BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

They're Nixon stories from the Sun on Sunday, which means they're yet more fliers and highly unlikely to happen. 

Clickbait for the gullible

I'm no fan of Nixon, but are you referring to the same Nixon that broke Armstrong to Southampton and Obafemi?

You had Armstrong going to West Ham in January 😆 

How gullible..... 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Given this is a loan, I am assuming our financial outlay will be minimal. 

OK, so we may get a cheap, injury prone gamble. I still would not go for it. If he does get signed, I hope he is very successful and proves my worries to be unfounded.

Edited by rigger

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

and? 

He looks very good on clips of YouTube before his move to Man City. 

Could be a very decent signing

Come on Chaddy, YouTube can make any player look good.

I’d love Ntcham though but there’s no chance we can afford his wages. 😞 

• Like 1

LT have done an article on the players we have been linked with today and recently

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19514598.names-frame-blackburn-rovers-hunt-new-signings/

Rovers have looked at Toulouse striker Rhys Healey but Obafemi is first choice according to this report(link below). For me, time to drop our interest in Obafemi now and move for Healey before its too late. Mowbray need to accept that Obafemi doesn't want to come here.

Blackburn Rovers have looked at Toulouse star Rhys Healey, but Michael Obafemi remains top striker target - The 72

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Carter has already had a successful loan to League 1 with a good display with Burton Albion and looked very handy when he came on and played this season. Sending him out again to League 1 to loan in another club's young player just seems redundant. Have faith in him to make the jump up as we did with Pickering and spend the money where we need it in a striker/winger

I'm pretty sympathetic to this, the only worry I have is that even if we don't sign anyone, we could end up in the position in a month or two where he's behind Lenihan, Ayala & Wharton and suddenly he's on the bench every week and not playing for weeks on end. 

Flip side of that is obviously that all three of those mentioned have poor fitness records, so he probably would play his fair share if he stayed at Rovers, especially if we continue switching with three at the back. I can see the logic in bringing in a cheapish prem loan and sending Carter away for another season just to make sure that he gets on the pitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm pretty sympathetic to this, the only worry I have is that even if we don't sign anyone, we could end up in the position in a month or two where he's behind Lenihan, Ayala & Wharton and suddenly he's on the bench every week and not playing for weeks on end. 

Flip side of that is obviously that all three of those mentioned have poor fitness records, so he probably would play his fair share if he stayed at Rovers, especially if we continue switching with three at the back. I can see the logic in bringing in a cheapish prem loan and sending Carter away for another season just to make sure that he gets on the pitch.

Let him go on loan in  January if he isn't needed. Daft letting him go out now.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

LT have done an article on the players we have been linked with today and recently

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19514598.names-frame-blackburn-rovers-hunt-new-signings/

Rovers have looked at Toulouse striker Rhys Healey but Obafemi is first choice according to this report(link below). For me, time to drop our interest in Obafemi now and move for Healey before its too late. Mowbray need to accept that Obafemi doesn't want to come here.

Blackburn Rovers have looked at Toulouse star Rhys Healey, but Michael Obafemi remains top striker target - The 72

That LT list is pretty uninspiring.  Clearly not much contribution from our new recruitment chap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm no fan of Nixon, but are you referring to the same Nixon that broke Armstrong to Southampton and Obafemi?

How gullible..... 

He also said Norwich had put in a bid which was then denied by every Norwich based journo. He’s a bit of a chancer but if you cover all bases you’ll get a few right. As he likes to say on Twitter….. Aye.  

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who were you expecting considering the financial; situation?

Whats the point of employing a recruitment person if we have no money to spend on players,its a waste of wages but Mowbray has a list of wasting money on paying mates or mates sons.

• Like 2

Understand reservations on injury record but PS on loan from City would be a really solid addition. He's a quality player. Has played in a holding role in midfield, and at the back on the left and right side. Ayala is fine when fit but he's not always going to be.  

Carter did okay too so I'd keep him around. I think Lenihan, Ayala, Carter, Sandler is a good solid 4 to have. Wharton to return before Christmas. Perhaps take Sandler on a 6 month until January as Mowbray has hinted at. Makes a lot of sense.

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Understand reservations on injury record but PS on loan from City would be a really solid addition. He's a quality player. Has played in a holding role in midfield, and at the back on the left and right side. Ayala is fine when fit but he's not always going to be.  

Carter did okay too so I'd keep him around. I think Lenihan, Ayala, Carter, Sandler is a good solid 4 to have. Wharton to return before Christmas. Perhaps take Sandler on a 6 month until January as Mowbray has hinted at. Makes a lot of sense.

As long as it doesn’t stop Carter or Wharton’s progression I’m all for it. Both Carter and Wharton look good enough to play for Rovers. You’re right, we need 4 centre backs. 

• Like 9

Again, I can't comment directly on Sandler as I have never seen him, at least he has senior experience of some sort, although his injury record is a worry.

We are in a sticky situation though with our central defence, baring in mind that we (bar up front) seem to be solely reliant on the loan market and you can only have up to 5 in a squad.

If we got one, say Sandler, he himself probably wouldn't play from the off until an injury to one of the current 2 (most likely) which itself may cause problems with City if he isnt playing, to loan 2 would likely double that problem. Reverting constantly to a back 3 just to play loanees would be annoying. Wharton is seemingly well off fitness to the point that anything pre January may be a bonus, especially as with centre backs you cant really give them 15/20 minute cameos at first like you can with attacking players. Carter as third choice behind an injury prone Ayala is not something I am convinced that he is capable of, ideally he could with a loan higher up in League 1. That being said, with loan spaces at a premium, I think the best bet would be to loan one in, perhaps Sandler I dont know, have Lenihan, Ayala and keep Carter until January, assuming Wharton is back by then, then loan him out. We need to ensure we have 4 centre backs.

We do definitely need the loan places elsewhere unless we can have the flexibility to sign permanent players. We definitely need another left back, not only is Pickering struggling to adapt but more importantly, if he got a knock this week say, I have literally no idea who else we could play there. We definitely need a deeper central midfielder, and I think that we need at least a couple of wide men as well as a goalscoring midfielder, so there will already have to compromise there.

So unless this bizarrely rigid transfer compromise of 1 permanent striker and 5 loans can become a little more flexible, I think the priorities would have to be a left back, a centre back, a central midfielder, a winger, and then either another winger/attacking midfielder who can score goals. In which case, Carter will need to stay until January, although Magloire, Garrett and Butterworth could all perhaps be loaned out.

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

As long as it doesn’t stop Carter or Wharton’s progression I’m all for it. Both Carter and Wharton look good enough to play for Rovers. You’re right, we need 4 centre backs. 

Carter really coped well yesterday and you can see that loan experience has helped him. I think injuries will see him go further than Wharton in the end. But yes, we need 4 and a 6 month loan on a player like Sandler is sensible for me.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-transfers-morgan-rogers-5789339

Morgan Rodgers was at Forest yesterday ahead of a potential loan. He impressed me when I saw Lincoln last season and contributed both goals and assists. I would much prefer him who has shown at least at some level that he is capable of scoring and assisting over a stab in the dark like Khadra.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Carter really coped well yesterday and you can see that loan experience has helped him. I think injuries will see him go further than Wharton in the end. But yes, we need 4 and a 6 month loan on a player like Sandler is sensible for me.

Would it not make more sense to loan Sandler in for a season, and loan Carter out in January? We do need Carter around mainly for cover before then, at which point I think regular football in League 1 (ideally at a Promotion chasing side) would allow him to get more regular game time rather than having a whole season as 4th choice. That would also leave him in a better position ahead of next season in which him and Wharton could become even more important, especially if Lenihan leaves.

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yeah, I'm not going to say anything specific.

😂 I've known Cooper for years, went to school together and were mates and went for dinner just before he went to Millwall.

So are you the reason he knows the club is a shambles?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-transfers-morgan-rogers-5789339

Morgan Rodgers was at Forest yesterday ahead of a potential loan. He impressed me when I saw Lincoln last season and contributed both goals and assists. I would much prefer him who has shown at least at some level that he is capable of scoring and assisting over a stab in the dark like Khadra.

Would it not make more sense to loan Sandler in for a season, and loan Carter out in January? We do need Carter around mainly for cover before then, at which point I think regular football in League 1 (ideally at a Promotion chasing side) would allow him to get more regular game time rather than having a whole season as 4th choice. That would also leave him in a better position ahead of next season in which him and Wharton could become even more important, especially if Lenihan leaves.

Also a very sensible option.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who were you expecting considering the financial; situation?

They are predominantly lads who are either very young or injury prone.  You would hope, given the influx of some money to spend, that the new chief scout or what ever he is, would have a few aces already up his sleeve.  Otherwise, what's the point getting him in? It's not like he's new to the game.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Gav said:

How gullible..... 

For the record, I was the messenger. West Ham fans including 2 close friends were convinced he was going.......... 

How gullible to get it wrong

Again

Edited by jim mk2