all this I’m starting to hate him as much as I did Kean. I just wish we could go to the matches. This is more helpless than the Anderson days 😞 

• Like 1

Dan, can you clarify what you said about 'go up or bust' please? I'm not as clued up on the financials as I should be.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sorry, I’m no expert 🙂 Whatever it is though, it isn’t good. They aren’t switched on, attentive or reactive enough to set us up to win promotion. 

I’ve never understood why they pump all that money in and then don’t seem to care.  How hard would it be to get someone with some football knowledge advising them? 

This season was win or bust. We’re not going up now(they’ve waited far too long to change the manager, it was still possible up to recently), so I believe they will be calling it a day. After they’ve recouped/mitigated as much as they can of course. 

Won’t be long until they’ve flushed their precious baby down the toilet.  

11 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Dan, can you clarify what you said about 'go up or bust' please? I'm not as clued up on the financials as I should be.

Every season we don’t go up, we are losing massive amounts of money. If we did go up, Venky’s would see a large amount of money come into the club. The longer it goes on, the more they lose. 

This is just my opinion, it’s not been officially said anywhere.