BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

21 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Will they ever leave though? If they are as rich as everyone says they are, is it conceivable - though utterly bonkers - that they could just keep covering the losses for decades to come? 

Arguably they could - which makes this scheme to recoup potentially no more than a year's running losses all the more bizarre and makes you wonder if they'll be the actual beneficiaries of the scheme.

29 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Will they ever leave though? If they are as rich as everyone says they are, is it conceivable - though utterly bonkers - that they could just keep covering the losses for decades to come? 

Sophie's choice - administration or perpetual occupation by Venky's

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Agreed.

He has to reel it in a bit or his job becomes effectively redundant. He wouldn't have much to report on if Mowbrays toys went out the pram and he was banned from attending u23 and first team games and interviews were a no go either.

Unfortunately he is one of few direct routes into the club, but at the end of the day you have to respect his decision not to jeopardise his career.

In the eyes of many, taking up causes close to the heart of the community you work with would enhance his career. Doing nothing about anything would jeopardise it.

The same would apply to the editor as well.

Edited by den

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like Mowbray hasnt been involved much in the merge decision. Doesnt sound excited by the plans. 

Dont think he will be around when/if merge happens as manager 

Mowbray's lack of enthusiasm for the plan exposes it for what it is, an asset grabbing exercise.

The only positive he can put on it is that everyone would be under the same roof. He can stroll across the road and look at the kids now if he really wanted to  FFS. He also admits that the current Academy building on it's own wouldn't be adequate. 

"Probably above my pay grade to comment" If he as the man in charge of footballing matters can't then who the he'll can?

"These things take time" I.e. Hope no-one realises there's absolutely nothing wrong with the existing facilities and that me Steve and Mark are long gone before everyone realises the Club has been scammed".

Someone save us from these 3 chancers- on and off the pitch.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 7

Think there's something going on with Mowbray.

Think he would have been telling the world if he'd had input into the Brockhall plans.

Body language, petulance, IMO, says it all.

Perhaps the end is in sight.

If you have a spare tenner, I'd put it on Alex Neil as next Rovers' manager - wouldn't be my choice but the whisper isn't going away.

I simply refuse to believe or accept Mowbray's suggestion that the training ground stunt is above his pay grade and inference that he's had nothing to do with it. 

This is a guy who has been undisputed 'boss' of the club now for 4 years. Survived longer than anyone else has under Venkys, is the man who goes off to India and has the power to influence his budget, recommend investment in players and training ground changes, appoints or recommends his mate from Coventry as Chief Executive. He has the club basically eating out of his hands and the owners like him.

Yet I'm supposed to believe that he's not been even consulted on this and it has happened behind his back.

Sorry Tony, I'm not buying it. He'll know this is a very sensitive subject that has the potential to spill over into something much more messy with the fans. He's distancing himself from the project and instead pointing people in the direction of invisible and silent 'superiors' who will never be identified nor questioned on it.

The only good news is that he accepts it will take many years to deliver. Hopefully by then him and his mates will be a distant memory and we can forget all about this scheme. 

• Like 6

Just now, JHRover said:

I simply refuse to believe or accept Mowbray's suggestion that the training ground stunt is above his pay grade and inference that he's had nothing to do with it. 

This is a guy who has been undisputed 'boss' of the club now for 4 years. Survived longer than anyone else has under Venkys, is the man who goes off to India and has the power to influence his budget, recommend investment in players and training ground changes, appoints or recommends his mate from Coventry as Chief Executive. He has the club basically eating out of his hands and the owners like him.

Yet I'm supposed to believe that he's not been even consulted on this and it has happened behind his back.

Sorry Tony, I'm not buying it. He'll know this is a very sensitive subject that has the potential to spill over into something much more messy with the fans. He's distancing himself from the project and instead pointing people in the direction of invisible and silent 'superiors' who will never be identified nor questioned on it.

The only good news is that he accepts it will take many years to deliver. Hopefully by then him and his mates will be a distant memory and we can forget all about this scheme. 

Yes to be honest I got an immediate whiff of BS about it. It's in keeping with all the humble Boro boy stuff,right down to the faux modesty of "oh that's above my pay grade". 

Says the guy who appointed the CEO! 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Sounds like he is hurt by all the recent criticism-on top of the bad run- and his anger is just triggered by a previous question.

I remember noticing a similar tone, although less extreme, just before that home game against Barnsley a couple of years back, which stopped a previous bad run.

Listening to the likes of Danny "The Carnage" Graham, it sounds like he does go into sulking mode, when things aren't going well.

Personally, I don't want to start vilifying him like Kean and Coyle. I still think he deserves better, but this isn't going to end well.

I don’t think he’s like Kean (at leasti hope not!) but I think some of the things he says are Keanesque to say the least.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Bottom line. I can't think of one good thing that the Loons have done any better since they took over. Utter disaster. Hate their tenure.

.......and this is the crux of the matter, all this other bullshit trying to paint Mowbray, Waggot and the academy caretaker as the villains of the piece, just misses the point.

Those 3 idiots in Pune are responsible, the rest is completely irrelevant and until they piss off this club will never progress. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

.......and this is the crux of the matter, all this other bullshit trying to paint Mowbray, Waggot and the academy caretaker as the villains of the piece, just misses the point.

Its like posters have been asleep for the past 10yrs....

Those 3 idiots in Pune are responsible, the rest is completely irrelevant and until they piss off this club will never progress. 

Yet Coventry floundered under the stewardship of Waggott, Mowbray and Venus and there was an eerily similar plot afoot at Coventry to "put everything under one roof".

Then as soon as those 3 leave, Coventry go from strength to strength.

Come on Gav, you can't blame that on Venky's!

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet Coventry floundered under the stewardship of Waggott, Mowbray and Venus and there was an eerily similar plot afoot at Coventry to "put everything under one roof".

I do...

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I blame everything on venkys because they're the owners!

Only Venkys can sell the training ground Rev.

The buck stops with them.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

I blame everything on venkys because they're the owners!

Only Venkys can sell the training ground Rev.

The buck stops with them.

Correct, yes.

Depends if they're gullible enough (yet again) to swallow the line about a world class state of the art training facility.

To spin it on it's head, if it's a nefarious asset stripping scheme originating from the owners why isn't Saint Tony speaking out strongly against it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

After the exorcism, Regan was battered, bruised and exhausted, .......but she did survive....

Gav's going to love this one.......

I'd rather Venky's funded us for a while longer (under a decent manager) than we go into administration and Waggott pops up again fronting another shell Company looking to purchase our golden share on the cheap.

And when I say "rather" that's somewhat of an understatement.

Waggott's the nominal CEO at Ewood. He's the obvious "brains" behind this scheme and will have sold it to the owners as a good idea to claw some money back (and probably get a bonus for himself). Venky's, who have little or no input in the day to day running of the club as far as fans can tell, don't appear to be the villains here 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nothing to see here, chaps. Jerome Anderson didn't exist. Venky's control every detail from India🤣

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

What he actually said was that is was above his pay grade to give a strong opinion on it, which is slightly different. But, yeah, he's full of shit. His answers gave him away. The reference to the same amalgamation of sites being done at Boro, the fact he called it a positive thing. He clearly has a strong opinion on it and will have as much input as anyone. 

Everything Tony Mowbray said on training ground plans, chance conversion and his anniversary - LancsLive

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Waggott's the nominal CEO at Ewood. He's the obvious "brains" behind this scheme and will have sold it to the owners as a good idea to claw some money back (and probably get a bonus for himself). Venky's, who have little or no input in the day to day running of the club as far as fans can tell, don't appear to be the villains here 

What if this has come to light too early and the Raos didn’t know anything about this exploratory phase? It could have been pre-pitch?

They may now all be waiting for the fall out from Pune...

• Like 1