BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Feed him a few lines to sell the current Blackburn Rovers to Cooper. That’s if you can think of any because I can’t. He’d have to wait his turn and learn how to play centre half off Lenihan I suppose

sorry that was supposed to sarcastic wasnt it! 'learn to play centre half from lenihan' 😬😬 he forgets how to do it himself most weeks, personally i still don't see him as a natural centre back, he's probably the most overated player in our 1st team. 

26 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

sorry that was supposed to sarcastic wasnt it! 'learn to play centre half from lenihan' 😬😬 he forgets how to do it himself most weeks, personally i still don't see him as a natural centre back, he's probably the most overated player in our 1st team. 

I don't think that Lenihan is anything special, but we are definitely worse when he doesn't play. I also dont get how anyone could see him as anything other than a centre back, he was really poor in midfield a few years back, and is so limited on the ball, his strengths are his bravery and aeriel ability which suit him as a warrior at centre back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

It wouldn't be the worst thing, given his contract situation, to let him go if a decent bid came in.  

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that Lenihan is anything special, but we are definitely worse when he doesn't play. I also dont get how anyone could see him as anything other than a centre back, he was really poor in midfield a few years back, and is so limited on the ball, his strengths are his bravery and aeriel ability which suit him as a warrior at centre back.

i never said he was a good midfielder, just that that's his preferred position(be his own acounts) 

I just think he's mediocre defender at best,this 'warrior' talk is nonsense unless they have good ability to go with it, otherwise they're just a liability. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

I mentioned Olivier Ntcham about 100 pages ago.

Sounds far fetched, but at the same time maybe it is in the same realms of Ayala last year and Holtby in 2019. Perhaps he'll come crawling back to us in early September looking for a 2 year deal. I wouldn't complain. 

Philippe Sandler, never heard of him. However, a 24 year old who City STILL want to give an extension to... IF he could stay fit, might be a good option. Is he a THB or Tosin though?

Don't think many would complain about Leighton Clarkson given his links, pedigree/potential and being a fan.

Michael Obafemi, well let's ignore that one, but probably needed, especially since its kinda part of the Armstrong deal.

Reda Khadra, again never heard of him, but looks better than Carlos Villanueva and we definitly need some proper wingers.

Ntcham and Obafemi, plus Khadra, Clarkson and Sandler on loan... might actually keep us stable with 2 loans to spare (*Left back*).

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We do definitely need the loan places elsewhere unless we can have the flexibility to sign permanent players. We definitely need another left back, not only is Pickering struggling to adapt but more importantly, if he got a knock this week say, I have literally no idea who else we could play there. We definitely need a deeper central midfielder, and I think that we need at least a couple of wide men as well as a goalscoring midfielder, so there will already have to compromise there.

I think Pickering was fine in the Swansea game and had a good game. Yes he might not been at best yesterday but seen more senior left backs struggled again a Millwall team given how they played. Yes we need another left back and

Isn't Leighton Clarkson going to be deeper centre midfielder we need? 

No need for another wide players when you got Dolan, JRC, Brereton, Butterworth and 1 new wide signing. Used what we got. 

The main priority for me is signing striker to replace Armstrong

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-transfers-morgan-rogers-5789339

Morgan Rodgers was at Forest yesterday ahead of a potential loan. He impressed me when I saw Lincoln last season and contributed both goals and assists. I would much prefer him who has shown at least at some level that he is capable of scoring and assisting over a stab in the dark like Khadra

will be interesting to see how he fits into the Forest given that they have signed the Watford winger on loan. 

Would you be interested in taking Jack Clarke on loan from Spurs?

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

They are predominantly lads who are either very young or injury prone.  You would hope, given the influx of some money to spend, that the new chief scout or what ever he is, would have a few aces already up his sleeve.  Otherwise, what's the point getting him in? It's not like he's new to the game.

well given our problems with FFP and meeting them I don't much of the money will be reinvested. I really wish we could invest most of the money and improved the overall squad. 

I imagine we sign a permanent striker and possible one other player. rest will be loans imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rochdale_rover said:

City fans seem to rate Sandler from what u can see on twitter. General chat is that city fans would rather have him in the team than ake. So surely must have something about him

Trouble is his injury record is awful, but at least he could play alongside Ayala both on the pitch and on the treatment table.

2 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Some City fans think that Sandler is better than Ake... also just seen apparantly he is on 38k per week. How we gonna finance that? Offer to pay 30% of his wages? 

I guess with his injury record no team would pay more than a tiny fraction of those wages. I'd be a bit surprised and disappointed if we're risking as much as 30% given our financial position, even if he is a really talented player. 

From City's perspective, their best option with him now is to not worry about wage contributions, and just get him playing regularly at the best level possible for a season and hope he can stay fit. If he does well, then they can offer him a new deal then maybe sell him for a few quid like they did with Tosin. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, callumrovers said:

Some City fans think that Sandler is better than Ake... also just seen apparantly he is on 38k per week. How we gonna finance that? Offer to pay 30% of his wages? 

The way these deals are weighted means its very cheap if the player starts every game. But if he doesn't we will pay a lot more of his salary. 

11 hours ago, callumrovers said:

Some of the Premier League wages for u23 are ridiculous. Darren MacAnthony (Peterborough chairman) said on his podcast last week that they tried for a loan for an 18 year old at a Premier League club and they wanted some of his £42k a week wages covered. The player hasn’t even made a first team appearance yet 😂

Edited by BRFC_Polky

11 hours ago, callumrovers said:

Some City fans were reported as being astonished when we signed Davenport from them on a permanent deal. I've learned to be cautious  about transfer bullshit.

When did we last sign a player who his club wanted and tried to keep. Savage?

• Like 1