BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

If these were grand new designs aimed at improving the clubs academy, surely they would have been bellowed from the rooftops with designs and all. 

Yet we have no designs and it was all done on the hush. 

What we do know is that the land has been measured up to fit 170 homes.

This has nothing to do with improving anything. Probably sold the idea to Pune who seem to listen to these guys and ever since cannot wait to get rid so they can get their cuts.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I wonder why Architects from Bedford were selected for the Design and Access Statement, no one local capable?

Probably the same ones they used for the attempted Coventry stitch up.

Coventry's training ground is in Rugby - not far at all from Bedford

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

If these were grand new designs aimed at improving the clubs academy, surely they would have been bellowed from the rooftops with designs and all. 

Yet we have no designs and it was all done on the hush. 

What we do know is that the land has been measured up to fit 170 homes.

This has nothing to do with improving anything. Probably sold the idea to Pune who seem to listen to these guys and ever since cannot wait to get rid so they can get their cuts.

Ewood next, we'll play home games at Gigg Lane, players will get the bus, as will all 40 ST holders.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

There are too many contradictions in the facts and what Waggot has said making this proposal not add up. Something is fishy and call it gut instinct. He's hiding something and I don't trust a word. 

1) In the interview he talked about covid costs, new pitch, trying to compete. VS In his next sentence that 100% of the STC sale income would go on upgrading the new training centre site. It might even cost more. Ok then Steve which is it. Why are you talking about other costs if 100% revenue is going into the redevelopment

2) We know the reason that the second site was purchased. There was simply not enough space on the original site where the academy now is to house everyone under one roof VS A new integrated state of the art training centre. It wasn't feasible before to have state of the art facilities under on the one site. It's factual, nothing has changed in that regard.

3) We've know we have Category 1 status on both sites so the line about them being built 30 years ago which gives the insinuation they are dilapidated old sheds which need upgrading is false VS Again saying the new centre would be state of the art. It already is state of the art. They have the official status to say so. Proof there is a slimy sales pitch, purposefully devaluing what we already have to get people who know no better on board. 

4) Waggot says that all the money will be invested in the new site VS When quizzed on plans for the new site, openly says there aren't any. Again proof this is a sales pitch. There are no plans, no costings nothing. There are £££ signs in his eyes and the lack of plans show that the sale has been what is considered, not what the club can gain from this in terms of infrastructure. The fact there are no plans show he is bullshitting. Why this wasn't questioned in the Q&A I have no idea. 

I could go on forever. But in summary there are no redevelopment plans yet he says 100% will be reinvested in the redevelopment, whilst also talking about other costs. Contradiction!! The academy isn't big enough for an integrated site, we are already state of the art, yet we are being told this would be an upgrade. Doesn't add up. He can't escape the fact they all have a very dark history from Coventry in this regard. It doesn't add up, it doesn't make sense and he is lying. I can't understand how anybody wouldn't be able to see the bloke isn't telling the whole truth. Somewhere there are some fat grubby fingers waiting to smash their way into some pies if this is given the go ahead and as far as I am concerned he can piss right off. 

The bloke has done absolutely naff all to justify his wage or improve us as a club apart from acting as a shield for Mowbray. Which whilst I'm at it. When have you ever seen a board member dissecting past games to back up excuses the manager is giving (obviously aimed at the owners). Absolute joke of a set up here. Always has been under Venkys. They never learn. Their negligence is about to cost us and them all over again!! Rant over. 

Brilliant post. Wished the journalists employed the same critical thinking and challenged him on it. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, darrenrover said:

FFS Paul, take a step back and think!

How do we increase our revenue? Well for a bloody start you stop pissing everybody off and engage and make them feel welcome and a part of the whole. 

Price tickets appropriately and do not forget that 10% of fuck all, is fuck all!

What about commercial revenue eh? How well are we doing on that front with 15% capacity FFS? Why do you think that may be? You're not trying to tell me that with an appropriate sales drive and competitively priced packages, we couldn't get at least 75% capacity?

Oh, guess what, performances on the pitch and a general body language that you do actually give a shit would make a world of difference.

With respect Paul, you need to get your head from up your arse and think positively, rather than sign up to even a fraction of the bollocks spouted by Mowbray, Venus and Waggott.

I apologise if I've over stepped the mark but FFS!!! 

I'm not a fan of Waggott as I said above, I like Mowbray, but think his time is up.  I'm all ears on the Brockhall debate.  Not sure how you got so many likes, but then again.....

7 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Thanks for providing these.

What a crock of absolute shite. Beautifully drawn plans of the proposed housing development and a red/white oblong where the new combined training centre might be! How can anyone be taken in by this?

So to cut though all the crap and hype about it being a new "state of the art" facility all that is happening here (if it happens at all) is that they're faithfully duplicating ("same scale") the existing senior training centre on the existing JTC site and we lose the additional facility for the Academy lads. 

In terms of pitches we lose the 5 full size outdoor pitches and one artificial full size outdoor pitch with floodlighting at the STC and a hundred metre running track. 

Currently no outdoor floodlit pitch at the JTC. And for all the talk of there being six pitches at the existing JTC if you look closely  it appears only 4 of those are fullsize and 2 or 3 are half-size or less.

So to summarise:

One new facility almost identical in size and specification to the existing STC,

5 outdoor pitches and one outdoor artificial pitch with floodlights and a stretch of running track lost.

No separate facilities for Juniors and Seniors.

No outdoor artificial floodlit pitch.

Seemingly no classrooms which is a requirement for Cat 1 Academy Status.

I'm speechless, it's worse than I thought.  I assumed that at least if we were going to lose pitches and the separate facilities they might try and build something that was significantly better than the originals, not just bloody scrap one and duplicate the other!

No wonder they wanted to try and push it through on the sly. Jack must be spinning.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No wonder they wanted to try and push it through on the sly. Jack must be spinning.

Quite right Rev. But no use complaining on here. What are fans going to do about it? 

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Quite right Rev. But no use complaining on here. What are fans going to do about it? 

Boycott - when we get the opportunity to go to matches again we should show our displeasure by not going.

If everybody does it then if could have an effect.

If everybody had done it years ago then we may have encouraged Venky's to leave and we wouldn't be in a position where the club's assets are being sold off for a bunch of false promises.

Protest march? Throwing river chickens on the pitch? Blockading the training ground? 

Last time there were big protests, not enough people got on board because some people just wanted to watch rovers no matter what. 

What they'd do if rovers went out of existence, I'm not quite sure

• Like 3

Just now, broadsword said:

Protest march? Throwing river chickens on the pitch? Blockading the training ground? 

Last time there were big protests, not enough people got on board because some people just wanted to watch rovers no matter what. 

Exactly. We can do things to make them feel uneasy at least. We need more people on board with these ideas.

Is a river chicken a duck ?

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You don't get regime change by staying away, in effect doing nothing.  

All those fans protesting at games, didn't get Steve K==n fired. The fans got slated for doing it.

Why bother going to the so-called consultation meetings? Club doesn't take minutes. Club controls the agenda, the questions and who gets to attend.

We've yet to have a statement from the collective representing the fans that Waggott and Mowbray have got to go.

The Rovers Trust statement opposing the sell off of the STC is welcome, but it needs all fan groups to oppose the plans, as well.

38 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Organised boycott - a totally empty stadium. That's not 'doing nothing'!

Staying at home, hoping the problem will go away, and you need virtually everyone to do it. It won't happen and it won't work

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Staying at home, hoping the problem will go away, and you need virtually everyone to do it. It won't happen and it won't work

Who said anything about staying at home?  Boycott / protest outside the stadium. 

We need virtually everybody to do it -  that's true but isn't virtually everybody against the Brockhall plans?

You asked the question "what are the fans going to do about it?" - Let's do something!

Being defeatist by saying 'it won't work' will get us nowhere. 

51 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I have reached the conclusion that much more can be achieved with less slog and more imagination-e.g. on line campaigns, banners on M'way bridges etc...

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

We need virtually everybody to do it -  that's true but isn't virtually everybody against the Brockhall plans?

If only!

The words “state of the art” have got a lot excited. Plenty of fans now happily trotting out rubbish about our facilities being “30 years old”, “tired”, “not fit for purpose”, “outdated”, “behind the times”.

In the eyes of many, Venky’s can do no wrong. Apparently, “Their only mistake was trusting the wrong person”. By extension, Waggott is viewed as a savvy operator, doing an excellent job in trying circumstances rather than the disingenuous serial failure who is in way over his head that he is in reality. To be fair to him and Mowbray, they did a great PR job on Friday. 

There are only 5 people who have had anything to do with Rovers in the last decade who deserve anything other than blind praise in the eyes of these people. Steve Kean, Jerome Anderson, Danny Murphy, Jason Lowe and Paul Lambert. Shebby Singh gets a bit of an eye roll, but that’s it. It’s astonishing.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If only!

The words “state of the art” have got a lot excited. Plenty of fans now happily trotting out rubbish about our facilities being “30 years old”, “tired”, “not fit for purpose”, “outdated”, “behind the times”.

In the eyes of many, Venky’s can do no wrong. Apparently, “Their only mistake was trusting the wrong person”. By extension, Waggott is viewed as a savvy operator, doing an excellent job in trying circumstances rather than the disingenuous serial failure who is in way over his head that he is in reality. To be fair to him and Mowbray, they did a great PR job on Friday. 

There are only 5 people who have had anything to do with Rovers in the last decade who deserve anything other than blind praise in the eyes of these people. Steve Kean, Jerome Anderson, Danny Murphy, Jason Lowe and Paul Lambert. Shebby Singh gets a bit of an eye roll, but that’s it. It’s astonishing.

And what about the appointment of Coyle? I don't remember anyone being happy with that - even the people you are describing in your post.

The uptake of 1875 protest during the Wolves match had a good level of participation. Even Birdy was up for it.

There are people who will blindly approve everything the club does but the more enlightened fans need to step up to the plate. 

It won't be long before we are all saying 'if only' - if only we had tried something when we had the chance!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

And what about the appointment of Coyle? I don't remember anyone being happy with that - even the people you are describing in your post.

The uptake of 1875 protest during the Wolves match had a good level of participation. Even Birdy was up for it.

There are people who will blindly approve everything the club does but the more enlightened fans need to step up to the plate. 

It won't be long before we are all saying 'if only' - if only we had tried something when we had the chance!

Blind loyalty is a barrier, all right. However, enlightenment is the key for many. I remember an anonymous person depositing a bundle of 500-1000 leaflets for the attention the EWMC group. This was a list of facts about all that had been going on at the club with clear references etc.

I know a lot of fans were shocked to read it-even 4 years later....

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Blind loyalty is a barrier, all right. However, enlightenment is the key for many. I remember an anonymous person depositing a bundle of 500-1000 leaflets for the attention the EWMC group. This was a list of facts about all that had been going on at the club with clear references etc.

I know a lot of fans were shocked to read it-even 4 years later....

I remember that campaign, it was really effective.

26 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I did forget Coyle.

I’m certainly not planning on sitting idly by while Waggott sells of the training ground, but I don’t think a boycott is the right way for so many reasons.

It would be extremely poorly received in my opinion. There people who are keen to get back in Ewood after the pandemic won’t be put off by anything. I’d also expect a significant number just to drift away. As I’ve mentioned, plenty of vocal support for Waggott’s hair brained scheme away from this board.

I’ve been trying to point out the glaring issues with the proposal on social media and on Rovers Radio. I think the best way that supporters can try and combat it is to work with local Brockhall residents.

• Like 9